Inconsistent behavior (doors, mirrors, and driver’s seat)

GadgetTech

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E Primium Shadow Black
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The seat thing seems to be a known issue, it's not a huge deal but I do notice if I'm on an incline it almost never works, so that may be a hint it stops when it feels resistance of some sort, maybe it's just a bit too sensitive.
Honestly I think your on to something here. I just caught myself adjusting in the seat as soon as it tried to go forward and it stopped. I wonder if I move around just enough during the transition it stops the movement as a safety but maybe too sensitive.
Sponsored

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this on my end.
It's refreshing to see the car manufacturer responding in this way in a public forum. I've never seen that with Tesla.

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Rapid Red - Std Battery, RWD
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this on my end.
same issue with us - never really works correctly and consistently. had since 1/22

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I have tried with just the fob, with Paak, and both. I’ve closed out the Ford Pass app, I’ve made sure the fob is not able to interfere with the Paak by blocking it’s ability to communicate with the car. I’ve deleted the app from my phone as well as reset the car‘s memory. Seat moves about an inch then stops or moves to profile setting With no regularity whatsoever.
I get the impression that PaaK opens the door but doesn’t set the profile until I start the car.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We've had ours since July of 21 and same behavior -- seat will randomly go to the wrong settings, sometimes, for my wife and I as we unlock the driver's door. Sometimes, the car might be justifiably confused, with both of us in-range of the car, but it happens plenty when she or I are out-and-about solo and the other is not-present.

I have the 21P22 update (fast charging through 90% - done with my glass recalls) but am stuck way back at broken-pre-1.7.1 land (no paint/etc apps) and not getting OTA updates for more than 6 months. I'd hoped for the April get-your-bluecruise-update-at-the-dealer letter but so far that hasn't arrived, nor landed in my fordpass inbox, so I haven't tried to get my dealer to look into that yet.

I've wondered if it is 2-fob related (ours came with one, the dealer who sold it to us got us a second MME fob), or fob+paak related (I have both), but haven't ever found consistent replication conditions. Wife gets it remaining in my settings and she's original-fob-no-paak.

It isn't always first-trip-of-the-day for us. Sometimes it'll try to squash me when I/we return to the car when out and about. Sometimes she'll take a trip earlier in the day and I'll go later and get squashed.

It wouldn't be so annoying, but she sits way forward (short legs) and I sit all the way back it'll go (long legs). I can't get in the car if it is forward more than half way so it is a real pisser if it does that when I'm trying to get in while parallel parked and have an opening, when raining, etc.

I'm a software engineer by trade, so if there was anything consistent and obvious about the behavior, I'd think I'd have spotted it. Not a guarantee of course, but I'm usually pretty good at debugging issues just by the problem description, even if I don't know the code in question very well.

The Quiet Man

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 MINI Cooper S, Grabber Blue Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Having a good time ?
Country flag
My problems with the seat issue is no longer. When starting the car, according to the owners manual, you are to press the START button while depressing the brake pedal, but if you use too much pressure it causes the seat motor to shut down. I tried slightly depressing the brake pedal and the seat repositions correctly every time. No issues unless I put the pedal to the floor.

Got this idea from an earlier post. Don't remember who, but THANK YOU!

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I had the same problem in my 2020 Explorer and now in the Mach E as well. I did the same thing I did in my Explorer to workaround the issue. (You can only do this if you have only need to program 2 memory positions for 2 drivers in your household)

1. Turn OFF Easy Entry/Exit
2. Set Memory position 1 and 2 to respective drivers
3. Set Memory position 3 to an Exit position you like the seat to be which makes it convenient for you to get out.

Once you get in the car, press memory 1 Or 2 to get it in driving position. Then when you park and ready to get out, just press memory position 3 to get it to the exit position.

No one was able to figure out why the memory position has a problem so I gave up and just use this workaround, works flawlessly every time.

Mach-Evan

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e GT / F-150 Lightning res.
Country flag
My wife and I have this same issue with our MME-GT with seat memory. We each followed the process to setup our driver profiles and link them to our key fobs and phones. About half the time when one of gets in the car, the seat/mirrors/etc moves to the other. Also the Active Profile changes at will. We've played with it a lot. Profile 1 will be linked to Key 1 and Phone 1 and the next day Profile 1 will be linked to Key 2 but still Phone 1. Usually at the beginning of the next day, but can happen anytime, it will be a random switch again, like Profile 2 will be linked to Key 1 and No phone at all anymore.

REALLY frustrating! While my wife and I were road-tripping with it and took turns driving, the only saving grace are the regular "old" 1/2/3 buttons for memory. Thankfully those have never seemed to change. In all the Fords we've owned, we set them up the same so we're used to using those buttons.

It really sucks if it decides I'm my wife after I get in. I'm a built like a football player at 6'3" and she's rather petite and 5'4" 🤣
Sponsored