ca_jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Performance
Country flag
I was stuck on 3.54 since December 9. I read this thread and I was almost tempted to go hook up my car to the charger. It was really cold though and I got lazy. 😅

On January 25, I was going for a quick 2 mile trip and I magically got a prompt to update to 3.61 when I parked (my charge was 48-49%ish). On January 27, the app let me know that 3.62 was available for my car.

I have come to the conclusion that the Mach E does a slow roll out (similar to how Google does updates). I am not sure it makes a difference or not but I have my Mach E configured to connect to my home wifi. We can try whatever heebie jeebie we want, but the Mach E will updates when it wants to.
I have the same experience as you - stuck on 3.5.4 since early Dec, then 3.6.1 updated late last week and the next night I got 3.6.2. Didn't do anything different.

FYI for those who have not received it yet, 3.6.2 is a good one - it updates the GOM and it's now far more accurate. Before, my miles to empty gauge was chronically under reporting by at least 20%. With the update I'm now pretty close to accurate, maybe less than 3-5% error. "Looks" much better now!

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
I think I heard from my cousin's, step-sister's, boyfriend's, neighbor that you have to balance crossed chicken bones on the hood of your car and think intense thoughts, or something like that, in order to reliably get OTAs as they come out.............but I might be mistaken on that. 🤣

Really, though, sometimes it seems like voodoo witchcraft for these updates to show up on their own.
I have it on very good authority that the correct method is hopping up and down on one foot in your driveway while singing the Star Spangled Banner in Mandarin, until your neighbors call the cops. Once you know the trick, it's really quite easy.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can these updates be downloaded if the car doesn’t have a WiFi connection? I’ve never been able to get a straight answer about that.

3.6.2 has been “active and ready” for my car for days. I’ve even had over 95% LVB as verified by Carscanner and it still fails. Yes the lights are off and the brake is set.
So absolutely frustrating

my only thought is because I’m in townhomes I don’t have easy access to a strong wifi signal, and that’s causing timeout problems?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Can these updates be downloaded if the car doesn’t have a WiFi connection? I’ve never been able to get a straight answer about that.
Yes. Some updates could require WiFi, but none of the OTA updates released so far have had that requirement.

acosmichippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I think they mean downloaded through a PC to local storage and installed that way.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
My parking brake is always on. Sometimes it seems even while driving (another topic..) BUT I noticed my headlight turn back onto auto once key'd on again. Is this my luck? or are people shutting them off in the console and not via the headlightswitch?

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think they mean downloaded through a PC to local storage and installed that way.
Oh sorry for the confusion no, that’s not what I meant :) I was just wondering if my lack of wifi access will affect the OTAs.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Look at all of these failed attempts at what I think is just downloading the update, not even installing it, right?

Do I have to do a seance to connect with Henry Ford to get this to magically happen??

5302F27C-B2B4-422A-BCAF-DE8118FFDEF7.png

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
My parking brake is always on. Sometimes it seems even while driving (another topic..) BUT I noticed my headlight turn back onto auto once key'd on again. Is this my luck? or are people shutting them off in the console and not via the headlightswitch?
That's just the default procedure. Sometimes the headlight switch bugs out and turns the headlights on and shows no selection on the dial.

What people generally mean is - turn the car on, turn off your headlights, accept the update. If your car is off, just confirm your headlights are truly off and not bugged out.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yep I tried turning off all the things. Left it running for 3 hours. Left it plugged in for 2 days. 100%, 95% master reset (which blew up my home charging location in FordPass, so that's probably yet another issue in the Rubics cube of possible requirements). Set all the things and no luck. I did have Sync crash and black screen on me twice today. It got my hopes up. Then just kicked me square in the junk. So I threw it in unbridled and gave the sway bars a workout.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
No, more likely the vehicle has a software issue with the light switch feature, and turning the switch to OFF clears the issue and allows updates to proceed. The issue may not exist on every vehicle.
Good point. Guys, make sure you manually turn the headlight knob to before starting the update.

What voltage is considered 80%?
Varies. The % is based off charge and not voltage. And you seemingly need >95% for 3.6.2 not 80%.

Look at all of these failed attempts at what I think is just downloading the update, not even installing it, right?

Do I have to do a seance to connect with Henry Ford to get this to magically happen??

5302F27C-B2B4-422A-BCAF-DE8118FFDEF7.png
Yup, those are failed install attempts (which means it’s all downloaded).

Leave your car on for 3 hours (disable auto shutdown timer) and then start the update. That seems to have some success at getting the 12V charged up enough to be successful. If that didn’t work, do it for 3 more hours. Some of you may need to invest in a 12V battery charger.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
This 3 hour thing. I am I, just, seriously, 3 hours if not more to try to get an update. Maybe the "Check for update button" should actually do something. I have a massive rant brewing but it like my futile attempts to resolve almost anything with this car is useless.
Sponsored