If you reserved but failed to order, did Ford cancel your reservation?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I put in my reservation Dec 20, 2020 and my dealer has not accepted it, told me I had to wait until Monday the 4th. Makes me curious about flow thru.... I take it the time stamp on the reservation affects your build order. Could it be your time stamp slot has been passed by the production line and they are making you go back to the end of the line?
Either it was for a GT (only trim they are taking new reservations), or the year is wrong, or you mean order instead of reservation. (I am guessing you mean order instead of reservation as dealers only need to accept orders).
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Either it was for a GT (only trim they are taking new reservations), or the year is wrong, or you mean order instead of reservation.
You are correct, "order" it is but my dealer has yet to accept so it is kind of a reservation at this point.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You are correct, "order" it is but my dealer has yet to accept so it is kind of a reservation at this point.
No, it is an order that has not been accepted by the dealer. Call them. They probably don't know they have to take that step.

Reservations were very different. They now only apply to the GT. However, many of us made our reservations over a year ago and converted them to orders starting in late June. Since late June when the ordering system opened, reservations could only be made for the Mach E GT.
Sponsored