I'm going to pick up my MME tomorrow

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I've got my ...
Inspection sheet courtesy of @ChasingCoral
My MCOA membership info with X-Plan pin written down
My insurance info/license/proof of residency
My pre-approval letter/check from Navy Federal
The printout of the updated $100 early adopter plan for Auto Driving Assist from @hybrid2bev

What am I forgetting? I think I've decided on a name, but not locked in yet. LOL

Here's my timeline, and I'm well aware that I'm super lucky and shouldn't have my car yet. Ford Estimated delivery would be between 2-23 and 3-1 and it arrived by truck on 2-16.
Order Date 6-29-20
Scheduled for Production aka Built 1-12-21
Built aka Shipped 1-22-21
Arrived at Final Rail Destination 2-12-21
Left by Transport Truck/Arrived at Dealership 2-16-21 (it came on a transport truck with a GT Mustang 5.0 and an F-150 SuperCrew 2.7

Thanks to all of you who've helped me pass the days with the various trackers, palsapp info, and even how to track a rail car through Norfolk Southern, which is something I'd never imagine doing in my life. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

20210216_170429.jpg

20210216_170416.jpg

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
don't forget to edit your bio tomorrow ;)
I should have already done that, the engine in that Fusion grendaded and I'm on borrowed vehicle #2 the 2000 Expedition who's main job for the last few years was a tailgating vehicle only.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I should have already done that, the engine in that Fusion grendaded and I'm on borrowed vehicle #2 the 2000 Expedition who's main job for the last few years was a tailgating vehicle only.
Fusion to Expedition is quite a big jump.... the Mach-E is like the Goldilocks scenario there or something ?

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well this dealership is a nightmare. Bait and switch, talking about selling my car out from under me. To say I'm pissed is an understatement. More details to come

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well this dealership is a nightmare. Bait and switch, talking about selling my car out from under me. To say I'm pissed is an understatement. More details to come
I ended up getting the car but they added $900 to the MSRP off the bat hoping I wouldn't notice. Only gave $500 for x plan and full dealer fees of 399 and ignored the x plan 275 admin fee. I ended up not wanting to walk away because they aren't available anywhere close so I couldn't play hard ball. I ended up getting way better financing than I brought in which evened out my bottom dollar. But they tried to rip me off for about $1400 if I didn't notice, and once I noticed they tried to piss me off enough to force me to walk away from the deal so they could sell it at a markup. They tried to claim they were losing $20 selling me that car, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell if you believe that.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I ended up getting the car but they added $900 to the MSRP off the bat hoping I wouldn't notice. Only gave $500 for x plan and full dealer fees of 399 and ignored the x plan 275 admin fee. I ended up not wanting to walk away because they aren't available anywhere close so I couldn't play hard ball. I ended up getting way better financing than I brought in which evened out my bottom dollar. But they tried to rip me off for about $1400 if I didn't notice, and once I noticed they tried to piss me off enough to force me to walk away from the deal so they could sell it at a markup. They tried to claim they were losing $20 selling me that car, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell if you believe that.
In case folks aren't aware, the X-plan price is printed right on the vehicle's invoice. So, ask the dealer to shows you the invoice. $500 off for x-plan seems low for your config. For my Premium ER RWD, X-plan is ~$800 off MSRP.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Let's remove this dealership from the list of non-ADM dealerships. What's their name?

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
X Plan should be non-negotiable price. It is a set price and you should be able to clearly see it. I'm sorry you had this experience. You did all the right prep work too!!!

If you don't mind, what was the mileage on the vehicle once you finalized everything and were you able to test drive before committing?

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Actually, with the X Plan, the customer pays the $275.00 admin fee. The "doc" fee that the dealer charges is limited to $100.00. Seems like they really worked you over. I'm hoping that my dealer is straight with me when I pick my MME FE up next week.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
They are just nasty - they are bringing bad name to stereotypical 1980s car salesmen
Sponsored