Tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E premium SR, Cyber-Orange
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I picked up my 2023 on Dec 1st 2022, I'm lucky I got the updated UI like others, but I don't have the camera button and I'm at version 22280_PRODUCT Revision: 592. Nothing I do seems to trigger the update.
I am on the same boat, picked up MME right before Xmas and still with 592. I think we might just be at the back of the queue because our version is one of the latest before this update. BTW, I need to pull fuse-21 in order to make BlueCruise to work on 2023. Might be there is another fuse we need to pull to trigger this? :)
Sponsored

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Premium, ER, RWD, 2021, Job 2. I am still stuck at 3.6.1, which I got on November 20. I charge to 90% whenever SOC drops to 70-75%. What can be done to get unstuck? Previously, I seemed to get updates in sync with most people on the boards. Frustrating.šŸ˜–
You arent alone, i see several owners post the same. Im job 1 Premium AWD get the updates usually a 1-2 weeks after i see them on here till Nov 1st when i got 3.5.4 and none since.

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Jeep Gladiator "Willys"
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Our Mach E has not been to 80% for nearly a year and Iā€™m completely up to date with all OTA updates as far as I can tell. If itā€™s plugged into L2 I donā€™t believe the SOC limits apply. At least they havenā€™t applied once for us.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Our Mach E has not been to 80% for nearly a year and Iā€™m completely up to date with all OTA updates as far as I can tell. If itā€™s plugged into L2 I donā€™t believe the SOC limits apply. At least they havenā€™t applied once for us.
Aren't they talking about 80% for the 12V, and not the HVB?

tvguyemt

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE4x Iconic Silver, 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
You arent alone, i see several owners post the same. Im job 1 Premium AWD get the updates usually a 1-2 weeks after i see them on here till Nov 1st when i got 3.5.4 and none since.
Exact same for me! To the T

Bennyā€™66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
I guess I never realized how bad my range anxiety was until reading this thread. Seeing how many people donā€™t charge to even 80% makes me shudder. I plug in every day or night and charge to 90% at home or 95% at work. Just commuting to/from work and a little running around after and Iā€™m down to 45-50%. I couldnā€™t imagine leaving my car that low without plugging back in. Installing 2 EVSEs at my work has really helped so I donā€™t sweat walking out in the morning to an unplugged GTPE and wondering if Iā€™d have enough juice to make another round trip. Wow, canā€™t imagine Iā€™m alone on this. Just thought Iā€™d share.

To put a little more perspective on this, there is no L3 and very little L2 charging in my area. So this lack of infrastructure definitely adds to it. Because my ā€˜66 is capable of 5 mpg with a 12 gallon tank and Iā€™ve never worried driving those extremely enjoyable 60 miles, it must be more the lack of refilling options.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I charge to 100% every night with my L2 charger. Why wouldn't I?
That's a whole can of worms you may not want to open. In a nutshell, the owner's manual recommends keeping daily charging to 90% for battery longevity. But people put way too much thought into it. Just keep doing what you're doing and enjoy the car.

JustSomeQuickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
That's a whole can of worms you may not want to open. In a nutshell, the owner's manual recommends keeping daily charging to 90% for battery longevity. But people put way too much thought into it. Just keep doing what you're doing and enjoy the car.
Well, if Ford doesn't want me to charge to 100% then they can push a software update that prevents that from happening. If they think people are going to read the owner's manual, setup max charge rates, etc, they're kidding themselves.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Well, if Ford doesn't want me to charge to 100% then they can push a software update that prevents that from happening. If they think people are going to read the owner's manual, setup max charge rates, etc, they're kidding themselves.
Storing the battery at extreme state of charge (100 or 0%) decreases the life of the battery. The amount is a long discussionā€¦.

p_haze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV, 2021 Ford MME FE
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I am in a similar situation as the OP (21, FE, EA). I was traveling for a month and left the car plugged in with charging set to 60%. And normally also I don't charge beyond 80%. I called the number provided by the OP and they said OTA was attempted on Dec 22, 22 (3.6.2) but failed due to conditions not met. The conditions are battery charged to over 80% (ideally 90%), 12V battery charged i.e., vehicle should have been driven for at least 30 min before the update, and parking brake has to be on.
So my plan is to charge to 100% at work, drive home (~ 40 min), and set the auto update to around when i expect to reach home, park and activate the parking brake.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Correct, if Ford thought 100% was harmful, they would never allow it.
Your battery already has buffer even at 100% so you never really get true 100%.

I charge my Lightning to 100% every week (once a week charging at home) and since it has a 8yr warranty, I don't plan on keeping it that long....

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
When I see here that an update is out, and my car doesn't have it, I hit remote start. More than once that's resulted in getting the update, driving was unnecessary.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
And this is exactly why Ford won't shrink the buffers any more, people would abuse them.
Sponsored