If you reserved but failed to order, did Ford cancel your reservation?

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Had mine canceled by Ford on 12-4-2020. Not upset as I needed towing capacity. Also the DCFC network is missing in action where I am retiring to.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Did they phone you first before cancelling your order?

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I originally had a FE reserved, but didn't order as I want a test drive, or at least be able to sit in a prototype first.

Eventually the converted it to a premium reservation. It was showing a deadline of ~12/31/2020 to convert to an order. I noticed (had to login and check, they didn't notify me) a few days ago the order deadline is now 02/11/2021.

Hopefully the dealer will get a demo vehicle in by then, or extend the deadline. I assume they realize a lot of people will not convert to an order without some sort of test drive.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I originally had a FE reserved, but didn't order as I want a test drive, or at least be able to sit in a prototype first.

Eventually the converted it to a premium reservation. It was showing a deadline of ~12/31/2020 to convert to an order. I noticed (had to login and check, they didn't notify me) a few days ago the order deadline is now 02/11/2021.

Hopefully the dealer will get a demo vehicle in by then, or extend the deadline. I assume they realize a lot of people will not convert to an order without some sort of test drive.
At the release in November 2019 it called more of a SUV than crossover. Assumed it would allow towing but at this time no one is sure a tow hitch can be easily installed. Then there is the issue of the charging network or lack of DCFC in your area. Where I am headed in the future, the charging network is extremely poor or non-existence making road tripping difficult especially during the winter months. Better to wait as improvements to the charging network and battery tech (solid state) will arrive-later.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
After towing a small uhaul trailer with my Escape with a riding mower from OH to VA this past week I have no desire to ever tow again. I only wish there was a receiver for my bike rack.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
At the release in November 2019 it called more of a SUV than crossover. Assumed it would allow towing but at this time no one is sure a tow hitch can be easily installed. Then there is the issue of the charging network or lack of DCFC in your area. Where I am headed in the future, the charging network is extremely poor or non-existence making road tripping difficult especially during the winter months. Better to wait as improvements to the charging network and battery tech (solid state) will arrive-later.
are you moving to Alaska or something?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Those are all valid reasons to wait or do further research. The lack of DCFC is only an issue if you're going on a trip beyond your area and car range or if you'll have no L2 AC charge capabilities at your new digs.

Towing is an issue in general as @jhalkias pointed out above and as can be confirmed on various videos. If you're after a bike/ski carrier, that's another story. I'd expect to see real aftermarket hitches tailored to the MME start appearing in the relatively near future.

Waiting on better technology can be an endless loop. There's always something better, new, improved, with zero carbs, has no fat, and low in calories in the near future.

Reactions: ARK

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
He never converted his RESERVATION to an ORDER. If you have an order, you'll get a car.
It was initially you had until 12-30-2020 to convert. Remember? Ford cancelled it, I did not. I was also waiting to see in person and in an attempt to pick the dealership's information.

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
are you moving to Alaska or something?
Go look at Plugshare and the UP of Michigan. Zero DCFC. I'm 20 miles from the UP border. Going south to Green Bay which is 150 miles-same story. Zero DCFC.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
It was initially you had until 12-30-2020 to convert. Remember? Ford cancelled it, I did not. I was also waiting to see in person and in an attempt to pick the dealership's information.
Interesting Ford would cancel some, and extend the deadline for some (all without communications, or at least for my case of them extending).

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am not arguing that they cancelled your reservation before the deadline, just informing a newbie of the situation so he doesn't go off in a panic about Ford cancelling ORDERS.

Ford shouldn't have done that, and I'd be curious to know why they did. However, you are speculating that it is due to the ORDER volume they have. There is enough misinformation around already, so you should have phrased order volume as an assumption not known fact - unless Ford actually told you that.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I put in my reservation Dec 20, 2020 and my dealer has not accepted it, told me I had to wait until Monday the 4th. Makes me curious about flow thru.... I take it the time stamp on the reservation affects your build order. Could it be your time stamp slot has been passed by the production line and they are making you go back to the end of the line?
Sponsored