Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
OP, mine did the same -- charged to 100% that night. And driving history was reset. Over time, it'll fix itself again, but the range will never again be as conservative in winter. I think that was the major point of the update.
I got mine yesterday, right before a 300 mile trip. What a major pain. Whereas before, even with the drastically reduced range estimates, I could track it mile for mile. Today was a total crap shoot. I just went with % of battery charge and ignored the range, for the most part. I mean my last full charge before the update was 161 miles, after the update it was 224. I get they reset my history......but instead of using the 67 miles of range it takes to get to my first stop, it used 98, and so forth.
Sponsored

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
Did you guys pay this much attention to your range in ICE vehicles on a daily basis?
I did all the time. I had the "fuel efficiency" gauge in my center display 100% of the time on my Lariat. I found that I watched it more closely, and worked towards lowering my overall Litres/100km ratio as fuel prices went up...

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
I too realized today that my car charged itself up to 100% on its own with this update. I wasn't planning to drive it tomorrow, but I guess I'm going to have to do something to knock it back down.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I too realized today that my car charged itself up to 100% on its own with this update. I wasn't planning to drive it tomorrow, but I guess I'm going to have to do something to knock it back down.
I think everyone is being a bit dramatic when their car is at 100%, it will be fine, thereā€™s still a buffer when itā€™s at 100.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
2 days ago I was charging and got the 3.6.2 update and it charged my car to 100% (it was set to 85%). Now the percentage is barely going down as I drive. Iā€™m showing 217 miles distance at 83% on a a route 1 which I believe should be a lower percentage at that mileage.
my question is am I going to have a problem charging it to 85% since Iā€™m only at 83% now? Is there a fix for this? On top of that I just got the 4.1.1 update this morning.
3.6.2 probably resets your driving history, and also resets the BMS. It will take a few weeks of driving for the readings to settle down. I wouldn't worry about the numbers shown on the screen too much, they're both estimates.

OP
OP
Kkbrit

Kkbrit

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Iā€™m concerned that it will charge to 100% and not be a full battery since I have a longer trip coming up. I deleted the location, plugged in and reselected the location. It shows at 207 miles and will take an hour to charge to 85%. That wonā€™t be an accurate 85%. I feel like Iā€™m flying blind.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Iā€™m concerned that it will charge to 100% and not be a full battery since I have a longer trip coming up. I deleted the location, plugged in and reselected the location. It shows at 207 miles and will take an hour to charge to 85%. That wonā€™t be an accurate 85%. I feel like Iā€™m flying blind.
Estimated charging times will also be affected until the BMS learns. Charge targets are accurate once charging finishes since they are based on actual pack voltage targets. 85% will be 85% once charging finishes. 100% will always be 100% once it finishes. You will not actually lose miles on a trip. Go drive it down below 20% then charge it back up to 100% if you're concerned, that will calibrate the BMS. More: HV Battery Calibration Procedure

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I got mine yesterday, right before a 300 mile trip. What a major pain. Whereas before, even with the drastically reduced range estimates, I could track it mile for mile. Today was a total crap shoot. I just went with % of battery charge and ignored the range, for the most part. I mean my last full charge before the update was 161 miles, after the update it was 224. I get they reset my history......but instead of using the 67 miles of range it takes to get to my first stop, it used 98, and so forth.
You touched on reality, but then you veered off. Your Mach-E didn't use 67 miles of range or 98, it used miles per kilowatt that is easily seen on your display. That, times the battery size, is your range, which the GOM should reflect soon enough if you drove 300 miles.

Last edited:

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
Same, mine charged to 100% after receiving one of those updates. Re-selecting my home location in FordPass resovled it on the next plug-in.

However, I don't know whether driving history was reset or they made the GOM alot more optimistic because my range numbers are higher and stayed higher.
Although the higher number makes me feel better, when I look more closely and see its going down 2x for every 1x mile driven, that isn't very helpful at all.
I ended up resetting my driving history right before I got 3.6.2 and after I go the update my range went up another 20miles or so.