JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My Mach Drop RR FE got delivered to the dealer this morning. Needs no nickname but what the heck - will call it Fury. I liked other names but already taken by members here:).

By the time they cleaned it up it was late in the day and despite all the upfront info I provided, still spent an hour or so at the dealer with finance person figuring things out. It was more me waiting in the car setting up a bit than anything else. In and out in 90 mins. Financing all fine - Xplan, Options incentives and CA incentives I was eligible for all accounted. Dealer had the car charged at 94%.

Odometer 10 miles and I drove 14 miles home in the dark and that was my first drive. I did not even test drive. So far all good. Fury is chilling and at 94% 240 mile range - I set it up to charge at midnight, so will see if it works.

In my first hour with the Fury:

This was my first time driving the vehicle. I did not even test drive. Closed the deal and drive home and that was my first time driving. It was dark, too much traffic , so had to be super careful.

There are lot of posts already about the vehicle, so I will only add a few points.

Rapid Red looks great in person, pictures dont do justice. Will post pictures in day light later.

The initial good stuff:

Deleted Ford Pass and the VIN from garage and added it at the car. Sales person said it was his personal second MME but he seemed knowledgeable.

Activation was fine and we set up PAAK and it worked. iPhone X.

No hum or buzzing from the driver front screen. No visible scratches or damage to the vehicle.

Vehicle is Quiet and it was fun hitting the accelerator and see it take off.

Juice box initially seems to connect and charge - I stopped and set up for midnight. Set up for morning departure time as well - will know if these work tomorrow. Did not try WIFI yet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions of Mach E Fury thumbnail_IMG_0983

Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions of Mach E Fury thumbnail_IMG_0984

Not so good stuff:

Ford connected services did not work, will try again tomorrow. Takes me through a few screens even though it think its an Edge. After telling me it will use CC in Wallet for any charges, it throws an error. WIll see if this gets resolved if I try a few times.

GPS location at home is messed up - it gives an address that is for empty space close by - will need to resolve this.

Wind noise at 55mph although it was only a short distance at that speed. Will have to see if its more at higher speed.

Swirl marks on the black door panels.

Now - has anyone noticed gaps with their front wheel well trims (body colored or black). Sitting down and facing the semi circular wheel trim, on the driver side wheel trim I could see a small gap - only noticed it as there as water drops. Its much tighter on the passenger side. Will take a picture tomorrow. If you press the center portion of that trim (its highest point) you can see it flex quite a bit in the front than in the back. The dealer made a note of that gap in my delivery documents but he was not sure its anything they can fix. We checked a Premium and it seemed to flex a lot on both front sides than on Fury but I could not tell if there was a gap as the trims is all black over the wheels. (Picture tomorrow)

And then - I am sure its not an issue - but I was surprised to see open screws on the inner lining of the wheel wells - you will notice these well on the rear wheels - image below. I am hoping we can find a cover or something for these so that they are not sharp and open . Never seen these on any other vehicles I have had. And the felt material around it - I am not sure if its going to withstand years of driving.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions of Mach E Fury thumbnail_IMG_0991

That is all for now. Will figure out various settings in the next few days. Just glad at this point that the wait is over and fingers crossed that everything works.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The felt wheel well thing’s very odd.

But grats! Car looks beautiful.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Update - Connected services website failed to connect at first but did work after a few hours and I was able to enroll

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Congratulations! Still awaiting my exact same car that is sitting awaiting pickup 60 miles from my dealer!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
That screw doesn't look like it belongs there. Anyone else have one of those sticking out like that?

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
That screw doesn't look like it belongs there. Anyone else have one of those sticking out like that?
Thanks exactly my thoughts. But it’s there on al the other two MMEs on the lot. It’s a copy from Tesla designs based on quick google search

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I saw the same thing on the demo car I drove.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
The felt wheel well thing’s very odd.

But grats! Car looks beautiful.
My wife's 2017 CX5 Grand Touring has that type of wheel well lining. I thought it was odd too but haven't noticed any wear to it yet.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My FE has that same screw sticking out into the wheel well. I thought it was odd as well.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And then - I am sure its not an issue - but I was surprised to see open screws on the inner lining of the wheel wells - you will notice these well on the rear wheels - image below. I am hoping we can find a cover or something for these so that they are not sharp and open . Never seen these on any other vehicles I have had. And the felt material around it - I am not sure if its going to withstand years of driving.

thumbnail_IMG_0991.jpg
This felt inner fender liner is typical of many cars today. My 2014 Escape, 2016 Focus and 2020 GT500 all have this felt liner. That screw that sticks out is a post to push a clip over it so that it holds the liner in place. If you look closely in the above photo you will see a round clip that is pushing back the liner. My Escape has over 120,000 miles and the felt liner is doing just fine. The only issue I see is it tends to grab onto leaves and debris easier than a smooth plastic liner. The reason for the felt liner is for sound deadening which is only needed in the rear wheel wells.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Thanks exactly my thoughts. But it’s there on al the other two MMEs on the lot. It’s a copy from Tesla designs based on quick google search
If it’s a copy from a Tesla design, I wouldn’t worry about it much. It’s bound to fall off the car sooner or later

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
This felt inner fender liner is typical of many cars today. My 2014 Escape, 2016 Focus and 2020 GT500 all have this felt liner. That screw that sticks out is a post to push a clip over it so that it holds the liner in place. If you look closely in the above photo you will see a round clip that is pushing back the liner. My Escape has over 120,000 miles and the felt liner is doing just fine. The only issue I see is it tends to grab onto leaves and debris easier than a smooth plastic liner. The reason for the felt liner is for sound deadening which is only needed in the rear wheel wells.
That's very interesting. I wonder how it fares in snow driving. When I drive in wet slushy snow, a lot gets embedded in the wheel well and I have to try to kick it, poke it, or whatever to get it loose before it freezes into a solid block of ice.

Not my car but an example:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Impressions of Mach E Fury 20170127_170229

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Good to know. It looks like metal screw so I was just worried about a tire and screw but of course both are fixed in place .
Sponsored