Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
They should have jumped it using the frunk to get to the battery. Mine needed to be jumped to get it on the carrier and jumped to get it off. Battery replaced once it got to the dealership.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thanks Mach Lee, I did get the error a second time.

I had seen your charging thread, and was considering giving it a try. But it seemed tricky to figure out which chargers might actually work for this purpose, and which ones don't work, due to automatic shutoff or other feature. Do you know would the one linked below work? Is there one you would recommend?

https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Intelligent-Automatic-Battery-Maintainer/dp/B01H73DFV8/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3DYG49VE9SC8T&keywords=automatic+battery+float+agm+charger&qid=1640238723&s=automotive&sprefix=automatic+battery+float+agm+charger,automotive,104&sr=1-6
Yes, based on the answers it looks like that one will continue to float charge. However you might need a bigger charger to get the battery charged most of the way unless you are okay letting the small charger stay on 3-4 days.

This is my preferred maintainer: https://www.amazon.com/BatteryMINDer-Model-1500-SmarTECHnology-Motorcycles/dp/B00D7HZ6FC/

OP
OP
kram

kram

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache
Occupation
sales
Country flag
It was at the rail lot for 48 weeks, or you ordered 48 weeks ago?
I placed my order March 26th,
Up-date, I walked into the shop this morning and they have the frunk removed and the techs remark was ( he is having the worst day of his life ) This car is for my 93 year old father and I would like to give it to him today (Christmas present )

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Air pump wedges are used thousands upon thousands of times every day on everything from Pintos to Ferrari's. They are a safe way of opening a door just enough to get a long reach in there to unlock it. Let's not scare the guy unnecessarily.
Yes they are because it’s quite literally the only way(except for the Mach-E where you can just pop the frunk). Sometimes you end up with some damage. My last car had said damage and I didn’t notice initially. Being aware of the possibility isn’t a bad thing.

OP
OP
kram

kram

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache
Occupation
sales
Country flag
Yes they are because it’s quite literally the only way(except for the Mach-E where you can just pop the frunk). Sometimes you end up with some damage. My last car had said damage and I didn’t notice initially. Being aware of the possibility isn’t a bad thing.
Just found out no - one has a aftermarket battery that will work in the Mach E - if anyone knows different please let me know - looks like no car for Christmas - hard to grapple with the fact there are only two batteries in the country ?????

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I placed my order March 26th,
Up-date, I walked into the shop this morning and they have the frunk removed and the techs remark was ( he is having the worst day of his life ) This car is for my 93 year old father and I would like to give it to him today (Christmas present )
I hope that I will still be able to drive if I make it to that age!!

OP
OP
kram

kram

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I hope that I will still be able to drive if I make it to that age!!
He remembers driving a Fordson Tractor when he was kid ! kind of neat that he can come full circle to something as the Mach E

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just found out no - one has a aftermarket battery that will work in the Mach E - if anyone knows different please let me know - looks like no car for Christmas - hard to grapple with the fact there are only two batteries in the country ?????
If there are two, what’s the problem? You only need one, right?

OP
OP
kram

kram

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache
Occupation
sales
Country flag
If there are two, what’s the problem? You only need one, right?
[/QUOTE
Yes I only need one of those 2 batteries in the country - at this point I would charter a private jet to get it LOL

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Yes I only need one of those 2 batteries in the country - at this point I would charter a private jet to get it LOL
As mentioned further up in this thread, has the dealer tried to charge the 12V up as much as possible yet? I'd be surprised if that doesn't at least hold enough of a charge to let you drive off the lot. You could come back later for a battery replacement under warranty, although you may need to keep it on a 12V charger at home too.

OP
OP
kram

kram

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache
Occupation
sales
Country flag
As mentioned further up in this thread, has the dealer tried to charge the 12V up as much as possible yet? I'd be surprised if that doesn't at least hold enough of a charge to let you drive off the lot. You could come back later for a battery replacement under warranty, although you may need to keep it on a 12V charger at home too.
They had it on the charger for 3 hours and they claim it will not take a charge at all

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
FORD, PAY ATTENTION HERE PLEASE. I swear, you have no idea how this aggravates me. 2 types of batteries in the whole country? Is this a joke? Grrrrrr.

OP
OP
kram

kram

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache
Occupation
sales
Country flag
FORD, PAY ATTENTION HERE PLEASE. I swear, you have no idea how this aggravates me. 2 types of batteries in the whole country? Is this a joke? Grrrrrr.
Thanks for your support Glenn!
Sponsored