Incentives in WA for a BEV/EV purchase in 2021

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
and no u can’t avoid the tax by buying out of state. They will require payment of the sales tax upon registration of it’s not already paid. And if you’re in the transit zone, your tabs will cost you over $700 additional based on value of the car.
I specifically said counties. There is absolutely no reason why you can't buy the Mach-E from a dealer in Clallam or Skagit counties so you can save 1.5% or more in taxes.

Northwest Chevrolet in unincorporated Pierce Co. advertises their 8.2% sales taxes for this reason.

U-Village Tesla store will happily arrange deliveries in Spokane so you can avoid Seattle sales taxes.
Sponsored

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I specifically said counties. There is absolutely no reason why you can't buy the Mach-E from a dealer in Clallam or Skagit counties so you can save 1.5% or more in taxes.

Northwest Chevrolet in unincorporated Pierce Co. advertises their 8.2% sales taxes for this reason.

U-Village Tesla store will happily arrange deliveries in Spokane so you can avoid Seattle sales taxes.
This is all true. Not sure why my post quoted yours. Wasn’t replying to you. Cheers!

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
We live in Bellevue and ordered our FE from Dwayne Lane Ford in Burlington, WA. Tax rate only 8.5%. Saved hundreds of dollars in taxes and worth the 1 hour drive! Actually picked up the Mach E yesterday and drove home in traffic with one pedal driving. Great!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
We live in Bellevue and ordered our FE from Dwayne Lane Ford in Burlington, WA. Tax rate only 8.5%. Saved hundreds of dollars in taxes and worth the 1 hour drive! Actually picked up the Mach E yesterday and drove home in traffic with one pedal driving. Great!
Nice. I know I'm not the only one to have reserved thru them from Seattle. I'd happily buy local if a local store matched the OTD price.
Sponsored