MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Isn't the 4.1.1 update supposed to offer more details on install failures? From Wikipedia see the second bullet. Anyone that is ON 4.1.1+ have experience with what this is like?

4.1.1December 2022
  • Adds ability to enter your vehicle using your Key Fob during a non-drivable update
  • You'll now receive new pop-up alerts to inform you when a precondition is not being met so that you can take the required action to receive your update. For a non-drivable update, preconditions may include that your vehicle is parked, it's not running, all the lights are off, doors and trunk are closed, and you're not pressing the brake pedal.
Sponsored

Formanrobs56

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Semi-retired ( PT bartender and live sound engineer)
Country flag
@JustSomeQuickGuy

i took delivery in December as well. I am on same version as you and have yet to receive any OTA updates.

I’ve been told by Ford in-vehicle technology folks that updates are rolled out in waves and it is possible that our revisions have not been sent out yet.

Would be curious to know if anyone else with a ’23 on 22280_PRODUCT Revision: 592 has received any updates and when?

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Exact same for me! To the T
I have always set my car to have automatic updates ON and my Ford Pass shows this setting. But yesterday i decided to check the car. And it showed OFF. I switched it to on and it immediately started to update. I got 3.6.1 yesterday and 3.6.2 today. One of the updates must have switched it off.

Formanrobs56

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Semi-retired ( PT bartender and live sound engineer)
Country flag
Thanks and I luv my 2023 MME, but bad customer service and the lack of training for dealerships are making the experience bad. ?I am happy that I'm not having bigger problems, but the software and features of the MME and OTAs shouldn't have all these problems.
Ditto on my ‘23 MME GT

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
Isn't the 4.1.1 update supposed to offer more details on install failures? From Wikipedia see the second bullet. Anyone that is ON 4.1.1+ have experience with what this is like?

4.1.1December 2022
  • Adds ability to enter your vehicle using your Key Fob during a non-drivable update
  • You'll now receive new pop-up alerts to inform you when a precondition is not being met so that you can take the required action to receive your update. For a non-drivable update, preconditions may include that your vehicle is parked, it's not running, all the lights are off, doors and trunk are closed, and you're not pressing the brake pedal.
Now if only I could get that update.

tvguyemt

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE4x Iconic Silver, 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I have always set my car to have automatic updates ON and my Ford Pass shows this setting. But yesterday i decided to check the car. And it showed OFF. I switched it to on and it immediately started to update. I got 3.6.1 yesterday and 3.6.2 today. One of the updates must have switched it off.
I think I found something. I had my updates set for 9pm but my charging is on a plan with my utility company so it starts after 10pm. i believe my battery was never charged enough after reading all of these posts so I changed my update time to 2am and all seems to be revoking now!

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
I think I found something. I had my updates set for 9pm but my charging is on a plan with my utility company so it starts after 10pm. i believe my battery was never charged enough after reading all of these posts so I changed my update time to 2am and all seems to be revoking now!
That's unlikely. Most of the discussion here is about the SOC for the 12V low voltage battery. Not the high voltage battery that you are charging to drive. As far as we've seen there isn't a requirement of having a high SOC on the HVB.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
That's unlikely. Most of the discussion here is about the SOC for the 12V low voltage battery. Not the high voltage battery that you are charging to drive. As far as we've seen there isn't a requirement of having a high SOC on the HVB.
Some updates cannot be applied while the car is charging.

Scc18603

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 22 Mach e rwd, red. 17 CTS, 22 Jeep GC
Occupation
Technology director
Country flag
I got my car in Dec 22. I don’t understand why the car doesn’t ship with the latest software. Just got 3.6.2. Grateful as the GOM was really making me nervous driving. My car was barely showing 150 miles on 90%. I know it’s winter a such but that’s a far cry from 247. Like magic 80% showed 206 after the update.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
I got my car in Dec 22. I don’t understand why the car doesn’t ship with the latest software. Just got 3.6.2. Grateful as the GOM was really making me nervous driving. My car was barely showing 150 miles on 90%. I know it’s winter a such but that’s a far cry from 247. Like magic 80% showed 206 after the update.
I haven't read much about that part of the update. Is the new one supposed to be more or LESS accurate? People like the number more, I'm sure. :)

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
What does everyone recommend for a scanner device + app combo if all I want to do is really monitor my LVB SOC? I want something user friendly, super safe, and reliable. Money is a secondary factor for me to all those.

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
This must be dependent on the individual update. Haven't been driving much and my charge level has been between 40-80%. Slowly received updates at my scheduled time up to 4.1.1 like this. Nothing for a week or so. First time I drove 30 minutes checked there were not updates and no download symbol, came out of the store and 4.1.2 had installed outside the scheduled time.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
What does everyone recommend for a scanner device + app combo if all I want to do is really monitor my LVB SOC? I want something user friendly, super safe, and reliable. Money is a secondary factor for me to all those.
I would get one of those cigarette lighter adapters that shows you the 12V battery level. If you want to graph it and record the data, then you need CarScanner and an OBDII reader.

This is the reader I use:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/VeePeak-...atible-1996-Above-Cars-Light-Trucks/954799575

I highly recommend you do NOT monitor the LVB SoC when the car is off using an OBDII reader. Doing that will keep software modules in the car active, which will rapidly drain your LVB. You can do it a few times just for fun (like I did), but if you do it regularly it will be very hard on the battery.

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
So I would have to agree with you

Screenshot_20230129-030735_FordPass.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: