If you guys leave the car on and walk away, is it honking twice at you?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
If you walk away with it on, the mache will also automatically turn itself off after a period of time.

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
If you walk away with it on, the mache will also automatically turn itself off after a period of time.
That's fine, the timer for that is 30 minutes, or you can even turn that setting off. I'm just concerned with the honking because I will keep the car on in some circumstances.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I thought the Tesla would drive to the store and pick up a quart of milk for you.
Yes, if you pay for the full service deliveries option. Currently $10,000 and in "beta" meaning the car may attempt to pick up cougars instead of milk, and it may bring them to your new intern's house instead of yours. So you may have to go to the store and pick up the milk yourself.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I detest this "feature". Makes zero sense we cannot turn it off.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I had a 2018 Escape, that did this when I took the key fob (push button start) with me but not if I left the key in the vehicle. I haven’t had my Mach-E do it while the key was in the car either.

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Do you have phone as a key set up. It may be getting conflicting info.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I mostly get annoyed when it honks and I know neighbors are trying to sleep. Or if I step out to get the mail. Have to keep my mailbox key separate from the key fob and leave key fob in the car, not close the door completely when I get the mail.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Sometimes I just need to step out of the car to grab something really quick, anytime I leave the car on to do this, it honks twice super loud. Regardless if I leave the keys in or take it with me.

I was actually hoping to be able to keep the car on and locked while walking away so I wouldn't have to turn it on when I get back and wait for the screen to run and stuff.

Can anyone try this out and let me know if they too see the same behavior?

if you turn the MME 'off', the 'walk away lock' chirp is select-able, and you can turn on/off.

If you leave the MME 'on', for instance so that the A/C keeps the cabin cool while you run inside for a few minutes... you'll need to leave your Fob, or PAAK phone, in the vehicle to avoid the chirps. You can still lock the doors by hitting the manual lock button as you exit, and door pillar code to unlock when you return.

This is obviously a little risky since someone *could* break in and drive your MME away.

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
if you turn the MME 'off', the 'walk away lock' chirp is select-able, and you can turn on/off.

If you leave the MME 'on', for instance so that the A/C keeps the cabin cool while you run inside for a few minutes... you'll need to leave your Fob, or PAAK phone, in the vehicle to avoid the chirps. You can still lock the doors by hitting the manual lock button as you exit, and door pillar code to unlock when you return.

This is obviously a little risky since someone *could* break in and drive your MME away.
Yeah if I left it in the car, wouldn't anyone be able to just open the door either way since the fob is inside and the car can sense that it's inside so it will just open?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yeah if I left it in the car, wouldn't anyone be able to just open the door either way since the fob is inside and the car can sense that it's inside so it will just open?
you can lock/unlock the doors manually despite fob/phone left inside.

you can LOCK on exit by pushing the door lock button on the door as you exit, or you can exit and lock with the door pillar by activating and pressing bottom two numbers simultaneously.

you UNLOCK by activating door pillar and entering 'your' 5 digit door code

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
While not ideal, isn't one work around to just turn off the car then remote start it after you get out and shut the door (brining the fob/key with you)? The HVAC will run and there is no beeping and no way for anyone to steal the car since you have the key. You can even hit unlock again if other people will be getting in and out of car while you are away.

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
you can lock/unlock the doors manually despite fob/phone left inside.

you can LOCK on exit by pushing the door lock button on the door as you exit, or you can exit and lock with the door pillar by activating and pressing bottom two numbers simultaneously.

you UNLOCK by activating door pillar and entering 'your' 5 digit door code
I'm aware of these, but if I keep the fob inside, even if I manually lock using the pillar when I leave, can't someone else just open the door since the fob is inside?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm aware of these, but if I keep the fob inside, even if I manually lock using the pillar when I leave, can't someone else just open the door since the fob is inside?
I don't know about the Fob since I have been using PAAK successfully.... I do know that the doors stay locked if I leave MME, phone inside, and lock the doors manually upon exit.

test it out with Fob inside, and post results ?!
just make sure you know your DoorCode first. ;)

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
That's fine, the timer for that is 30 minutes, or you can even turn that setting off. I'm just concerned with the honking because I will keep the car on in some circumstances.
You can adjust this time limit in the settings to turn off sooner if you don't want to run the battery down, or longer if you walk away with your hands in the air like you just don't care. ?
Sponsored