RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Ok, I'm, well aware this is probably coincidence so no need to point it out 😂.

I'm another one of those that got 3.5.x back at the start of November 22 and nothing since.

I always charge to 80% and check regularly for updates. After reading this thread I changed charge level to 90% 2 days ago and 3.6.1 is installing as I type this...
What I've gathered from this thread is that the 12V battery doesn't get to the required 80-85% SOC unless you do very specific things that will charge it, such as driving a certain amount, or charging the HV battery to a certain amount.

I don't think it's disingenuous to say charging the HV battery to 90%+ would do the trick since the 12V is being very finicky with its SOC being at the required level.

Agreed that it's important to get the right conditions out there for people to understand, but also to suggest the things that will get the 12V to the right SOC, which someone else gave some good tips about. The simplest of those seemed to be: charge up the HV to 90%+
Sponsored

Thesmoothdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Metallic Premium eRWD
Country flag
I had not seen an update since November. I probably charge the car once every other week and rarely leave the charger connected overnight. Saturday night, I plugged in and received 3.6.2. On Monday, before I read all 8 pages of this thread, I plugged the car in and by the end of the day, 4.1 arrived. I plugged the car in last night as well and received 4.1.2. Coincidence? Maybe, but I didn't definitely didn't hurt.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
It's my experience from FDRS update programming that when I first start either my car or the truck it takes about 15 minutes before the state of charge indicator on the powersupply says the vehicle is over 80% and ready for me to get to work.

I read over on a the Powerboost forum (someplace) that when those folks were having issues with their 12V batteries not charging up all the way that several went in to FORSCAN and changed the amount that the 12V is charged up to 85 or 90% so that it would hold more of a charge overnight. Many on that forum were also having issues with the 12V battery SOC keeping them from having OTAs applied while they were sleeping. I thought about doing the same thing (I think it's a BCM setting) but decided to continue doing my updates with FDRS and forget about FORSCAN tweaking (and OTAs).

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My car gets plugged into L2 multiple times a week and driven daily. Still no OTAs. It’s a combination of scheduling on Ford’s end and LVB SoC, mostly Ford’s queueing. 🤷‍♂️🐩

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Needless frustration. I have Y Performance stinking up the garage and the updates come through with ZERO participation or action on my part; that said, 3.6.2 came for me on 1/20 and I guess, I met the requirements 🤷‍♂️

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think I heard from my cousin's, step-sister's, boyfriend's, neighbor that you have to balance crossed chicken bones on the hood of your car and think intense thoughts, or something like that, in order to reliably get OTAs as they come out.............but I might be mistaken on that. 🤣

Really, though, sometimes it seems like voodoo witchcraft for these updates to show up on their own.

My last OTA update was Nov 1, so its been pretty sparse around here for the goods. This morning I made an appointment with my dealer two weeks from now to handle:
#22B10 ADDITIONAL REMOTE CONTROL AND KEY BLANK
#22B28 REPROGRAM HVAC CONTROL MODULE
I had received an email yesterday from ford.com reminding me about the above.

In an unrelated sequence, on my way home today I spotted the OTA notification icon on the top line of the center screen, nearly two months gone since the last.

That must be it! You have to commit to a dealer visit for the OTA gods to bless you with a download, right?:cool:

p.s. Ironically, today's OTA was 3.6.1 for the HVAC performance fix, #22B28, so my dealer is off the hook for that task now.

Last edited:

texas.2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Country flag
I called they didn’t say anything about state of charge but here’s what they told me.
  1. Windows up
  2. Parking brake on
  3. Headlight off not on Auto
  4. Plugged in and 12v battery levels are good.
  5. Pick more days for it to update.
  6. Try to drive the car every day. I think this is the big one for me working from home.
    A high state of charge makes sense to me.
I've been eagerly awaiting this new holy trinity of updates and have continually failed. After reading this post last night, I completed my normal 30 mile commute to work this morning with the only variables being that I followed steps 2 and 3 on your list... and lo and behold the 3.6.1 update was already downloaded by the time I went out to my car for lunch and I was able to install it during my lunch outing. While I have to acknowledge that perhaps it was just a coincidence, I think those extra steps are likely what did the trick. Thanks for sharing!

OnceYouGo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD, Job 1
Country flag
I've been eagerly awaiting this new holy trinity of updates and have continually failed. After reading this post last night, I completed my normal 30 mile commute to work this morning with the only variables being that I followed steps 2 and 3 on your list... and lo and behold the 3.6.1 update was already downloaded by the time I went out to my car for lunch and I was able to install it during my lunch outing. While I have to acknowledge that perhaps it was just a coincidence, I think those extra steps are likely what did the trick. Thanks for sharing!
Turning off auto lights and plugging in the car to charge did the trick. After a week of failed after failed update (no matter the amount of driving I desperately did), it worked.

1. Windows up
2. Parking brake
3. Headlights out of Auto, moved to off
4. Parking brake on
5. I have no 12v control...
6. I did drive around for a week, normally I wouldn't prioritize it over the other EV.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I just got 3.6.1 scheduled for install. Last update was in November. Didn't change anything or do anything out of the ordinary.

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
I don't think this is a case of the car having downloaded the latest update and refusing to install because of charge level. Instead this is a case of updates that have been available for weeks or months showing as not even available and that the car is "up to date". How are we into 2023 and Ford still hasn't gotten it's shit together with software updates yet?

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
I just got 3.6.1 scheduled for install. Last update was in November. Didn't change anything or do anything out of the ordinary.
Same glad it came a month too late. Really could have used it a month ago.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Turning off auto lights and plugging in the car to charge did the trick. After a week of failed after failed update (no matter the amount of driving I desperately did), it worked.

1. Windows up
2. Parking brake
3. Headlights out of Auto, moved to off
4. Parking brake on
5. I have no 12v control...
6. I did drive around for a week, normally I wouldn't prioritize it over the other EV.
I think some of these items are coincidence. None of those prevent the update from being available and ready to apply to your car, but some of them can cause the update to fail.

I got 3.6.1 today. It was scheduled for 1 AM tomorrow but of course I didn't want to wait. I hit "apply update now" but then it failed. I got the following notice in FP which clearly explains what is required for the update to be successful. I think these requirements are consistent from update to update, although I think some updates require fewer of these conditions to be true.

Ford Mustang Mach-E If you want your Mach-E to get OTA updates - the SOC of the 12V (LVB) must be at least 80-85% Screenshot_20230125-170212_FordPass

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Needless frustration. I have Y Performance stinking up the garage and the updates come through with ZERO participation or action on my part; that said, 3.6.2 came for me on 1/20 and I guess, I met the requirements 🤷‍♂️
we're all just speculating. It's probably like 95% of people that reach whatever the requirements are regularly, it's just a staggered roll out. Which is annoying. Finally got on 4.1.2 and I'm just over here waiting for coolwalk still

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It's my experience from FDRS update programming that when I first start either my car or the truck it takes about 15 minutes before the state of charge indicator on the powersupply says the vehicle is over 80% and ready for me to get to work.

I read over on a the Powerboost forum (someplace) that when those folks were having issues with their 12V batteries not charging up all the way that several went in to FORSCAN and changed the amount that the 12V is charged up to 85 or 90% so that it would hold more of a charge overnight. Many on that forum were also having issues with the 12V battery SOC keeping them from having OTAs applied while they were sleeping. I thought about doing the same thing (I think it's a BCM setting) but decided to continue doing my updates with FDRS and forget about FORSCAN tweaking (and OTAs).
Mach-E is set to 90% already. If I charge all day it's at 99% when I get in. The hybrids are kept lower at 80% so they can do energy recovery to the 12V battery while slowing down.

Noctivigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current GTPE Grabber Blue,Previous FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
No joke, I just went out to the car, turned off the lights, set the parking break.... came up with the update!!!! it's going to 3.6.1 now.
Sponsored