I'm going to pick up my MME tomorrow

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Grass is always greener on the other side. :) If it was Tesla, the Mach-e would be marked up by $5000. The price manipulation will be from the company instead of a dealer. Recall the fiasco with the first Model 3 deliveries? Tesla delivered a large number of cars to people who were waiting for 2+ years right before quarter end, then slashed prices by thousands of dollars right after the delivery rush. When the electrek author complained on twitter because he also got cheated and started making too much noise, Elon offered to refund $5000 to some people. We surely won't be talking about discounts so early on.

https://www.fox13now.com/2018/10/27/tesla-slashes-price-of-model-3-performance-package/

BTW, I commend the OP's attitude of taking things in a good spirit. Am sure you will give them appropriate rating when time comes. AT least he seems to have gotten a better financing rate.
In that case the price reduction also meant no more free access to their charging network, so it was a trade-off. Whether Tesla's pricing is fair isn't really the point though. For most mass produced products, the same price is available to everyone at a given point in time, even if there is a fat profit margin built-in (for example, most Apple products) buyers feel good about their purchases.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
In today's drama with the dealership, I got an automated dealer satisfaction survey where I one starred everyone I dealt with and called them out for their nonsense. No less than 30 minutes, later the internet sales manager and I suppose GM call me and ask why I wasn't satisfied and negatively reviewed them? I told them because they lied about the MSRP from the GM down and this pettiness only reinforces it. They told me to just bring back the car and they'd tear up my contract and sell it to someone else. I told them in no uncertain words to KMA and that's not how contracts work. I have no problems with the car, it's their dealership.

After being harassed and yelled at by the dealership, I immediately called the Ford Customer Satisfaction number and explained the situation to an associate who couldn't have been more understanding and was livid on my behalf at the end of the phone call and assured me she would report this to her highest level, which was the dealer satisfaction department or something like that. And they'd gather facts and get back to me over the next week or two. I told her I didn't want or expect anything from anyone and definitely didn't ever want to hear from that dealership again. But just wanted to voice my displeasure with that dealership who ruined what should have been an awesome day yesterday, and today was just uncalled for and childish. You lie, you get a negative review; take your lumps and move on.

No matter how prepared one might be, unfortunately there is no good choice when the dealer does not act in good faith, due to the limited supply: one either walks away and starts over with another dealer, waits for months for another car to be produced, and hopes for a better experience the next time around, or just pays and tries to forget about the bad buying experience. It is all in the past now and it looks like you are moving on. Enjoy your new ride!

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
In today's drama with the dealership, I got an automated dealer satisfaction survey where I one starred everyone I dealt with and called them out for their nonsense. No less than 30 minutes, later the internet sales manager and I suppose GM call me and ask why I wasn't satisfied and negatively reviewed them? I told them because they lied about the MSRP from the GM down and this pettiness only reinforces it. They told me to just bring back the car and they'd tear up my contract and sell it to someone else. I told them in no uncertain words to KMA and that's not how contracts work. I have no problems with the car, it's their dealership.

After being harassed and yelled at by the dealership, I immediately called the Ford Customer Satisfaction number and explained the situation to an associate who couldn't have been more understanding and was livid on my behalf at the end of the phone call and assured me she would report this to her highest level, which was the dealer satisfaction department or something like that. And they'd gather facts and get back to me over the next week or two. I told her I didn't want or expect anything from anyone and definitely didn't ever want to hear from that dealership again. But just wanted to voice my displeasure with that dealership who ruined what should have been an awesome day yesterday, and today was just uncalled for and childish. You lie, you get a negative review; take your lumps and move on.
There was no zero star rating available?

Dealers like this (assuming they operate this way purposely, as seems to be the case here) need to be called out publicly so no one else gets caught up in their crap. They have a perfect right to be jerks, but they need to live with the consequences of that. And not cry about it when people object to their behavior.

I often check the BBB when checking out an unknown company.....I believe they accept complaints even if you are not still seeking resolution of your problem.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Sorry about your frustrating experience, and it sounds like you salvaged the best outcome out of it you could.

As a first time new car buyer (I've bought a lot of cars, but always used) things like this really put me off the new car process. The way the order process goes with Ford, the role of the dealer is made to look like "the place you'll pick it up" not, "select the ruthless middleman you will have to do battle with after your 9 month wait if you actually want your car".

I feel pretty good about my dealer selection, but the fact that you can't just order a car, choose where to pick it up, and be assured a reasonable experience is frustrating. I know Tesla's method has its own warts, but situations like this are what drive people away from the dealer model in the first place.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I picked up my FE RR earlier today. The process was pretty smooth. the dealer wasn’t well versed with the Ford Option system but we managed to figure it out. I also think it was helpful that we worked on the estimates starting a week ago.

I haven’t had a chance to check everything the car has to offer but my PAAK worked, Android auto worked (Samsung S10), first time EV owner and kind of got the hang of the 1 pedal driving. It was abrupt at first but I got the hang of easing up on the accelerator to smooth out the braking.

it is quite cold in NYC being in the 20s. The range was 177 at full charge. My drive home was about 30 miles (Edit: actually drove 41 miles. Forgot to add the spin with my lady). When I got home, I was able to figure out how to reset the trip. When I did, I have estimated 157 miles and 82% charge.

Here are a couple pictures. Sorry for the low quality since I am take a picture of a picture. Just being too lazy at 11pm to forward pics from one phone to the next.

I would like to update the spreadsheet. Can the @Administrator or someone send me the link?

