KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Today's test ride is much longer (17 minutes), goes on faster roads, more curving roads and shows the turning radius in a U-turn. Again, adaptive cruise control is demonstrated but not one-pedal driving that I showed in the first test ride.

@ChasingCoral
@8:11 into the ride part 2 video, after "gunning" for mark and the previous rider. the range shows 57% and 159 miles = 278.9 Real World Range.. in the m.f.ing rain.
Thanks. I was just getting ready to do the math.
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Ok, one last time. In Unbridled with propulsion sounds on. Have her/him shift into neutral then floor it. thanks

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It appears the wipers aren't rain sensing. That's unfortunate. I'll miss them from my GTI
Per the packaging guide, they are rain sensing. Note in the video that Alex's total experience driving the car started this afternoon.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions and Photos From DC Area Mach-E Tour, 11-21 November Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 8.31.20 PM

In fact, here's a photo of that controller I took today:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions and Photos From DC Area Mach-E Tour, 11-21 November IMG_6280

The image of the windshield with the "A" in it is the automatic setting that operates the rain sensing system. I don't know if Alex had the car set for auto sensing or what the sensitivity was set to.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@ChasingCoral , thanks for the video and write up. When the glass roof is wet, does it show the "orange tint" like Tesla?
I didn't notice such a tint but also didn't look for it.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok, one last time. In Unbridled with propulsion sounds on. Have her/him shift into neutral then floor it. thanks
Sorry, forgot to ask about that.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Today's test ride is much longer (17 minutes), goes on faster roads, more curving roads and shows the turning radius in a U-turn. Again, adaptive cruise control is demonstrated but not one-pedal driving that I showed in the first test ride.

Awesome. Keep them coming! Thank you for the thorough and detailed reviews!
I'm so jealous that they're doing ride-alongs -- I saw those exact two cars (same VIN and plate) on Saturday in PA, and they didn't let us have ride-alongs. :(

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Here's a unique request, if you saw it -- supposedly the car will support Carplay/android auto AND its own navigation simultaneously -- what does that look like? Switching between the windows I'm guessing?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Awesome. Keep them coming! Thank you for the thorough and detailed reviews!
I'm so jealous that they're doing ride-alongs -- I saw those exact two cars (same VIN and plate) on Saturday in PA, and they didn't let us have ride-alongs. :(
That's because the ride-along was in the third car operated by a Ford employee. They'll be doing them at many of the DC area events.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Here's a unique request, if you saw it -- supposedly the car will support Carplay/android auto AND its own navigation simultaneously -- what does that look like? Switching between the windows I'm guessing?
More complex than I was able to try. The navigation ability on the stationary demo cars was limited. While I could ask for directions to some places close by, it couldn't compute something like navigating to Norfolk or Atlanta. Not sure why. That certainly won't be the case in a real car.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Thank you for all of the great pictures, feedback, and all that you have done for this forum. Quick question, next time you are able to visit, would you be able to put a brown paper grocery bag in the frunk? This way it could give an idea of something many of us use and how many groceries could fit in there.

Appreciate it and stay safe!!
I still say bring a golf bag!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Per the packaging guide, they are rain sensing. Note in the video that Alex's total experience driving the car started this afternoon.

In fact, here's a photo of that controller I took today:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions and Photos From DC Area Mach-E Tour, 11-21 November IMG_6280

The image of the windshield with the "A" in it is the automatic setting that operates the rain sensing system. I don't know if Alex had the car set for auto sensing or what the sensitivity was set to.
There's a lot going on there... lol.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Yeah I assume the same - Carplay/Android Auto has it's screen/interface, but switching to the native navigation app would replace what you see.
Sponsored