superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Wow, I guess I must have hit 80% SOC on my 12V all week. I received 4 updates all the way up to 4.1.2 in the last few days.
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Unfortunately, not everyone gets that JSON data for some reason. Or maybe it can be called still, but doesn't show in the default way of seeing it with the developer options.

I've seen several people that just don't get that data at all to view. The Status?CountryCode line just doesn't exist for them at all.
Yeah….. ☹

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
And this is exactly why Ford won't shrink the buffers any more, people would abuse them.
Perhaps they will consider shrinking the buffer after pushing an update which sets the max charge to 90% by default.

It's quite a sad commentary that people spend $60 - $80,000, or more, on a purchase and are too lazy / busy / not smart enough / fill in your answer here that they don't read the manual.
[SNIP]
One of the big factors that will slow EV adoption is the consumer's lack of interest in learning.
I respect your knowledge and don't really want to start a big argument, but I could not disagree more. The folks who will read the manual cover to cover are the exception, always have been, and always will be. EVs will get more and more intuitive and require less special knowledge as they go mainstream, just like ICE cars today.

Regarding: "...but the software and features of the MME and OTAs shouldn't have all these problems." Ford...are you listening? I could not agree more. We love our Mach E...these software rollout issues are to say sub optimal. I hope that these types of roll outs can/should be much smoother.
Smoother... And faster! And savvy users like members of this forum should have the ability to pull down their own update whenever they are ready. In other words, the "software updates" button should actually DO something useful.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I'm newer on these forums, and it sounds like this subject has been beat to death over the years, just seems to me as a software solutions architect, if the hardware actually was damaged long term, it shouldn't let me charge to 100% -- and the software should prevent that from happening. Or at least, give you an option to allow it to go to 100% but with a bunch of warnings saying it may hurt the battery long term.

The fact it doesn't warn you sand lets you hit 100% by default is either..

1) a glaring engineering blunder on Ford's part that they haven't fixed since the production of the Mach-E a few years ago..
2) ..or not actually something Ford is too worried about
By your logic you should be able to rev an ICE car to its rev limit often, hell, bounce it off the rev limiter all day, because it was engineered to protect the engine from damage anyways, right? If they didn't want me driving on the highway at a constant 6800 rpm then they shouldn't have made the car capable of it.

I'm on team "keep the battery as close to 60% as possible always" because that's what the longevity of these batteries call for. Just because you CAN drain the battery to 2% then fast charge it to 100% at least twice per week, every week, for the next 5 years... doesn't mean you should.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
It's quite a sad commentary that people spend $60 - $80,000, or more, on a purchase and are too lazy / busy / not smart enough / fill in your answer here that they don't read the manual. But - buy that fancy coffee maker (fill in toy here) and they read the manual. It's pretty amazing what people post on various forums / social media like "I've owned the ____ for a year and didn't know it did that".

One of the big factors that will slow EV adoption is the consumer's lack of interest in learning.

Note - I am not saying that anyone here is lazy / not smart enough. Just an overall observation from participation in forums for the last 40+ years (back when they were call BBs).
Wow, just... Wow.

Because the amount of money spent should be a deciding factor in reading a car's manual, cover to cover? You seriously think car owners should be reading the manual that comes with their car? And that the price of the car should play some sort of role in this? And that people who don't read the manual but have questions are lazy or not smart?

This is like saying "no offense, but..." and then continuing with something offensive lol.

So anyways, I'll continue to keep "Read a car's manual" on my "Things to Never Do at Any Point in my Entire Life" list.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Wow, just... Wow.

Because the amount of money spent should be a deciding factor in reading a car's manual, cover to cover? You seriously think car owners should be reading the manual that comes with their car? And that the price of the car should play some sort of role in this? And that people who don't read the manual but have questions are lazy or not smart?

This is like saying "no offense, but..." and then continuing with something offensive lol.

So anyways, I'll continue to keep "Read a car's manual" on my "Things to Never Do at Any Point in my Entire Life" list.
I am in the "read it if I need to" camp. I often will attempt to assemble things I have purchased without reading the instructions, and then I run into an issue and have to look at the instructions. :oops:

That said, I understand where Rick is coming from. It can be a little frustrating when people come to the forum to ask a question that is clearly answered in the manual. It can be interpreted as laziness because it is easier to ask someone else than to do the work to figure it out for yourself.

