I'm going to pick up my MME tomorrow

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
X Plan should be non-negotiable price. It is a set price and you should be able to clearly see it. I'm sorry you had this experience. You did all the right prep work too!!!

If you don't mind, what was the mileage on the vehicle once you finalized everything and were you able to test drive before committing?
17 miles on it when i got in to test it. They drove it around and did an awful job washing it. Dealership was awful outside of getting a great finance rate. Car is really fun to drive, but they robbed me of my excitement with the strong arm tactic. We both know that an alternative isn't really available. I negotiated as good of a deal as I felt that I could.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
In case folks aren't aware, the X-plan price is printed right on the vehicle's invoice. So, ask the dealer to shows you the invoice. $500 off for x-plan seems low for your config. For my Premium ER RWD, X-plan is ~$800 off MSRP.
They said their x plan commission was 773 or something like that. Which is why I told them I'm not understanding their offer of 500. They did a piss poor job of explaining anything. They basically tried to rip me off and the price I ended up paying was basically if I walked in without X Plan. They will most definitely file for the sale with x plan included to get compensated from Ford regardless of whether I actually used the discount or not.

They wanted to piss me off so they could sell it to someone else for ADM.

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
dang... so sorry. Ensure you send your experience to FORD

Hope your CAR turns out better than the dealer
I wish I knew who to call at Ford to complain. But it's probably too late to do anything about it.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
They said their x plan commission was 773 or something like that. Which is why I told them I'm not understanding their offer of 500. They did a piss poor job of explaining anything. They basically tried to rip me off and the price I ended up paying was basically if I walked in without X Plan. They will most definitely file for the sale with x plan included to get compensated from Ford regardless of whether I actually used the discount or not.

They wanted to piss me off so they could sell it to someone else for ADM.
If you financed through the dealer, they made money off that. So, shed no tears for them and their cry me a river claim of only getting a $773 commission off X-plan. I don't buy that claim anyway, since the X-plan price has got to be more than $773 over dealer invoice price.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
I wish I knew who to call at Ford to complain. But it's probably too late to do anything about it.
Here's a way to complain...take them to small claims court for the overage. If your sale price when you ordered the car was less than what you paid, then file a claim in small claims court for breach of contract. If you have an attorney friend where you live they could probably help you. You can't let them get away with this stuff. At worst you make their lives as miserable as they made yours.

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you financed through the dealer, they made money off that. So, shed no tears for them and their cry me a river claim of only getting a $773 commission off X-plan. I don't buy that claim anyway, since the X-plan price has got to be more than $773 over dealer invoice price.
They didn't even claim that, they claimed they lost $20. I know they are pocketing the $773. Kind of seems like they are defrauding Ford in my opinion since I certainly didn't get the x plan discount. Others may be more knowledgeable @trutolife27 @hybrid2bev

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I ended up getting the car but they added $900 to the MSRP off the bat hoping I wouldn't notice. Only gave $500 for x plan and full dealer fees of 399 and ignored the x plan 275 admin fee. I ended up not wanting to walk away because they aren't available anywhere close so I couldn't play hard ball. I ended up getting way better financing than I brought in which evened out my bottom dollar. But they tried to rip me off for about $1400 if I didn't notice, and once I noticed they tried to piss me off enough to force me to walk away from the deal so they could sell it at a markup. They tried to claim they were losing $20 selling me that car, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell if you believe that.
Ok, so for starters, your price (without x-plan) should have been listed on your order. The dealer can't add $900 to the MSRP if it wasn't listed on your order. Second, if they accept x-plan they have to follow the x-plan rules: the x-plan price is on the invoice + up to $275 in doc fees.

You got ripped off. You know you got ripped off. So why aren't you marching back into the dealer and demanding a refund of what they overcharged you? Print off your order showing the price. Call Ford regarding the X-Plan shenanigans. And tell the dealer that if they refuse to fix this you are going to file a consumer protection complaint.

