If you use Intelligent Cruise Control, don’t update to Power up 2.4.4.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Ok, so I just drove home from work after updating to 2.4.4. I use intelligent cruise control to combat my lead foot. For some reason, the car slowed to [speed limit +2] -25mph on 4 or 5 separate occasions. I’m not sure why, it showed the correct speed limit on the gauge cluster screen, but the set point dropped from 57 [55+2 (my tolerance adjustment)] down to 35. It also did this in a 70 mph zone. Dropping the setpoint to 47 out of the blue.
Adaptive cruise control seemed to work fine, but with speed limit recognition on, this behavior kept occurring.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I will update as I find out what’s going on.
Fortunately, or possibly even partially responsible for this issue, I also enabled the advanced analytics program today and had the security tokens installed and enabled, so the engineers should have a good capture of the data to figure out what’s up.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ok, so I just drove home from work after updating to 4.4.4. I use intelligent cruise control to combat my lead foot. For some reason, the car slowed to [speed limit +2] -25mph on 4 or 5 separate occasions. I’m not sure why, it showed the correct speed limit on the gauge cluster screen, but the set point dropped from 57 [55+2 (my tolerance adjustment)] down to 35. It also did this in a 70 mph zone. Dropping the setpoint to 47 out of the blue.
Adaptive cruise control seemed to work fine, but with speed limit recognition on, this behavior kept occurring.
Good shout! If it pops up on mine that I can install I will prolong it as long as I can! I use intelligent cruise near constantly.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I will update as I find out what’s going on.
Fortunately, or possibly even partially responsible for this issue, I also enabled the advanced analytics program today and had the security tokens installed and enabled, so the engineers should have a good capture of the data to figure out what’s up.
There's an issue that's been popping up for a few of us where occasionally the GPS will think we're about 3 miles east of our actual location. The problem is fixed after a sync reboot..

Is it possible that this is what happened to you? The gps thought you were on a different road and set the speed limit accordingly?

Also you've got a typo in the title of the thread... 2.4.4 ?

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My gps was acting wonky, but the speed limit sign on the gauge cluster had the correct speed limit for the road I was on.

I went to the early access page and reported the issue. We will see what they find.

it was actually kinda scary, because if it wasn’t midnight and this happened while traffic was packed, it could have created a very dangerous situation.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
My gps was acting wonky, but the speed limit sign on the gauge cluster had the correct speed limit for the road I was on.

I went to the early access page and reported the issue. We will see what they find.

it was actually kinda scary, because if it wasn’t midnight and this happened while traffic was packed, it could have created a very dangerous situation.
Yeah, I can imagine that was frightening! I've run into a similar situation, but it was caused by a parallel highway with speed limit signs that the car got confused with

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Yeah, I can imagine that was frightening! I've run into a similar situation, but it was caused by a parallel highway with speed limit signs that the car got confused with
The roads are pretty empty on my way home from work, so I wasn’t so much scared of it happening at the time. It was more of a “Fuuuudge! If this happened during rush hour, I’d have a tractor/trailer in my passenger seat” kinda thing.

Once I realized what was happening, I turned speed limit recognition off to verify what was happening, and I went about 5 minutes without an issue. I reenabled speed limit recognition, and within about a minute it happened again. I intentionally let it keep happening until I got off the expressway to generate data because I didn’t feel like I was at any risk.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So I have no idea what powerup I have and not too sure where to look.

However I've used the intelligent cruise since I purchased the car, well maybe about 2 weeks after once I trusted it more. I've never had an issue with it changing abruptly on my daily (50ish mile) around town commutes.

However, I did go to Disney a few weeks ago which was our first "trip" in the MME. I forget exactly where we were, I think we were on the I5 around the area where you leave San Diego County. I had the car go from 75 to 45 once, I canceled it and turned the system back on at 75. I would say about 20 seconds later the car abruptly slowed again to 35 this time. I canceled it and was like "WTF CAR!" and turned it back on, again it went back to 45.

After that happened, I've not turned back on intelligent control again. Doing 75 in the fast lane and brake checking the person behind you is not a good feeling.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
The roads are pretty empty on my way home from work, so I wasn’t so much scared of it happening at the time. It was more of a “Fuuuudge! If this happened during rush hour, I’d have a tractor/trailer in my passenger seat” kinda thing.

Once I realized what was happening, I turned speed limit recognition off to verify what was happening, and I went about 5 minutes without an issue. I reenabled speed limit recognition, and within about a minute it happened again. I intentionally let it keep happening until I got off the expressway to generate data because I didn’t feel like I was at any risk.
Can it be that intelligent cruise control prevents overtaking from the right-hand-side lane?

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Can it be that intelligent cruise control prevents overtaking from the right-hand-side lane?
No. This was the first time my car has exhibited this behavior, and I’ve been driving this route, in this manner, at these times, for over 24,099 miles.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
No. This was the first time my car has exhibited this behavior, and I’ve been driving this route, in this manner, at these times, for over 24,099 miles.
My suggestion was that an update introduced this behavior. Can this be?

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My suggestion was that an update introduced this behavior. Can this be?
That is what I am thinking, as I installed the update to power up 2.4.4 while at work yesterday evening, and this happened the first time I drove the car afterwards.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
That is what I am thinking, as I installed the update to power up 4.4.4 while at work yesterday evening, and this happened the first time I drove the car afterwards.
If you mean the car was trying to block me from passing on the right, the road was nearly empty, and I wasn’t passing anyone. If anything, cars were regularly overtaking me because I have my cruise control set to the posted speed limit plus 2mph.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Is there a roll-back capability to verify that this is behavior introduced by the PowerUp?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you mean the car was trying to block me from passing on the right, the road was nearly empty, and I wasn’t passing anyone. If anything, cars were regularly overtaking me because I have my cruise control set to the posted speed limit plus 2mph.
Which in Michigan is equivalent to going 10-15mph under the limit
Sponsored