MachDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Grey, 2023 GT Vapor Blue
Country flag
I would not be surprised if the SOC of the 12V battery were the problem here. I drive very short distances most days. I just measured my 12V battery voltage at 12.18. That would correlate with a SOC of less than 60%. I'm going to connect it to a trickle charger overnight to see what happens.

So, I left the trickle charger on the 12V battery overnight with an update scheduled at 3 AM. The update FINALLY installed.

Some interesting points:
  1. The battery never got above 12.20 volts which is barely 60% SOC.
  2. FWIW, I actually set the parking brake.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I assume you are responding to my “stuck status”, not the issue of car turning off?

I called the number last week, and they confirmed a failed attempt at 3.6 OTA in November, and said I should see dealership service. But my car was just in the week before and they claimed to do all the appropriate updates. Ben from the forum ran the VIN through FDRS, and also noted the same status but suggested FORD is still working on delivering an OTA fix.
correct. Sorry you are clearly having issues with the car not getting updates (or the wrong dealership as they should have been able to apply most if not all of the updates).

FYI: ALL of my updates occurred with the switch in the Auto position. I am now on 4.1.3.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
People are stupid, dumb, lazy, don't show respect because they ask a question that is mentioned once on a single line in a 400+ page PDF?

This is what people here think of their fellow enthusiasts? Quite the community.
the app give the recommendation to charge to 90% percent daily and ive received multiple emails over the year saying to charge to 90%. owners manual isn't the only place for this information.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the app give the recommendation to charge to 90% percent daily and ive received multiple emails over the year saying to charge to 90%. owners manual isn't the only place for this information.
I have too...and that will work, but work to keep the car between 70 and 30% for most all daily use as I also know this will maximize battery life beyond the 70% SOC at the 100K mile mark. I am expecting 150K miles+ out of this pack.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Eg: It is very useful when parking in a spot and want to see where the curb is or just to confirm how centered the car is with the 360 camera while driving forward, not just in reverse.

I should not have to click multiple icons/ menu items to activate it. I know many people asked for this, and many competing vehicles have it. Kudos to Ford for listening to customers and enhancing the vehicle with new features and functions.
Agreed. I hope they take the next step, and automatically turn on the front camera after reversing (until 5mph or so). My Audi does that and it's a great safety feature.

I do hope that just like the CarPlay icon (and I presume Android Auto) that only appears when you are using a function that you cannot click the cancel ”x”, to get back to CarPlay
Interesting. I use Android Auto and haven't noticed this yet, though I haven't driven much since I got 4.1.2 and 4.1.3. I'll keep an eye out for it.

But after several attempts of leaving my car “turned on” with FOB in the center tray, every time it quickly seems to time out and automatically turn off. I cannot just “leave the car running” for 2 hrs to ensure charged 12v.
You must disable auto-shutoff in the car settings. I don't recall where exactly it is, but I'd check in the "Vehicle" section first. This option resets every time the car is key cycled, so don't forget to do it again if you turn the car off and then on.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I use Android Auto and haven't noticed this yet, though I haven't driven much since I got 4.1.2 and 4.1.3. I'll keep an eye out for it.
It ONLY appears when you are a few menus down. If you are connected to Android Auto, then go to something like tire pressure or trip miles. I would expect it to appear only then.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Having been stuck at 3.5.4.2 since Oct, I decided, what the hell, I’ll try the suggested ”tricks” from this thread. But after several attempts of leaving my car “turned on” with FOB in the center tray, every time it quickly seems to time out and automatically turn off. I cannot just “leave the car running” for 2 hrs to ensure charged 12v. Anyone else notice this? My current commutes are only about 15min drives, not 2 hrs.
Go to Settings > Vehicle. The very first option at the top is the auto shutoff option. It shuts the car off after 30 minutes idle, but you can disable it there. Two things to note:
1) You can't remote start and leave your car on
2) This setting doesn't stick after you turn the car off and back on again. Probably by design I imagine.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have to say that I am thrilled with 4.1.2. I really enjoy the newly organized UI, but when I was on 3.6.1 for months I would have at best a 50/50 shot at getting my phone to connect. Not sure it was 3.6.2, that made any difference, but since I got 4.1.1 (then followed with 4.1.2, 4.1.3) my phone has connected 100% of the time (and connected quickly at that).