Ford Mustang Mach-E I'm going to pick up my MME tomorrow image

Last edited:

NancyF

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Energi Titanium
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
They are just nasty - they are bringing bad name to stereotypical 1980s car salesmen
My MME arrived to my dealer, Rusty Eck Ford on 2/10/21. Rusty Eck is in Wichita, Ks. and U live in Topeka, Ks. Which is about two hours away. We were in the midst of terrible winter weather and Mike Sell there said “Just keep it here in our garage out of the elements until you’re ready.” After 17 months of waiting it was so hard to say “okay” but that was definitely the smart decision.
I was finally able to get my car 2-18-21. My husband and I had done all the paperwork with finance through e-mail do all I had to do was give them my check when I got there.
Once there my sales person Cornelius and the additional tech rep, Rosa, spent four hours with me acquainting me with the car, setting up phones, going through the car, etc. They were wonderful.
I’m sure I’ll “find” something wrong since this is a new model but I have to say, this car is WONDERFUL. I LOVE it. I’m having so much darn fun. The second day driving I went to Sam’s Club, parked in the boondocks near no one and before I was out of the car, two young 20ish boys in a VW Golf drove slowly, rolled their window down and said “Mustang”? I said “yes, come look at it”. They went wild. They loved the drink of course!!!
Short story long: in my 65 years, 50 years driving cars, having two uncles who were car salesmen/dealers and bring around cars all my life, this is the greatest, neatest, most fun car I have ever driven!

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Mine arrived at the dealer today and they should have it ready for me tomorrow. I'm in the same boat - I have emails confirming X-Plan for it, no ADM, etc. But the reality is if I show up tomorrow and they choose to be dicks and say "Well, sorry, but the market value is a lot higher now, so you can take it or leave it", I'd be screwed. It's just not worth going through the hassle and expense of trying to sue them for a 3% price difference or something, even if I have emails committing to honoring X-Plan. It's really just leverage to try and get them to do the right thing and honor their commitment.

I feel pretty good about establishing a good relationship with them (including the GM that had to take over handling my order last year because the internet sales person was so clueless). But I'd be lying if I said I was 100% confident they won't try to pull something. Right now MMEs in stock simply have higher than MSRP market value. They have the leverage.

Wow, lots of crappy dealers out there. Even if they say they will honor x plan and then decide not to at a later point, you have no legal recourse as long as they refund your deposit since you have no damages at that point.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
. They tried to claim they were losing $20 selling me that car, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell if you believe that.
This is utter BS! Dealers do not lose a dime on X-Plan. They make money on X-Plan and get sales credit. I forget all the details. The only “money” they lose is the additional amount the unscrupulous dealers can gouge chumps for. You’ll get a survey from Ford to rate your experience with this dealer. Be sure to give them a horrible rating and write long, detailed explanations why. Those surveys do impact the dealers where it counts. Also, if you’re social-media savvy, be sure you’re giving the dealer appropriately poor ratings on Google, etc.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sadly all of this is true. The only recourse is posting bad on line reviews on yelp, etc. I dread having to go to a dealer with the thought that it’s a battle that I’m about to engage in. I’m still 2 -3 months away and as I type this my stomach in in knots. There is no other consumer product that I know that you have to take so much crap just to purchase. You can love them or hate them, but at the end of the day Tesla nailed it on purchasing a car.

I know ford is working on a on-line purchasing system - it can’t come soon enough!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow, lots of crappy dealers out there. Even if they say they will honor x plan and then decide not to at a later point, you have no legal recourse as long as they refund your deposit since you have no damages at that point.
As it turns out, my dealer couldn't have been better. Completed the sale yesterday and picked up the car. Correct X-Plan price, dealer fees discounted down to $99 (per the $100 cap in X-Plan), -$100 "Driver Assist" Ford discount already subtracted, no gotchas or hard sell for anything else. Just as it was all supposed to be, and super friendly to boot.

I was lucky to find a good one. They do exist.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
As it turns out, my dealer couldn't have been better. Completed the sale yesterday and picked up the car. Correct X-Plan price, dealer fees discounted down to $99 (per the $100 cap in X-Plan), -$100 "Driver Assist" Ford discount already subtracted, no gotchas or hard sell for anything else. Just as it was all supposed to be, and super friendly to boot.

Agreed. In fact, my dealer sold an FE one day after they got it. Weird thing is that they were not expecting that FE but Ford sent it to them. They also have a demo for test driving.

Like you I picked up mine on Saturday with barely any issues. Only problem they had was trying to figure out the systems defaulted 46 month vs 47 month Ford Option. Once corrected, all their numbers match and I closed the deal. Also, their final monthly payment was a few dollars close to what we estimated. Plus I added the Tire Care insurance.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

My dealer could not figure out the $-100 for driver assist but said they would take care of it later on. How did they write it up? They thought it was just agreeing that Ford would charge $500 later on and not $600, for sure it's not well documented for the dealers internal systems.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I my dealer could not figure out the $-100 for driver assist but said they would take care of it later on. How did they write it up? They thought it was just agreeing that Ford would charge $500 later on and not $600, for sure it's not well documented for the dealers internal systems.
I was a bit confused on it before too, but people here said it's just a simple $100 discount with no commitment to purchase DA later or not. And it appears that way. Just shows up as a rebate on my paperwork.

Here's the program description I pulled off my incentives page...

Ford Mustang Mach-E I'm going to pick up my MME tomorrow 20210222_101000

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag

Hey Tim, what dealer did you use here in colorado?
Sponsored