Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So what does 96.5% State of Health mean exactly?
What do you think that number would be on a brand new vehicle?

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
So what does 96.5% State of Health mean exactly?
What do you think that number would be on a brand new vehicle?

Over time the battery loses some of its original capacity, this battery has 96.5% of the original capacity at 37k miles which is really good.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Over time the battery loses some of its original capacity, this battery has 96.5% of the original capacity at 37k miles which is really good.
Interesting. I wonder how it is able to calculate that measurement? The Ford scanner takes several hours to run the battery health check.
Pretty cool that you get it through your scanner on demand.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Interesting. I wonder how it is able to calculate that measurement? The Ford scanner takes several hours to run the battery health check.
Pretty cool that you get it through your scanner on demand.
It probably isn't on demand. I suspect it is constantly monitoring the HVB and recording the health as you use and charge the car. So all you are doing is pulling down the value that was last calculated.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It probably isn't on demand. I suspect it is constantly monitoring the HVB and recording the health as you use and charge the car. So all you are doing is pulling down the value that was last calculated.
Would love to know more about the constant monitoring. From what I understand, it is a bit more complicated to accurately measure HVB performance. I wonder what the car uses that value for? I don't remember seeing that PID in the Ford system. Do we know which module reports that value?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I’ve had my MME for over a year and half. I ordered a scanner for my car and discovered I’m at 96.5 HVB health. I have a little over 37,000 miles. Original battery of course. Long live my MME!

91F20B66-8624-42B3-BEBB-49C2EE936167.png

80C91F98-4E70-4E7C-AF27-9CD3A021A3C5.png
The health % is meaningless unless we know how it is defined. I have no idea what app that is. That is not a standard Ford parameter, could be meaningless or poorly defined. It could even be mislabeled, maybe it's really the actual SoC? What does it say at 50% SoC?

kWh to empty is the official Ford parameter and it must be checked when the battery is charged to 100% at 25ºC internal temperature, otherwise temp and SoC will affect the reading.

5% pack degradation in the first year of ownership is somewhat normal, decay rate slows after that.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag

Not true, mine with 11 miles and new had 94.5%.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Wow
Just like on my iphone under battery in settings.
well done
Jes sayin

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Not true, mine with 11 miles and new had 94.5%.
Maybe not an issue but by definition not where I would want to start. I think this the metric (80% if I remember correctly) that Ford will use for the 8 year/100000 mile battery warranty.

SoH = State-of-Health
The state-of-health (SoH of a battery describes the difference between a battery being studied and a fresh battery and considers cell aging.

It is defined as the ratio of the maximum battery charge to its rated capacity. It is expressed as a percentage as seen below.

Last edited:

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
The health % is meaningless unless we know how it is defined. I have no idea what app that is.
This is Car Scanner Elm Obd2. Long list of all available parameters is visible when you click All Sensors.

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Mine is at 95.5% after 72000km/44000 miles driving in mostly cold climate. I have monitored it for a while and it was reading 100% of the kwh for the first 60 000km. Now it seems I have lost the addional 3kwh and is back at 88kwh again (all read with battery >25C). This battery pack seems to do do fine. My car has a significant amount og DC charging, so I think it has had a difficult time overall.
Sponsored