Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
So I would have to agree with you

Screenshot_20230129-030735_FordPass.jpg

And looks like Ford reps are wrong
I'm just piecing it together from this entire community's data and my own experience. Remind me what update this was? 3.6.1 or 3.6.2? Those two seem to have been a MASSIVE hassle for folks.

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
I'm just piecing it together from this entire community's data and my own experience. Remind me what update this was? 3.6.1 or 3.6.2? Those two seem to have been a MASSIVE hassle for folks.

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I was stuck on 3.54 since December 9. I read this thread and I was almost tempted to go hook up my car to the charger. It was really cold though and I got lazy. 😅

On January 25, I was going for a quick 2 mile trip and I magically got a prompt to update to 3.61 when I parked (my charge was 48-49%ish). On January 27, the app let me know that 3.62 was available for my car.

I have come to the conclusion that the Mach E does a slow roll out (similar to how Google does updates). I am not sure it makes a difference or not but I have my Mach E configured to connect to my home wifi. We can try whatever heebie jeebie we want, but the Mach E will updates when it wants to.

Mockey313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E.
Country flag
So let me get this straight. The 12V battery charge (controlled by software) determines if you get the updates. But that same battery charge control software allows the battery to constantly go below 80%, despite have a nearly unlimited HV battery available to charge it? Am I missing something?
In the event that one of the updates affects one of the modules that controls charging, those modules will go offline and may stop the 12v from drawing power from the HVB. The 12v has to be strong enough to make it through without the HVB then. That's a guess.

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
After 4 days of failing OTA updates, I tried turning off the lights and setting the parking brake. Update happened with no problems. WTF does either of those have to do with an OTA update? And I noticed that my lights were turned back to automatic after the update.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
After 4 days of failing OTA updates, I tried turning off the lights and setting the parking brake. Update happened with no problems. WTF does either of those have to do with an OTA update? And I noticed that my lights were turned back to automatic after the update.
it may have had nothing to do with the update. perhaps just coincidence.

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Does any of this apply if we don't have any updates queued? I've been stuck on 3.6.1 since November despite being in EA. I've left my car on with the charger plugged in for a few hours now trying to get 3.6.2 to show up.

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag
Nope, I tried to do an OTA update an hour before. Went in, did some research and found the list with those 2 items. Changed them, told it to update and it did. Not a coincidence, many people have had the same experience.

And the update is 3.6.2.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I got my car in Dec 22. I don’t understand why the car doesn’t ship with the latest software. Just got 3.6.2. Grateful as the GOM was really making me nervous driving. My car was barely showing 150 miles on 90%. I know it’s winter a such but that’s a far cry from 247. Like magic 80% showed 206 after the update.
The most current software is placed on the modules as of the date of the module's bring-up date,. which is right around the final date of manufacture of the car. Ford has never guaranteed that module revisions would be updated on the ship date of the car. It would be nice, but unfortunately not how it is. 🤷‍♂️🐩

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Does any of this apply if we don't have any updates queued? I've been stuck on 3.6.1 since November despite being in EA. I've left my car on with the charger plugged in for a few hours now trying to get 3.6.2 to show up.
Probably not. As far as we know, preconditions are for install, not for download. I would make sure you have scheduled updates scheduled for every day. Some updates won't even download if you don't have updates scheduled.

The most current software is placed on the modules as of the date of the module's bring-up date,. which is right around the final date of manufacture of the car. Ford has never guaranteed that module revisions would be updated on the ship date of the car. It would be nice, but unfortunately not how it is. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I think it would be more ideal for the dealer to do it when they accept delivery. The way they would if we take it in. Obviously they don't have an agreement to do it, but while we're talking about what would be an improvement to the customer experience...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I think it would be more ideal for the dealer to do it when they accept delivery. The way they would if we take it in. Obviously they don't have an agreement to do it, but while we're talking about what would be an improvement to the customer experience...
While this would be ideal, dealers aren't going to do this unless they get paid to do so. Ford only pays for reprograamming if there is a CSP or TSB for a specific problem with a specific module. If Ford isn't paying them their shop rate for something, that means we the consumer will have to. Unless your dealer is willing to give you a few hours' worth of shop time for free, that is. 🤷‍♂️🐩

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
In the event that one of the updates affects one of the modules that controls charging, those modules will go offline and may stop the 12v from drawing power from the HVB. The 12v has to be strong enough to make it through without the HVB then. That's a guess.
Yes, I understand needing to start with a safe level of charge. My point was, why does the computer not 1) see that an update is pending 2)charge the effing battery 3)install the update. What is it waiting for?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
No, more likely the vehicle has a software issue with the light switch feature, and turning the switch to OFF clears the issue and allows updates to proceed. The issue may not exist on every vehicle.

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Has anyone tried getting an external 12V battery (like people use for manual at home FDRS updates) and leave it plugged in to ensure the charge is over 80%?

My 22 MME is in EAP, but is still on 3.6.1, and has not received an update since Nov 1. And my 22 Lightning has not received an update since it was delivered in October, but I enrolled it in EAP 2 weeks ago. It feels like I have tried everything....long drives, park brake, lights off, ensured my 12V battery is over 80%, adjusting auto-update settings, disabling auto-update settings, etc., but nothing has worked yet.

I'm considering going down the at home FDRS route, but would prefer to not brick my vehicles...
Sponsored