Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
You're definitely right. With the shutters open all the time it's going to look kinda stupid. Ford should have supplied an honest to goodness grill for hot climate customers.

I mean look. I've been seeing @Mach-E VLOG apparel like everywhere now. He has that market cornered.

If we act fast, you and I can corner the Mach-E chrome grills for hot climates aftermarket. Let's do this.
My wife does like to modify her car and your chrome grill reminds me of her latest addition!

(We went to a drive-in concert for Halloween and went overboard with the "car costume" part.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions and Photos From DC Area Mach-E Tour, 11-21 November PXL_20201107_005842249.MP
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Itā€˜s so painful to hear sales people spew incorrect information. The Mach-E starts at $30k? The fully loaded version goes up to $50k?
He's probably counting state and federal credits. NY has a $2000 one, and the fed is $7500. That makes the base MME (before D&H) $42,895 - $7500 fed - $2000 state = $33,395. And a Premium with AWD and ER $54,700 - $7500 fed - $2000 state = $45,200. So he wasn't too far off. Still though, "Starting in the mid-30's after tax credits" would have been a more honest way to say it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
He's probably counting state and federal credits.
I think the only credit involved is the one youā€™re giving him too much of. From my experience, itā€™s far more likely that heā€™s just a typical car salesman that doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Fantastic details. Thank you.
+10 points for a Berkey Creamery grocery bag!! ?

Regarding the headlight moisture, that amount looks perfectly normal. Given the humid weather, and the fact that LEDs don't generate as much heat as a halogen, I'm not surprised some of it is condensing in there. The headlamp housings are vented to the atmosphere and I doubt they'd ever get any worse than that.
Instruction manual says this is normal.

Why is there condensation in the headlamps?
Headlamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure. Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Moisture in Headlight
Not only did I find it in the car being driven around by the regional Ford reps two weeks ago (same one as yesterday and today's ride alongs) but I also see it in this IB Mach E that was one of the two stationary cars for the Tour. Not so much, but still there. I guess this one has been driven in the rain a bit. No surprise as it's rained much of the last 2 days.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions and Photos From DC Area Mach-E Tour, 11-21 November PXL_20201107_005842249.MP

Headlamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure. Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Yep! I also saw that if moisture condenses into droplets and runs, drips, or streaks, then that's an abnormal amount, and the headlight probably isn't venting properly. (Warranty issue). Fine mist is all good in my book.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Here's another video from the 11/11 Baltimore stop, including a ride-along.

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
OP
OP
ChasingCoral