Personally I don't mind that as much as others do, so I am just explaining why you will get that reaction from some forum members. In a way it shows a lack of respect for the people who spend a lot of time here truly trying to help others.

JustSomeQuickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I am in the "read it if I need to" camp. I often will attempt to assemble things I have purchased without reading the instructions, and then I run into an issue and have to look at the instructions. :oops:

That said, I understand where Rick is coming from. It can be a little frustrating when people come to the forum to ask a question that is clearly answered in the manual. It can be interpreted as laziness because it is easier to ask someone else than to do the work to figure it out for yourself.

Personally I don't mind that as much as others do, so I am just explaining why you will get that reaction from some forum members. In a way it shows a lack of respect for the people who spend a lot of time here truly trying to help others.
People are stupid, dumb, lazy, don't show respect because they ask a question that is mentioned once on a single line in a 400+ page PDF?

This is what people here think of their fellow enthusiasts? Quite the community.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
People are stupid, dumb, lazy, don't show respect because they ask a question that is mentioned once on a single line in a 400+ page PDF?

This is what people here think of their fellow enthusiasts? Quite the community.
Your point is well taken. Some things in the manual can be obscure and hard to find. But most aren't. It's one thing to search in the manual, not be able to find an answer then ask the question. It's another to not bother to search in the manual, ask the question expecting someone else to do the search for you. I believe that's what people object to.

chuckles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 RWD Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Mods: can you change the title of this post, or edit the top post to clarify that it’s referencing the 12 LVB, and not the car’s HVB SOC?

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Mods: can you change the title of this post, or edit the top post to clarify that it’s referencing the 12 LVB, and not the car’s HVB SOC?
Thank you. Great suggestion. Done.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
1st production units always have the most problems, and those cars had more than their fair share. Mine has been pretty good - Job 2 2021. All I am saying is those buyers had it a lot worse, and many are still happy owners! Hang in there.
I love my First Edition, and I consider myself lucky to have snagged one in early 21 at X-plan pricing before the the price increases and ADM.

Yeah, there are definitely still software issues. PAAK and door opening is a bit flakey. OTA has given me fits despite being in EAP. No frunk release in FordPass, but the door sill code pretty much makes up for that. Aside from the frunk deal, I don’t know that it’s ever been determined that my FE has more issues than later builds?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love my First Edition, and I consider myself lucky to have snagged one in early 21 at X-plan pricing before the the price increases and ADM.

Yeah, there are definitely still software issues. PAAK and door opening is a bit flakey. OTA has given me fits despite being in EAP. No frunk release in FordPass, but the door sill code pretty much makes up for that. Aside from the frunk deal, I don’t know that it’s ever been determined that my FE has more issues than later builds?
I am referring to some of the early production problems like the windshield recall and hatch misalignment that have not been a problem with later built cars. Of course the OTA process took forever to start so early builds had to wait a lot longer to get software improvements unless you had FDRS or a good dealer to do the updates. Those kind of things are much better for current model year owners.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

This seems to bother you a lot more than it bothers me. Maybe that is because I don't like asking people for help and I like solving problems on my own. Regardless, searching a 400 page PDF is pretty darn easy. It takes less time to do that than to type out a question in a forum.

But whatever. Ask what you want and block people when you don't like the answers. I really don't care. All I was trying to do was help you understand another perspective.

GrantK

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select AWD
Country flag
Ok, I'm, well aware this is probably coincidence so no need to point it out 😂.

I'm another one of those that got 3.5.x back at the start of November 22 and nothing since.

I always charge to 80% and check regularly for updates. After reading this thread I changed charge level to 90% 2 days ago and 3.6.1 is installing as I type this...

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT, 2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I hope everyone that is interested in getting timely updates has taken the time to call Ford, and after politely listening to the advice offered, explaining (again politely) that this is not at all what is expected for OTA, that they should make an effort to communicate to all the fans that have questions about OTA proactively, and that as a customer you are not happy. "Unhappy customer re: OTA" should be a leading Ford customer service stat from the phone logs.

Hey Ford? Anyone around?
Sponsored