Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
Soooo have an idea! The concept is to make a softer more compliant GT for daily driving and gobbling up bumpy roads. This would be accomplished through OEM parts and aftermarket parts swaps.

1. Switch tires to 255/45-20 conti DWS6+ (To soften the ride while increasing grip in all driving conditions)

2. Swap stock GT springs for premium OEM springs, retain GT shocks. (To soften the ride yet gain more rebound control with the GT shocks)

3.Change stock sway bars for Steeda front and rear sway bars. (To compensate for the softer springs and reduce body roll in order and improve turn in and chassis stability during bumpy cornering)

I’m hoping doing these mods will provide a more compliant confidence inspiring ride while maintaining sporty driving nature of the GT. Also help with the wife Acceptance factor.

Let me what you guys/gals think of the idea. Yee O’L ADHD leaves a school bus sized blind spot and could be missing something very obvious.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
Did you try 2 and 3?
I have the tires. They were installed at delivery. Running them at 35 squared gives a pretty smooth ride that I’m satisfied with. Not satisfied with the immense understeer. Will be trying the Steeda sway bars this spring.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Coilovers. Tune them to your liking (if you want to go really crazy, find a shop that will tweak the valving/springs). Or wait for aftermarket shocks that will have better damping
Sponsored