Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
If you are saying you are just going to make a new emblem, couldn’t you just make the emblem out of a transparent material and put a sheet of EL film behind it? (Obviously masking out the area not to be illuminated on the sheet of EL film.)
Rendering and extruding in a 3D app would be far easier :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If you are saying you are just going to make a new emblem, couldn’t you just make the emblem out of a transparent material and put a sheet of EL film behind it? (Obviously masking out the area not to be illuminated on the sheet of EL film.)
I messed with a sheet of EL film. The wire comes from the edge and would be super hard to conceal. I guess you could use 2 pieces of film and buy them together with the wire edge in the middle of the new emblem. Then sandwich that in plexi.
I’m just not that good to cut two prices of plexi. Not to mention the whole emblem has a bit of a roll to it so it fits within the curve of the nosecone

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I messed with a sheet of EL film. The wire comes from the edge and would be super hard to conceal. I guess you could use 2 pieces of film and buy them together with the wire edge in the middle of the new emblem. Then sandwich that in plexi.
I’m just not that good to cut two prices of plexi. Not to mention the whole emblem has a bit of a roll to it so it fits within the curve of the nosecone
Ah, got it! I wonder how the GT emblem is implemented?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Rendering and extruding in a 3D app would be far easier :)
I wonder if there would be a way of preserving the original emblem?

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
Has anyone done this with their back emblem? I have a gtpe but would love to do this to the GT emblem in the back, the lift gate is powered so there should be power... No idea if there are cables to splice into that would turn it on only when the lights go on though...

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Has anyone done this with their back emblem? I have a gtpe but would love to do this to the GT emblem in the back, the lift gate is powered so there should be power... No idea if there are cables to splice into that would turn it on only when the lights go on though...
I have not seen anyone do this with the rear emblem. One might try tapping the taillight circuit, but I have to imagine it would be like tapping the headlight circuit. Which didn’t work out because of an overload issue. To get the front emblem to work I had to tap a wire by the fuse box in the glove compartment area. You could tap the same wire and run it all the way back like a rear dashcam. The main issue in my opinion would be getting the wire to the emblem. The liftgate is hollow and to fish that wire around the window and then down to where the emblem is…. I would think that would require almost complete disassembly of the liftgate. Then the hollowing out of a channel in the emblem and getting the EL wire secured…..
Let’s say it’s not something I’m going to try. Maybe someone more enterprising than me will consider it, but we haven’t found that person around here yet.

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
I have not seen anyone do this with the rear emblem. One might try tapping the taillight circuit, but I have to imagine it would be like tapping the headlight circuit. Which didn’t work out because of an overload issue. To get the front emblem to work I had to tap a wire by the fuse box in the glove compartment area. You could tap the same wire and run it all the way back like a rear dashcam. The main issue in my opinion would be getting the wire to the emblem. The liftgate is hollow and to fish that wire around the window and then down to where the emblem is…. I would think that would require almost complete disassembly of the liftgate. Then the hollowing out of a channel in the emblem and getting the EL wire secured…..
Let’s say it’s not something I’m going to try. Maybe someone more enterprising than me will consider it, but we haven’t found that person around here yet.
Thanks we installed the foot module on my gtpe this weekend to open the lift gate via foot and it looked like there might be access to the emblem but since I didn't see this thread until after I'm not sure. Should have taken pics when we removed the plastic panels

To be honest I kind of like your el wire solution better than my stock gt pony. It simply has a cheap clear plastic border and a light source behind the emblem so it's not equally bright around the emblem and it looks cheap when you get close. Yours at least has an equally bright border and gets away from the cheap clear plastic

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
It would be fairly easy for me to create a 3D rendering of the pony that would include the necessary channels to fit the wire, plus any other modifications that are needed.

I’d start out with a vector outline of the pony, import it into TinkerCAD, extrude it, and add any needed modifications.

I don’t have my MME yet, but when I do, I’d be able to take measurements with my micrometer to replicate it…
Hi, did you ever try to get a 3D printer plan for the front emblem?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
No, as another member did so, producing ponies via a Kickstarter.

CYBER-O

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E4X
Occupation
Independant IT Consultant, Lyft & Uber driver
Country flag