TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is also showing 843 miles in 8.36 hours. I don't think he actually averaged 100 mph, either.
I didn't notice that. You're right, how does that fit? That doesn't even seem possible.

Not sure what to believe on that screen now.
Sponsored

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
To follow up on what @mattsaradan said, it was great to go for a ride. Rainy days and suburban streets aren't the best place to make it shine. However, Zach provided good examples of the acceleration three times: standing stop, from about 10 mph or so, and up a hill. He demonstrated the one-pedal driving and a few other features. I'm hoping to get a ride-along at a future Tour stop when it won't be raining and can listen to the Unbridled sounds.

We can hear your smile the whole 6 minutes of the video! Thanks for posting.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While we don't know what those frunky little panels are,
img_6037-jpeg.jpg

he was confident they are air and water tight. I couldn't manage to get them open either
My guess is service access points, but not for customers. Maybe a silicon seal that would need to be reapplied by the service dept in the rare case they needed to get into whatever is behind that.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Light Controls
I can confirm the upper two are map light on/off buttons. The lower left turns off all interior lights. The one on the lower right is still uncertain. A Tour guide guessed it turned off the Puddle Lights (@GoGoGadgetMachE's guess) but that seemed to be a guess on his part. @generaltso's guess of disabling the interior lights turning on when doors are opened is possible but when I pressed it I didn't get a response. However, by the time I tested that there were lots of people and I couldn't control the doors.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions and Photos From DC Area Mach-E Tour, 11-21 November img_6037-jpe
I did test that and can confirm it's for the 'door' mode of the lights. Basically, do the lights turn on when you open the door or not... much like how most cars have an on, off and door setting for their interior lights.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
A few other details I forgot to mention:

Seat Adjustments
Not much to add on what others mentioned. It is the 8 position seat adjustment. However, as some have pointed out, the up/down adjustment seems to lift and tilt in a way that is extremely helpful. It also was nice that the seat automatically slides all the way back when you turn the car off. This makes it easy to get out.

Reverse Light
Yes, the reverse light is that light down under the rear bumper, straight below the license plate. It's nice and bright and @mattsaradan and I managed to get this shot right before the Tour guide admonished Matt for putting the car into a drive gear. Thanks Matt!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions and Photos From DC Area Mach-E Tour, 11-21 November IMG_6225

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Matt and I took separate test rides (first and third of the day, respectively) then met afterwards. We proceeded to each kick around the two cars checking out features, asking questions, comparing notes, and doing what we could to resolve some lingering Forum questions.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions and Photos From DC Area Mach-E Tour, 11-21 November IMG_6225
Absolutely brilliant. Thanks you ever so much.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag

Seat Adjustments
Not much to add on what others mentioned. It is the 8 position seat adjustment. However, as some have pointed out, the up/down adjustment seems to lift and tilt in a way that is extremely helpful. It also was nice that the seat automatically slides all the way back when you turn the car off. This makes it easy to get out.

Reverse Light
Yes, the reverse light is that light down under the rear bumper, straight below the license plate. It's nice and bright and @mattsaradan and I managed to get this shot right before the Tour guide admonished Matt for putting the car into a drive gear. Thanks Matt!
Happy to take one for the team!

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag

Seat Adjustments

Reverse Light
IMG_6225.jpeg
Thank you for all of the great pictures, feedback, and all that you have done for this forum. Quick question, next time you are able to visit, would you be able to put a brown paper grocery bag in the frunk? This way it could give an idea of something many of us use and how many groceries could fit in there.

Appreciate it and stay safe!!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Ok Ford, lets update that turn signal sound, it's almost 2021 ? Thanks for the ride along Mark!

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Ok Ford, lets update that turn signal sound, it's almost 2021 ? Thanks for the ride along Mark!
On the Bolt the turn signal sound is a regular click click that sounds like a relay but if you reboot the radio with the turn signal on the sound magically disappears until the radio comes back on (yup the turn signal noise comes out of the speakers and is a pretty faithful representation of a relay click).

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Wow, great video! It's somewhat eerie how identical his dialogue for your ride-a-long was as with my ride-a-long. He almost recited every line word for word the same while I was with him that evening.

He did a great job giving the ride and providing real time feedback about the experiences. I echo everything you commented so far! Keep the feedback coming!!!

The wife and family enjoyed seeing this in person.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has all the other said thank you to both of you. One question for me is in the charge mode set up can you yes or not set up a speed current like on a Tesla in between 8A to 48A. On the Tesla it starts at 5A up to 48A. Thank you if you can check on that. :) And I agree more we see the MME and more we want it fast.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just finished a longer ride in a different route. I’ll post that later today.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has all the other said thank you to both of you. One question for me is in the charge mode set up can you yes or not set up a speed current like on a Tesla in between 8A to 48A. On the Tesla it starts at 5A up to 48A. Thank you if you can check on that. :) And I agree more we see the MME and more we want it fast.
That could be a very important one for people to know very soon too, while they may still be deciding what to do for home charging (especially in the US where the 30% federal tax credit runs out at the end of the year). Could help some decide whether they have to install a new circuit or not (like if they only have a 240V 30A dryer circuit available and need to depend on the car to only draw a max of 24A from it so the 32A charger won't trip the breaker).

I'd add, to confirm it for both 120V and 240V, as they could have separate limits/settings.

kermitfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus RS
Country flag
That charging screen is misleading as it is of one of the stationary demo cars. Don’t count on it for range estimates.
The Stationary demo car is not going to give a accurate reading becuase how people are useing all the systems on the car.
Sponsored