If you use Intelligent Cruise Control, don’t update to Power up 2.4.4.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Ok I'm back.
Temp: 23F
Start charge: 85%
Car: relatively clean for Michigan ;)
Drive: 17 miles
Route: About 33% residential, 66% highway used ICC for a good 85-90% of the drive
I have mine set to 6 miles/hour over the speed limit and on freeways around here I'll frequently bump it up to about 80mph or a little under--just to keep up with traffic.
Version: Installed PowerUp-2.4.4 yesterday around 7pm

Not a single issue, in fact I think ICC worked better than I've ever seen it operate (no phantom lane changes, no weird accelerations, etc.). It even slowed down for an interchange ramp between two interstates--the car slowed down while turning but the ICC remained at the set value.

Not once did it slow down for no reason (moderate traffic but there were stretches with nobody around me) and the setpoint remained at the value set.

Is your front window dirty in front of the camera?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Odd. 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 were both IPC updates. 2.4.4 obviously superseding the software in 2.4.3. Not sure why Ford needed to do this but I guess they did.

It is odd this would break the ICC. I thought the IPC only displayed the limit and set speeds - I didn't think it controlled anything. This may be a coincidence?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Odd. 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 were both IPC updates. 2.4.4 obviously superseding the software in 2.4.3. Not sure why Ford needed to do this but I guess they did.
I wonder if the IPC update in FDRS is the one that's in 2.4.3 or 2.4.4.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I wonder if the IPC update in FDRS is the one that's in 2.4.3 or 2.4.4.
Whats the software version(s) when its installing and I'll tell you...

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Ok I'm back.
Temp: 23F
Start charge: 85%
Car: relatively clean for Michigan ;)
Drive: 17 miles
Route: About 33% residential, 66% highway used ICC for a good 85-90% of the drive
I have mine set to 6 miles/hour over the speed limit and on freeways around here I'll frequently bump it up to about 80mph or a little under--just to keep up with traffic.
Version: Installed PowerUp-2.4.4 yesterday around 7pm

Not a single issue, in fact I think ICC worked better than I've ever seen it operate (no phantom lane changes, no weird accelerations, etc.). It even slowed down for an interchange ramp between two interstates--the car slowed down while turning but the ICC remained at the set value.

Not once did it slow down for no reason (moderate traffic but there were stretches with nobody around me) and the setpoint remained at the value set.

Is your front window dirty in front of the camera?
The windows are clean. The GPS system also had me in a very weird location. It has been suggested that this may actually be the issue. ?‍♂

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Looks like it's LU5T-10F906-AA.
That's the 2.4.4 software. They changed the base sw part number this rev to 10F906 from 14C026 which is interesting. I've never seen them do that before. Also changed from LJ8T (mach E) to LU5T (unknown, multiple vehicles, 2020 p/n). This is super weird.
Ford Mustang Mach-E If you use Intelligent Cruise Control, don’t update to Power up 2.4.4. 1646315655847

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That's the 2.4.4 software. They changed the base sw part number this rev to 10F906 from 14C026 which is interesting. I've never seen them do that before. Also changed from LJ8T (mach E) to LU5T (unknown, multiple vehicles, 2020 p/n). This is super weird.
Ford Mustang Mach-E If you use Intelligent Cruise Control, don’t update to Power up 2.4.4. 1646315655847
That means this IPC version was actually released in FDRS before it started rolling out OTA. But it looks like there are still quite a few modules that are part of this series of OTA releases that aren't in FDRS yet. I wonder how they decide.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So I have no idea what powerup I have and not too sure where to look.

However I've used the intelligent cruise since I purchased the car, well maybe about 2 weeks after once I trusted it more. I've never had an issue with it changing abruptly on my daily (50ish mile) around town commutes.

However, I did go to Disney a few weeks ago which was our first "trip" in the MME. I forget exactly where we were, I think we were on the I5 around the area where you leave San Diego County. I had the car go from 75 to 45 once, I canceled it and turned the system back on at 75. I would say about 20 seconds later the car abruptly slowed again to 35 this time. I canceled it and was like "WTF CAR!" and turned it back on, again it went back to 45.

After that happened, I've not turned back on intelligent control again. Doing 75 in the fast lane and brake checking the person behind you is not a good feeling.
Turn off sign recognition.

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Turn off sign recognition.
That disables Intelligent Cruise Control. I want the car to adjust its setpoint to changing speed limits because I have a lead foot.

It has been suggested that the nav system (which was showing my location incorrectly) was changing the setpoint, and a reboot of the main screen might solve the issue, so I am going to see how the car behaves on the way to work today. If it problem persists, I’ll turn off sign recognition until the engineers have a better solution or want more data.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
That disables Intelligent Cruise Control. I want the car to adjust its setpoint to changing speed limits because I have a lead foot.

It has been suggested that the nav system (which was showing my location incorrectly) was changing the setpoint, and a reboot of the main screen might solve the issue, so I am going to see how the car behaves on the way to work today. If it problem persists, I’ll turn off sign recognition until the engineers have a better solution or want more data.
Let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I will.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So I have no idea what powerup I have and not too sure where to look.

However I've used the intelligent cruise since I purchased the car, well maybe about 2 weeks after once I trusted it more. I've never had an issue with it changing abruptly on my daily (50ish mile) around town commutes.

However, I did go to Disney a few weeks ago which was our first "trip" in the MME. I forget exactly where we were, I think we were on the I5 around the area where you leave San Diego County. I had the car go from 75 to 45 once, I canceled it and turned the system back on at 75. I would say about 20 seconds later the car abruptly slowed again to 35 this time. I canceled it and was like "WTF CAR!" and turned it back on, again it went back to 45.

After that happened, I've not turned back on intelligent control again. Doing 75 in the fast lane and brake checking the person behind you is not a good feeling.
Yeah mine does this on the way to Disney from Tampa, there’s a weigh station off I4 with a 45 mph sign that it catches every time when interstate speed limit is 70, it’s actually kind of crazy how far the speed signs can be read from

Magic

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, GT-P ordered, Others
Country flag
Yeah, I can imagine that was frightening! I've run into a similar situation, but it was caused by a parallel highway with speed limit signs that the car got confused with
Same here traveling eastbound on I-10 going into San Antonio. I-10 speed limit is 75, but because feeder road speed sign is fairly close the car selected and used 55 mph instead. It has happened several times now in the same spot.
Sponsored