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's a way to complain...take them to small claims court for the overage. If your sale price when you ordered the car was less than what you paid, then file a claim in small claims court for breach of contract. If you have an attorney friend where you live they could probably help you. You can't let them get away with this stuff. At worst you make their lives as miserable as they made yours.
That cost me time and money to file plus whatever time I would waste from my attorney, and don't I lose that right when I signed the agreement and paid already?

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, so for starters, your price (without x-plan) should have been listed on your order. The dealer can't add $900 to the MSRP if it wasn't listed on your order. Second, if they accept x-plan they have to follow the x-plan rules: the x-plan price is on the invoice + up to $275 in doc fees.

You got ripped off. You know you got ripped off. So why aren't you marching back into the dealer and demanding a refund of what they overcharged you? Print off your order showing the price. Call Ford regarding the X-Plan shenanigans. And tell the dealer that if they refuse to fix this you are going to file a consumer protection complaint.
I had that all when I was there and showed them, their response was don't get it if you don't want it for this price. They mentioned 2 or 3 people already wanted to buy it. I wanted the car more than I wanted that $1000 is what it boils down to, maybe a better man than me walks away on principle but they don't drive the Mach E away.

Reactions: EVS
OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I forgot they also added a lojack alternative called a Kahu for $800 that I didn't agree to or ask for into the price. I might have liked to have that if offered, but I'm not sure if that's standard for new Ford cars or not, and I'm sure the dealership gets a cut of that. It doesn't really seem legal to add something without asking the customer and making you pay for it. But again I'd rather get screwed financially and have the car. All of their nickel and dime BS ends up getting erased with the better financing rates than I walked in the building with. Without that I might have called my attorney, the local news and big Ford from their office and still be there.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I had that all when I was there and showed them, their response was don't get it if you don't want it for this price. They mentioned 2 or 3 people already wanted to buy it. I wanted the car more than I wanted that $1000 is what it boils down to, maybe a better man than me walks away on principle but they don't drive the Mach E away.
You are in a somewhat weaker position because you completed the sale, but I would still file a consumer protection complaint. It costs you nothing. You might eventually get your money back, and if not, you might help other people avoid falling victim to their predatory practices. I know you wanted the car, but caving like this just encourages them to keep ripping people off.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
They didn't even claim that, they claimed they lost $20. I know they are pocketing the $773. Kind of seems like they are defrauding Ford in my opinion since I certainly didn't get the x plan discount. Others may be more knowledgeable @trutolife27 @hybrid2bev
What other's have said is correct. The X-Plan price is on the invoice. If you are doing X-Plan pricing I believe that there is a disclosure document to sign (there is for A plan anyways) and I believe the dealer is required to show you the invoice.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I'm going to pick up my MME tomorrow 1613774377163

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What other's have said is correct. The X-Plan price is on the invoice. If you are doing X-Plan pricing I believe that there is a disclosure document to sign (there is for A plan anyways) and I believe the dealer is required to show you the invoice.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I'm going to pick up my MME tomorrow 1613774377163
Will I need to wait until Monday to call? There was an agreement I signed for x plan but nothing said the price. I also included on my signature a notation that the terms portion was not filled out. The only discount they had on the pricing was a generic discount.

I forgot I took a picture of the price sheet. My complaints and what I thought should have been the actual terms was written on the right. My 2% x plan discount was actually incorrect but they never told me the actual amount the discount is for.

20210219_111126.jpg

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E I'm going to pick up my MME tomorrow 20210219_111126
Here is the X-Plan pricing agreement. You should have been asked to sign this to complete the purchase. Can you screen shot yours here (erase any private data first of course)?

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/AXZD-PlanPricingAgreement.pdf

Attachments

OP
OP
Rocky29670

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the X-Plan pricing agreement. You should have been asked to sign this to complete the purchase. Can you screen shot yours here (erase any private data first of course)?

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/AXZD-PlanPricingAgreement.pdf
I'll look in the paperwork I got back to see if they gave me a copy of that, I think I signed that or something similar. I do remember signing that one now, that's the document I noted that x plan discounted wasn't actually listed on that document. The top of the second page was blank.
Sponsored

Last edited: