Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
There is an api endpoint on the ford owner website (Right click, Inspect, Network. It helps to filter by "api/v2")
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 4.05.33 PM.png
The battery tab above that does show the voltage of your LVB, but not a %.
Would either of you fine gentlepeople know why I can't seem to find my battery fill level nor LVB battery voltage via this process? I don't have any line that begins "status?countryCode=us", I only have the "status?country=" lines which include the OTA information.

Thank you.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Like the user above, I'd also just like to find a reliable way to get LVB charge data, even if I have to buy something/use bluetooth. I've never messed with my car in this way before. But after waiting 2+ months of DAILY failures for 3.6.1, I'm now getting daily failures for 3.6.2 even though it downloaded. I'm sort of at my tipping point in patience with OTA updates and would like to know a 'hack' to get my LVB to the right SOC to get updates to more reliably succeed.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Like the user above, I'd also just like to find a reliable way to get LVB charge data, even if I have to buy something/use bluetooth. I've never messed with my car in this way before. But after waiting 2+ months of DAILY failures for 3.6.1, I'm now getting daily failures for 3.6.2 even though it downloaded. I'm sort of at my tipping point in patience with OTA updates and would like to know a 'hack' to get my LVB to the right SOC to get updates to more reliably succeed.
Leave the car ON (solid green power light) for two hours (disable vehicle powerdown timer setting) then run the update. I can almost guarantee that will work as long as the car stays on for the whole two hours and you immediately apply it.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just got 3.6.1 scheduled for install. Last update was in November. Didn't change anything or do anything out of the ordinary.
Same. I got 3.6.1 last night. No changes to anything other than a pending update icon on the screen during my drive home. Headlights on auto, wipers on auto. It was just my VIN’s time to get an update. 🤷‍♂️🐩

I suspect like everyone else I should get updates in the next week or so that will lead me to get Sync 640, unless I FDRS my car before then. 😊🐩

Last edited:

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Same. I got 3.6.1 last night. No changes to anything other than a pending update icon on the screen during my drive home. Headlights on auto, wipers on auto. It was just my VIN’s time to get an update. 🤷‍♂️🐩

I suspect like everyone else I should get updates in the next week or so that will lead me to get Sync 640, unless I FDRS my car before then. 😊🐩
same here, 3.6.1 was downloaded last night. When was your car built ?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
same here, 3.6.1 was downloaded last night. When was your car built ?
Production week was delayed twice to Oct. 10, 2021. Suspect completion was Friday the 14th. 🤔🐩

Calgary MACH E

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD LR
Country flag
3.6.1 last night.
July built '22

Bizarre.
I set my charge limit to 85% from 80% the night before... so now I can't help but wonder.

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White Metallic)
Country flag
I have been wondering why my car has not had any updates since 3.6.1 installed on November 8. I did a chat with Ford.com and they put me in touch with the OTA department. (Over-The-Air (OTA) - English "1-833-926-3233" 8:00 a.m. –11:00 p.m. EST (Monday - Friday), 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST (Saturday).
Thank you for posting this phone number! I called on Tuesday and spoke with someone there who looked up my VIN and noted that my car hasn't been receiving any updates recently. He commented that 3.6.1 is an "inhibit update" and asked if my car had an Update Schedule set on my car (this is apparently a requirement since the system won't even offer such updates if the schedule isn't set). I replied, "No, I have not needed this for any previous updates, so I did not set one." He suggested that I set one then wait up to a week to see if any updates appear.

Long story made short: I set the update schedule for the full week at 11:59pm on Tuesday. By yesterday afternoon, the 3.6.1 update prompt appeared and my car updated in under the estimated 1-hour time period.

Lesson learned and onward with the updates. :)

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Thank you for posting this phone number! I called on Tuesday and spoke with someone there who looked up my VIN and noted that my car hasn't been receiving any updates recently. He commented that 3.6.1 is an "inhibit update" and asked if my car had an Update Schedule set on my car (this is apparently a requirement since the system won't even offer such updates if the schedule isn't set). I replied, "No, I have not needed this for any previous updates, so I did not set one." He suggested that I set one then wait up to a week to see if any updates appear.

Long story made short: I set the update schedule for the full week at 11:59pm on Tuesday. By yesterday afternoon, the 3.6.1 update prompt appeared and my car updated in under the estimated 1-hour time period.

Lesson learned and onward with the updates. :)
Glad you finally got to 3.6.1. Hope it continues.

I have had a schedule set for 7 days per week since I got the car. I have been on 3.6.1 since early November...but nothing since.

I was thinking about this-and not clear what is going on at Ford with the software roll out. Imagine the fallout with Apple if:

Imaging my wife and our kids all had purchased 4 identical iPhones on the same day less than a year ago, but Apple rolled out the new software and only 2 of the 4 phones could get the update. I could understand this more if it was a wave for the Premium, Select, Cal RT1, and GT models or the 21, 22, and 23 models or any combination of the above...but it seems so random.

I know on a phone if you sign up to be an early tester, you could get access early, but it is NOW released in the "wild" but only some users can and cannot get updates. My car thinks connects to Ford and the car gets a response saying that 3.6.1 is the latest software (and we know it is not).

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When I got in my car this morning I noticed that my car had the driver’s seat heat set to high, where I normally have it on auto. Other than that, all of my other settings seem to be the same as prior to 3.6.1 (was at OTA 3.5.4.2). 🤷‍♂️🐩

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
When I got in my car this morning I noticed that my car had the driver’s seat heat set to high, where I normally have it on auto. Other than that, all of my other settings seem to be the same as prior to 3.6.1 (was at OTA 3.5.4.2). 🤷‍♂️🐩
3.6.1 turned off my heated seat, heat steering wheel, and HVAC entirely. Also it caused some glitches in my saved charging locations. AKA, the usual...

optoutpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Would either of you fine gentlepeople know why I can't seem to find my battery fill level nor LVB battery voltage via this process? I don't have any line that begins "status?countryCode=us", I only have the "status?country=" lines which include the OTA information.

Thank you.
Try to logout and then log back in again. And before you login to the Ford owner website, refresh your Fordpass app to get the latest info from the car. I have had success with a fresh login/session and can check this endpoint. Once you refresh, the endpoint isn't called again until you start a new session (logout and login). And if nothing else works, use Incognito! Hope this helps.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
No joke, I just went out to the car, turned off the lights, set the parking break.... came up with the update!!!! it's going to 3.6.1 now.
Trying this as well. I just got off the phone with the OTA call support. Nothing they could do other than suggest go to the dealer and push via FDRS. Though they didn't even see that the car says canceled. I do however always have the lights in auto so who knows. I'm creating way more frustration for myself with this.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I did read the manual. The car IS supposed to tell us what the status is of any available updates-including a failure. If Ford had actually tried to update my car (they claim they did try to update the car, but it failed). I would have expected the icon of the second to last item on this image to appear on my screen. It has not.

I can check for the latest software and I have it connected to my home wifi when it is parked with a solid connection (I can watch youtube for example).

Ford...I hope that someone is listening. This should not be as random as it appears to be...or Ford, please be transparent with why some cars get the updates routinely and which do not.

Ford Mustang Mach-E If you want your Mach-E to get OTA updates - the SOC of the 12V (LVB) must be at least 80-85% Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 5.28.58 PM
Sponsored