Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
It's very possible your VIN is not in the group it's rolled out to. I am not even sure if non-Early Access users have 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 yet. But even then not everyone gets it at the same time. It's unlikely to be something you are (or are not) doing. It's just the Ford OTA system doing its "magic." I don't think messing with your 12V battery will have any impact what-so-ever.

If you're interested in getting the latest and greatest update the moment it touches the airwaves, and you can't be patient, then I highly recommend joining the EA program.

As of right now there's no evidence that anything is "wrong" in your case. Just keep waiting :(
I am in EA and I am on 3.6.2. EA doesn't always mean you get things first.
Trying to be patient for the OTA's. I am starting to think about having our garage put the updates on manually which we have done in the past.
Sponsored

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
I am in EA and I am on 3.6.2. EA doesn't always mean you get things first.
Trying to be patient for the OTA's. I am starting to think about having our garage put the updates on manually which we have done in the past.
My meta point was that not everyone gets things at the same time. Yes, even in EA. I have 4.1.3 as of a few days ago, but it's a "January" release, and as far as I know only to EA. I don't know why 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 wouldn't download. Many factors. It's a fragile system and also a black box.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It's very possible your VIN is not in the group it's rolled out to. I am not even sure if non-Early Access users have 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 yet. But even then not everyone gets it at the same time. It's unlikely to be something you are (or are not) doing. It's just the Ford OTA system doing its "magic." I don't think messing with your 12V battery will have any impact what-so-ever.

If you're interested in getting the latest and greatest update the moment it touches the airwaves, and you can't be patient, then I highly recommend joining the EA program.

As of right now there's no evidence that anything is "wrong" in your case. Just keep waiting :(
According to this poll, a crap ton of non-EA members have received 4.1.2.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/poll-have-you-gotten-ota-4-1-2-the-ui-refresh.25230/

I am in EA and I am still on 3.6.1.

But I agree with your point - the update will come when Ford sends it to your car. In the meantime, enjoy a cold beer. Or two. 😆

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
Yes, I'm supposedly EA and still on 3.6.2 as well (which, together with .1 only just happened for me at the end of January). I don't think I've ever received an OTA update early, actually.
Sponsored