First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I tried it once saying "Hey Ford, I need Coffee". Worked well for me. Voice is kinda sultry...her's not mine.
The one I tried had apparently just been driven from Detroit. I asked for the nearest Starbucks and it gave me a list of locations in Detroit. We were in Maryland. Time warp?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Its just another trim. All it really is is a long range Select model. It likely will be the longest range Mach-E by a mile or so due to its configuration.

You can go to ford.com on the Mach-E page, pretend you're ordering one and select the California Route 1 model to see what is in it.

Not just for California--I'm in Michigan and ordered one.
Screenshot 2020-11-06 063023.jpg
With a sun roof.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible (to be replaced by MME RT 1), 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

For those wondering about the reference.
I want to change my answer on my wakeup word from sam jackson to this lady: "Hey you f* cow open the trunk!"

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible (to be replaced by MME RT 1), 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Can you explain what a CA Route 1 model is. Is this a model specific for CA ?
It's a slightly cheaper lesser spec premium extended range rear wheel drive. It has the glass roof and tech package, but does not have heated seats/steering wheel, the bose sound system, or the power trunk. It has 18" wheels with aero covers so it should get a little more range than any model. I'm guessing they call it the "california route 1" because it doesn't have the heated seats and steering wheel, which generally aren't needed in a warm climate like california. There's also a famous highway that runs up the coast of california called "route 1" that has lots of curves and beautiful scenery, so it is a popular place to drive for pleasure.

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
Thanks for great breakdown & thoughts!

I was able to go in and sit/play with car late yesterday in Holyoke Mass. Guys with tour were great & helpful.

I see what you mean about all your observations. I would need to be more meticulous with how I felt about something to provide a great report like this. For me, it will be getting used to how it operates and the tremendous amount of information.

When it gets closer, I will start setting up the screens/settings.

I found the car comfortable and like the look of it more than the videos. My F150 & Escape have the small mic button on steering wheel already so I am used to that.

Looking forward to getting the car in probably February with mid January build date.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2021 Mach-E First Edition (ordered)
Country flag
Sorry could not resist, when I first read the reference I thought of this though...

I feel like we need a whole thread of these 😂

(turn on the captioning for that one - even the person doing the CC was completely confused 😲😂)

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Reaction score
First Name
Susan
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E ordered, Volvo S80
Country flag
I feel like we need a whole thread of these 😂

(turn on the captioning for that one - even the person doing the CC was completely confused 😲😂)
My side hurts and I am crying from laughing so hard this morning. All you funny guys should make your own skit when you have your MME’s. I will be waiting....😹

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2021 Mach-E First Edition (ordered)
Country flag
My side hurts and I am crying from laughing so hard this morning. All you funny guys should make your own skit when you have your MME’s. I will be waiting....😹
nah in real life I'm not this outgoing or funny. Anonymity helps. 😂

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Reaction score
First Name
Susan
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E ordered, Volvo S80
Country flag
nah in real life I'm not this outgoing or funny. Anonymity helps. 😂
True, I am anonymously laughing at things that most people would not expect to see from me. Shhh.. I tell myself I am here for the education aspect but I do enjoy the humor immensely.

Advertisement