Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
That burn was as effective as a Ford powertrain ;)
Well now. Let us recap.

Your Avatar is one of the most crappy cars that was made and you purchased an MME and now have a BMW and your next car will be named, "Wisdom".

At first, I thought this thread that you posted was going to be perceived as "a troll" but now it should clearly be labeled as "entertaining".

In any event, no hard feelings. I wish you well with your "wisdom" going forward.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ragequit310

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
Well now. Let us recap.

Your Avatar is one of the most crappy cars that was made and you purchased an MME and now have a BMW and your next car will be named, "Wisdom".

At first, I thought this thread that you posted was going to be perceived as "a troll" but now it should clearly be labeled as "entertaining".

In any event, no hard feelings. I wish you well with your "wisdom" going forward.
You mixed me up with another poster who had the same issues. I donā€™t have a BMW at the moment. I only have a Mach-E that is sitting in a dealership lot.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
You mixed me up with another poster who had the same issues. I donā€™t have a BMW at the moment. I only have a Mach-E that is sitting in a dealership lot.
One of your vehicles is listed as a BMW below your Avatar.

grinder

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Sounds like a nightmare. Sorry this happened to you. Not sure why you are being attacked by some members, not really helpful. Hope you get these issues resolved.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
The Lyfts and Ubers to get home are $80. I am now at a Taco Bell waiting for the rates to go down. FML
Enough banter already, some of us are patiently waiting to hear what you ordered from Taco Bell!! šŸŒ® šŸ”” šŸ˜‹

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Update
Thank you for all the comments. I want to clarify that I am not trying to troll with this post - I am just showing my experience. I wanted to like and love this car but it keeps having problems.

I tried calling my Ford dealership and they are of no help. They donā€™t know when they have an appointment available and they refuse to send over a tow truck - they tell me itā€™s my responsibility.

Although I agree with the other posters that cars including BMW and Tesla all have lemon cars and it is outside of the control of a car company. The car company can control how they deal with problems when they happen. Ford takes no responsibility - that is disappointing.

In the past with BMW I had two problems (a flat tire and a broken fast charge port after 28k miles). In both occasions BMW sent over a tow truck free of charge and I got help almost immediately.
"they refuse to send over a tow truck"

It's YOUR responsibility to use YOUR warranty benefit - 5 years of free roadside assistance. Not theirs. If you didn't understand that when you got your car (because you didn't read your paperwork), that's on you, not them. Vast majority of dealerships don't have tow trucks, and it's not their role to contact your free roadside assistance.

It boggles my mind the number of people that buy $60,000+ vehicles before clearly understanding what they get and don't get in their benefits. I negotiated a free loaner from my salesperson (also the dealership GM). If they are out of cars, and don't want to pay for a rental, he gives us HIS car.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
With BMW I didn't even have to go through the dealership! BMW had a dedicated hotline that was built into the car. It was a button on the roof of the car that dialed into the BMW service department.
As @RickMachE pointed out, Ford is very different than BMW.

I have had BMWs for over 20 years prior to my first Ford EV and have to say the service was very good, if not exceptional with BMW service.

Yes, the BMW SOS button on the headliner was on all my BMWs which was a very nice service for the first 4 years.
Then afterwards you have to pay an annual subscription for that service.

Going over to Ford, before I bought the Lightning, I knew speaking to the Ford service manager that I would not get the same treatment.

So I resigned myself to knowing how to use Uber / Lyft on the first day and get a rental after the dealership considers the repair as warranty in which case I can get a loaner from these 4 sources:
1. Dealership FCTP vehicle.
2. Outside rental agency contracted w/ dealership (Enterprise, Hertz).
3. Rental on my own and bill back the Ford EV team (not the dealer).
4. Use my insurance policy to rent a vehicle and bill back the EV team.

As for towing, I know I can either use:
1. Ford contracted towing service (slow)
2. AAA/Auto Club tow (faster)

Just saying.....

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I did not try driving it long distances but the warning lights did not come out when I drove it across the parking lot. It seemed to function like normal...

There is no need to rename. I am going to get out of this car. First and last Ford I'll ever buy. Learned my lesson - my next car will be named "wisdom".
If they didnā€™t come back on, it was probably not the HVBJB

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I negotiated a free loaner from my salesperson (also the dealership GM). If they are out of cars, and don't want to pay for a rental, he gives us HIS car.
Rick, you know I appreciate your posts but I laugh every time you give this advice because itā€™s such an out of the ordinary perk that no one else would ever get, I think you just have a unicorn dealership and I can see why you stay with them. But this is absolutely not common at all, I think a lot of us would be lucky to get a return call from a GM.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
This thread went from a good indicator of an existing long term problem, to a car brand pissing contest pretty quick huh...
Might be a good time for mods to lock it at this point, keep it around as evidence that after three years Ford is still using the thoughts and prayers approach to the hvjb, while keeping the "my brand slightly less worse" nonsense down.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Rick, you know I appreciate your posts but I laugh every time you give this advice because itā€™s such an out of the ordinary perk that no one else would ever get, I think you just have a unicorn dealership and I can see why you stay with them. But this is absolutely not common at all, I think a lot of us would be lucky to get a return call from a GM.
Agree. But you're missing the point - which is the ignorance of buyers.

My point is people don't read their brochures and don't understand their benefits. Then they get po'd when something isn't covered, because they were ignorant of the coverage. I do that BEFORE I buy something, and then if I want a benefit I try to get it.

I also evaluate WHERE I buy something because of the benefit. For example, bought my new smartwatch from Costco, because they extended the warranty to two years. And, I used my Costco Visa (benefit went away in late Jan 2023), which adds another year. Had I bought it from Amazon I would get the standard 1 year warranty. And it was cheaper.

My salesperson at my prior dealership offered me the same benefit, using HIS dealership car. It's called negotiating. They can always say no.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I did not try driving it long distances but the warning lights did not come out when I drove it across the parking lot. It seemed to function like normal...

There is no need to rename. I am going to get out of this car. First and last Ford I'll ever buy. Learned my lesson - my next car will be named "wisdom".
Does this mean by the time the tow truck arrived the car was powering up and able to be put into drive and the SVS message was gone? A little late now, but if it were me, as long as the car is still drivable and the light has gone away, I would make the appointment with the dealer and continue to drive it until they have the time to work on it.

OP
OP
ragequit310

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
Does this mean by the time the tow truck arrived the car was powering up and able to be put into drive and the SVS message was gone? A little late now, but if it were me, as long as the car is still drivable and the light has gone away, I would make the appointment with the dealer and continue to drive it until they have the time to work on it.
I thought about that, but I donā€™t want to lose power while driving. The powertrain warning - to me - is serious business. I donā€™t think the car is safe. If this is a overheating issue then itā€™s a matter of time before it comes back. I donā€™t want to drive on the highway, suddenly stall, and get rear ended.
Sponsored

Last edited: