Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I have been wondering why my car has not had any updates since 3.6.1 installed on November 8. I did a chat with Ford.com and they put me in touch with the OTA department. (Over-The-Air (OTA) - English "1-833-926-3233" 8:00 a.m. –11:00 p.m. EST (Monday - Friday), 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST (Saturday).

I asked them why my car has not been getting any OTA (3.6.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and soon 4.1.3). She confirmed that there have been attempts to update my VIN via OTA, but the conditions were not met.

She went over the conditions needed for the car to get OTA updates. All of them were met-except I only rarely charge above 70% SOC since last fall. The person on the phone confirmed that they know the car MUST be charged to at least 80-85% to get OTA updates.

Hopefully this will resolve the OTA issues in about a week with the car at 80-85% SOC.

update successful header.jpg
Sponsored

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Could you share what some of the other conditions were in addition to the SOC?
Good info, thanks!

Reactions: McS

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I have been wondering why my car has not had any updates since 3.6.1 installed on November 8. I did a chat with Ford.com and they put me in touch with the OTA department. (Over-The-Air (OTA) - English "1-833-926-3233" 8:00 a.m. –11:00 p.m. EST (Monday - Friday), 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST (Saturday).

I asked them why my car has not been getting any OTA (3.6.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and soon 4.1.3). She confirmed that there have been attempts to update my VIN via OTA, but the conditions were not met.

She went over the conditions needed for the car to get OTA updates. All of them were met-except I only rarely charge above 70% SOC since last fall. The person on the phone confirmed that they know the car MUST be charged to at least 80-85% to get OTA updates.

Hopefully this will resolve the OTA issues in about a week with the car at 80-85% SOC.

Ford Mustang Mach-E If you want your Mach-E to get OTA updates - the SOC of the 12V (LVB) must be at least 80-85% update successful header
This is only for updates that require the car to be non-drivable. Also called inhibit updates. 3.6.2 is an inhibit update, so this was probably your issue.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those Ford reps are wrong. It’s the 12v battery that matters, and that has to be above 80%.
Perhaps you are correct...but my charge log data does seem to indicate that my updates did occur when the car was charged to 80-85% or shortly after and NOT when it is at 70% SOC max.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Perhaps you are correct...but my charge log data does seem to indicate that my updates did occur when the car was charged to 80-85% or shortly after and NOT when it is at 70% SOC max.
It's likely that your 12v battery charged up past 80% while you were charging the car.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Perhaps...or I have a bad 12V. I would expect it to be at 80% SOC minimum since I drive it nearly every day and the car is less than a year old.

I am experimenting with the car over 80% SOC for a bit and will update everyone. If that fails, I may try an standard 12V PB battery charger and try that directly to the PB battery overnight.

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Bad info, the 12V battery needs to be 80-85%, not the high voltage battery. The lady doesn’t know she has the battery types confused.

If you want 3.6.2 to install:
  • Drive for 1-2 hours and immediately apply the update
  • Leave the car on for 1-2 hours and immediately apply the update
  • Set the update to occur after 2 hours of active charging (charge for 2 hours immediately prior)

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Perhaps...or I have a bad 12V. I would expect it to be at 80% SOC minimum since I drive it nearly every day and the car is less than a year old.

I am experimenting with the car over 80% SOC for a bit and will update everyone. If that fails, I may try an standard 12V PB battery charger and try that.
They'll also tell you that the doors need to be locked and the parking brake needs to be engaged, neither of which is true. They seem to have been given a script with a list of things to tell people just to get them off the phone.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
another explanation might be, my car is typically still charging when the OTA event is scheduled to occur. Perhaps this also prevents the OTA from occurring?

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
So let me get this straight. The 12V battery charge (controlled by software) determines if you get the updates. But that same battery charge control software allows the battery to constantly go below 80%, despite have a nearly unlimited HV battery available to charge it? Am I missing something?

ORG

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium, 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Country flag
Not true. Received 3.6.2 this morning with SOC 69% overnight. I even got an alert yesterday in FordPass under "Vehicle Status" that there would be an update at the next scheduled update time (for me it's 12:01 AM every single day).

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I'm not in the Early Access Program (fair enough; I took delivery on 7/6/22) and have updated only up to 3.6.1, which I received on November 7. I just called and spoke to the very helpful Omar. He verified that my 2022 MME GT has not had any failed updates, and is properly configured. I just have to wait. *LOUD SIGH*

Then again, after the 9 months it took for me to get my car, I should be good at waiting by now. {Jonathan}

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i'll also say it is definitely not true for me. i cannot charge at home, and i also cannot make it home consistently with >80% SOC, so i know for sure i get OTA <80%
Sponsored