MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Same as Gary - I enter the house through the garage door, so I don't need a house key. And I don't have any other keys that I need to carry.

@Kamuelaflyer - throw it away. It will feel good to be free of that burden. šŸ˜‚
I used to do that until the there was a power failure and couldn't get in
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I hope this isnā€™t a stupid questions, but now that my 2022 MME delivery is going to be any day now, it got me thinking of what to do with my key rings if I use PAAK solely.

I only really have a House key and my desk key, I am looking into keyless options for the house to go completly keyless.

For those that use PAAK only and have ditched the fob, what do you use to hold your keys? or if you have gone completely keyless, what platform are you using?
What are ā€œkeysā€?
Iā€™m serious. I donā€™t carry keys. I hate them.
Oh, I should explain - any work stuff is on a lanyard and the lanyard is always in my computer bag or around my neck (so I can quickly hang myself of the idiots at work piss me off too much šŸ˜€) If I donā€™t have my computer bag, that means I donā€™t have my computer and that means I just have my work cell phone at most and am pretty useless anyway.

Last edited:

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
In 50 years I have never arrived home to no power. Never.
Apparently wildfires can disrupt electric power. It can be inconvenient to have your electric garage door opener inoperable when you want to drive your car to escape fiery death.

Politicians "solved" this problem by outlawing the sale of any garage door opener without a battery.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I've stopped carrying keys altogether. I have Schlage Sense locks for the house, they're super reliable.

And with Apple Wallet I'm this >< close to not carrying my wallet too. Whenever Virginia decides to get in on digital IDs.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Hope you garage door openers have a battery backup. This is exactly the reason I still use a fob and have my house keys on that key ring.

Plus it saves me the agony of having to post on this forum about all my PAAK issues. I do have PAAK set up, but it is really just a backup in case I loose my keys, or the fob battery fails.
Yeah battery backup is de rigueur these days for just about everything now.

After reading all the FE adopters misery during summer '21, I did the fob for the first 6 months, but switched in June and haven't had any major issues. The issues I've had are mostly quirky infrequent things that usually are resolved by patience while the damn state machines catch up. Things like unlocking and sitting down in the front seat and having Spotify launch the on last tune before getting out, but the car can't find the dang key. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Apparently wildfires can disrupt electric power. It can be inconvenient to have your electric garage door opener inoperable when you want to drive your car to escape fiery death.

Politicians "solved" this problem by outlawing the sale of any garage door opener without a battery.
So thatā€™s so you can drive in during the fire, with the power out. I mean usually you can always get out by pulling that little red cord, right?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
So thatā€™s so you can drive in during the fire, with the power out. I mean usually you can always get out by pulling that little red cord, right?
Where were you when our idiot lawmakers got the itch to "do something"?

;)

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I don't carry keys at all for the Mach E. We have a code for our garage for when we walk the dogs, use the door opener button when in the car(s) and as a backup we have a keypad on the front door. I have a key fob that I leave in my car for the dun club.

My 2000 Trans Am requires a physical key so I have the door and ignition keys plus the club key fob on a carabiner clip. I hook it to my belt loop when out of the car.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I hope this isnā€™t a stupid questions, but now that my 2022 MME delivery is going to be any day now, it got me thinking of what to do with my key rings if I use PAAK solely.

I only really have a House key and my desk key, I am looking into keyless options for the house to go completly keyless.

For those that use PAAK only and have ditched the fob, what do you use to hold your keys? or if you have gone completely keyless, what platform are you using?
I carry no keys for anything.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I use an Apple Airtag keychain/ring for my work keys. Also use an Airtag wallet from the Frenchie company, love this wallet: https://www.thefrenchie.co/products/airtag-ready-speed-wallet
I don't carry a MME fob, but I'm seriously considering a faraday bag and keeping it in the car. Seems like a small RFID blocking tin case would be better and have less potential for failure than a bag, but I haven't found any.

Townsie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I put my fob in a Faraday bag, keep it in the car, and have been using PAAK with only occasional bluetooth hiccups. If PAAK totally fails, I can retrieve the fob from the Faraday bag and take over with the fob. I would enter the locked car using the number panel on the piller. Get a Faraday bag on Amazon.
Sponsored