If you like PAAK, you’ll love PAAGDO (Phone As A Garage Door Opener)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Yeah that is annoying, but I think its a regulation for having it automated it has to warn that its closing.

Other great feature of having this is being able to have amazon deliver all my packages inside of my garage and kept safe. Totally worth the $20 for the MyQ gateway.
Yup. That is awesome too.
Sponsored

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Same, can’t get any easier than pushing the garage door button that pops up on CarPlay when your down the block.
My car stays outside so it’s nice not having the garage door programmed to the homelink.
hass.io and a raspberryPI makes it super easy to bridge most smart devices to HomeKit.
Any info on how you set that up? I've got the MyQ and its linked through Homebridge - I set an automation in Homekit which pops up on my phone and Watch to ask me if I want to open the door, how are you getting it on your CarPlay? I must be missing a step to enable that somewhere, or is it a separate plug-in for homekit?

The homelink buttons in my old car never worked for me, this would be a nice workaround, especially with wireless CarPlay I don't always have my phone in my hand when I get out of the car or my hands are full as I unload the car and forget to check my Watch). #1stworldproblems

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Any info on how you set that up? I've got the MyQ and its linked through Homebridge - I set an automation in Homekit which pops up on my phone and Watch to ask me if I want to open the door, how are you getting it on your CarPlay? I must be missing a step to enable that somewhere, or is it a separate plug-in for homekit?

The homelink buttons in my old car never worked for me, this would be a nice workaround, especially with wireless CarPlay I don't always have my phone in my hand when I get out of the car or my hands are full as I unload the car and forget to check my Watch). #1stworldproblems
Does HomeKit see it as a garage door? The icon should be a garage door. If not you may have to reconfigure it in Homebridge. If it does show up as a garage door then it should work.
Just make sure CarPlay is running and you’re on the 3 tile view. The bottom left tile will get smaller and the garage door button will pop up when you’re close to home.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I have a MyQ setup and can open the garage doors with my phone, but I can't see how using a button on a screen would be easier than the homelink buttons on the visor. Plus I am not entirely sure I want the garage door to open without manual input.
What I like about this is what another poster said - the button shows up in CarPlay when I am about a half mile from my house. When I turn the corner on my block, I hit the button the door starts going up and is up when I pull into the driveway. I have a side load garage, and if I just used the button on the visor, I have to be all the way up the driveway and in front of the door before it will register and open.

I didn't have to do anything to make it show up in CarPlay other than have the door added to HomeKit. However . . . you have to be on the CarPlay screen that has the multiple tiles - not the full screen. For example, with Waze on the tiled screen, there is a search button on the screen below the Waze map. When I get within a 1/2 mile of home, that button changes to the garage door button (which shows open or closed) and touching that button then opens the door.
Sponsored