The UI is well organized and the features make it far easier to use. I know some don't like the look or to change anything...but I think it is a major upgrade to the car.

Thank you Ford!

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium 2021 Job 1 non EA
Country flag
Hi all,
I have been stuck at 4.1.1 since January 30, 2023.
I have been wondering about the 12v SOC.
I Bought a 12volt USB adapter that plugs into 12 volt socket. It has a Voltmeter included.
when driving it shows 14.8 volt. Parked it drops to 12.4 volts. I’m going to let it sit for a few hours and see if it drops anymore.

92DB659B-DD05-4874-8F92-A48F9524FA12.jpeg

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Hi all,
I Bought a 12volt USB adapter that plugs into 12 volt socket. It has a Voltmeter included.
when driving it shows 14.8 volt. Parked it drops to 12.4 volts. I’m going to let it sit for a few hours and see if it drops anymore.

Ford Mustang Mach-E If you want your Mach-E to get OTA updates - the SOC of the 12V (LVB) must be at least 80-85% 92DB659B-DD05-4874-8F92-A48F9524FA12
Because 4.1.2 isn't an inhibit update I would be surprised if the 12V SOC had anything to do with it. Also, that only impacts installation, not downloading. Is 4.1.2 downloaded and failing to install? Or has it just not downloaded yet? If it's the later, that's a different problem. And one that this forum hasn't really figured out yet as it's a bit of Ford voodoo. I've noticed that all of those small updates like 4.1.1, 4.1.2, and even 4.1.3 all installed after a short drive (like 10 minutes).

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Because 4.1.2 isn't an inhibit update I would be surprised if the 12V SOC had anything to do with it. Also, that only impacts installation, not downloading. Is 4.1.2 downloaded and failing to install? Or has it just not downloaded yet? If it's the later, that's a different problem. And one that this forum hasn't really figured out yet as it's a bit of Ford voodoo. I've noticed that all of those small updates like 4.1.1, 4.1.2, and even 4.1.3 all installed after a short drive (like 10 minutes).
Hi,
The real problem is me not being patient. :)
It hasn’t downloaded yet. Car has been run almost every day since Jan 30 update of 4.1.1.
I have checked all the update schedules and auto update is turned on.
when parked in the garage, there is a Wi-Fi extender plugged in beside the car.
Other than this update car is working great.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Hi,
It hasn’t downloaded yet. Car has been run almost every day since Jan 30 update of 4.1.1.
It's very possible your VIN is not in the group it's rolled out to. I am not even sure if non-Early Access users have 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 yet. But even then not everyone gets it at the same time. It's unlikely to be something you are (or are not) doing. It's just the Ford OTA system doing its "magic." I don't think messing with your 12V battery will have any impact what-so-ever.

If you're interested in getting the latest and greatest update the moment it touches the airwaves, and you can't be patient, then I highly recommend joining the EA program.

As of right now there's no evidence that anything is "wrong" in your case. Just keep waiting :(

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi all,

Ford Mustang Mach-E If you want your Mach-E to get OTA updates - the SOC of the 12V (LVB) must be at least 80-85% 92DB659B-DD05-4874-8F92-A48F9524FA12
Keep in mind that the 12V battery voltage is not the primary issue. The SOC of the LVB is the critical issue. That can only be measured with a scan tool of some sort. I use an OBDII reader and "Car Scanner" on my iPhone over Bluetooth.

Last week the 12V was at 93% SOC. I just checked it today it was only at 72%.

Ford Mustang Mach-E If you want your Mach-E to get OTA updates - the SOC of the 12V (LVB) must be at least 80-85% LVB Battery SOC

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE4X Prem, 2020 GRSupra, 2016 Corvette Z51
Country flag
Hi,
Have you checked your OTA status on the website? Mine failed and needs a new APIM module. Failed when dealer tried to manually install as well.

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you checked your OTA status on the website? Mine failed and needs a new APIM module. Failed when dealer tried to manually install as well.
Earlier in the week I checked OTA status. It showed no failed updates.
for whatever reasons I can’t get the website to show OTA updates now.
it shows Sync but wont show OTA.

I emailed my service rep and asked him to please check on his system.
as stated. Probably need to be patient!!

thanks for all the input!!
Sponsored