Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Well, now that I have time I can tell you about the two long-distance road trips I have taken in my mache.

The first trip was from Louisville to Troy Michigan.
The second trip was from Louisville to Memphis Tennessee for a painting for the wife. It was massive 58 inchs by 48 inchs. It fit in the mache with seats down but it was close. See pic lol.

On the way to Michigan, We stopped two times. Both times no problem with plug and charge.
On the way back 2 stops. Again no problem with plug and charge.

On the trip to Memphis, we stopped 3 times but we could have done it in 2 but I decided to split the difference and stop real quick get to 50% and move on. Plug and charge on this route also worked with no problem.
On the way back 3 stops were enough to make it but I stopped one more time in bowling green for a quick 10% add-in charge just in case needed.

With both trips no problem with plug and charge. Bowling green had a couple of chargers not working and in Memphis one was not working. Not one time was there another BEV charging while we charge. But a few of the places had Telsa chargers close and they were full. The one in Nashville has people waiting in line. Was glad we didn't have to.

All of the chargers were around a Walmart or shopping center. So pull in plugin go to the bathroom and stretch and back on the road. Most of the time when we got back to the mache it was about done anyway. So not really waiting. Overall it was a great learning experience and worked great.

The one leg to Memphis I was going a little fast to see something. A warning came on in the mache saying please reduce speed to reach the destination. So from 85 to 73, I went. Dropping my speed on cruise down. that allowed me to make it with 9% charge left. Speed affects your range. I know most people know but I'm sure some people will be surprised by it.

Many pictures, people asking about the mache. Few nice people wanted to race:cool:. A family with a son with autism wanted to see the car and the boy asked if he could sit inside. No way I could say no as my son has autism also.

No problem with the tires, no problem with the air, or heat from the glass roof. The only thing I hate is when people dive bomb you when your on cruise control and there is a massive loss in speed to keep distance from them. The seats did great no problem with comfort, Did kinda miss aircon seats from my lincoln, but still, it was fine. I also found out the top speed was 115. Think it was in a dream :eek:.

Watch out for trucks losing their load also.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618951015040

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618948376985

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618948452923

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618948606468

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618948768450

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618949622444

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618949645443

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618949667813

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618949747851

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618949685509

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618949698342

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618949711915

Ford Mustang Mach-E Imperator Furiosa Mache Two long road trips How was Fast charging? 1618949779376

Last edited:

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had ventilated seats in my Audi Q5. While they were nice, they weren't 'that' effective and I don't miss them. The MachE A/C seems to work really really well. I'm also impressed with the glass roof. If I put my hand up I feel no heat radiation from the glass. But man, if you touch it? HOT. It's remarkable how the heat does not transfer into the cabin.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Good reports of plug and charge seem to be on the rise. Good news for all.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Good reports of plug and charge seem to be on the rise. Good news for all.
and nothing's changed on the car side. it's almost like the issue wasn't the car all along. ?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
and nothing's changed on the car side. it's almost like the issue wasn't the car all along. ?
My car changed....got stripes. Stripes make everything better. I didn’t realize it would help everyone though. You’re welcome. Wonder how good things will get when I stripe the wife’s car. Hold on to your seats. ?