Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
My most difficult update was my Lightning's MIL-DTE which took 5 days, 8 attempts.
Finally after charging to 100%, driving it around, parked outside on a hill where cell towers were visible, parking brake on and the download happened with a countdown.

Jumped out the truck and locked it - walked away and done.

Ever since that update, the 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 came within a few days without any notice...

Love the new looking 4.1.2 UI - camera button on top is the best.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Wtf does "at least 80-85%" even mean? That's not a clear specification.

Btw, in the last few days I've received 3.6.2 and 4.1.1, after going over two months without an update. I haven't made any changes to my charging/parking/etc routines, so there's hope for everyone who hasn't received an update since the Oct/Nov timeframe.
I think what she was saying that it WILL enable updates at 85% SOC or above, but it may or may not work between 80-84% SOC and it won't work below 80% SOC.

I know many on this thread report it should be referencing the 12V (LVB) but she was clearly speaking about the HVB when she spoke. (I am not commenting on what is or is not correct...just stating that is what she said).

FYI: According to Car Scanner Pro my SOC of the LVB is 93%. HVB is 84% and actual pack charge is 79%.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Think about the logic of that if it were actually true. The programmers built in a "maybe" statement?

You will get more accurate information here than you will ever get from calling Ford.
I understand and agree...just reporting what the Ford OTA department said.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I understand and agree...just reporting what the Ford OTA department said.
And has any info people have gotten from calling Ford ever been accurate? lol

Johnny572

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance
Country flag
I have been wondering why my car has not had any updates since 3.6.1 installed on November 8. I did a chat with Ford.com and they put me in touch with the OTA department. (Over-The-Air (OTA) - English "1-833-926-3233" 8:00 a.m. –11:00 p.m. EST (Monday - Friday), 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST (Saturday).

I asked them why my car has not been getting any OTA (3.6.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and soon 4.1.3). She confirmed that there have been attempts to update my VIN via OTA, but the conditions were not met.

She went over the conditions needed for the car to get OTA updates. All of them were met-except I only rarely charge above 70% SOC since last fall. The person on the phone confirmed that they know the car MUST be charged to at least 80-85% to get OTA updates.

Hopefully this will resolve the OTA issues in about a week with the car at 80-85% SOC.

update successful header.jpg
I called they didn’t say anything about state of charge but here’s what they told me.
  1. Windows up
  2. Parking brake on
  3. Headlight off not on Auto
  4. Plugged in and 12v battery levels are good.
  5. Pick more days for it to update.
  6. Try to drive the car every day. I think this is the big one for me working from home.
    A high state of charge makes sense to me.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I called they didn’t say anything about state of charge but here’s what they told me.
  1. Windows up
  2. Parking brake on
  3. Headlight off not on Auto
  4. Plugged in and 12v battery levels are good.
  5. Pick more days for it to update.
  6. Try to drive the car every day. I think this is the big one for me working from home.
    A high state of charge makes sense to me.
The first 3.5 items on that list are bogus.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Not true. Received 3.6.2 this morning with SOC 69% overnight. I even got an alert yesterday in FordPass under "Vehicle Status" that there would be an update at the next scheduled update time (for me it's 12:01 AM every single day).
You are less than a week away from 4.1.2 if it follows the same pattern as mine.

Reactions: ORG

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Premium, ER, RWD, 2021, Job 2. I am still stuck at 3.6.1, which I got on November 20. I charge to 90% whenever SOC drops to 70-75%. What can be done to get unstuck? Previously, I seemed to get updates in sync with most people on the boards. Frustrating.😖
It's not just you. And I don't think I've got a 12V issue like others have suggested. I just tested running my car in my driveway continuous for an hour today. I then did "update now" and it still failed to install 3.6.2. I'm also on 3.6.1 (which also failed almost 40 times before finally installing for reasons unknown).

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
I called the OTA team back in November, got a list of things to try (80%, locked, all days have scheduled time, drive for 30 minutes, parking brake on, etc.) I have done them all diligently. Still no updates, other than a couple of Blue Cruise map updates.

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think I heard from my cousin's, step-sister's, boyfriend's, neighbor that you have to balance crossed chicken bones on the hood of your car and think intense thoughts, or something like that, in order to reliably get OTAs as they come out.............but I might be mistaken on that. 🤣

Really, though, sometimes it seems like voodoo witchcraft for these updates to show up on their own.

JustSomeQuickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I think I heard from my cousin's, step-sister's, boyfriend's, neighbor that you have to balance crossed chicken bones on the hood of your car and think intense thoughts, or something like that, in order to reliably get OTAs as they come out.............but I might be mistaken on that. 🤣

Really, though, sometimes it seems like voodoo witchcraft for these updates to show up on their own.
Right, it shouldn't be this broken of a process. 😭 Anyone who wants to update, should be able to update, when an update is pushed to production. The software is such a big part of the experience, they can't keep people locked on old versions.

I picked up my 2023 on Dec 1st 2022, I'm lucky I got the updated UI like others, but I don't have the camera button and I'm at version 22280_PRODUCT Revision: 592. Nothing I do seems to trigger the update.
Sponsored