Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Today, when I started my Mach E, there was a symbol at the top line of the screen of a bar with a check mark on top. Later, I remembered to click it to see if it meant anything useful. It, after stopping at several stop signs and stop lights, announced that my car had successfully up dated to OTA 2.1.0. It had the short description of the update.

When OTA !.7.0 up dated, I received a nice note on my FordPass App notifying me of the change with a description. There was nothing in the car.

It would help if Ford set a consistent style to their OTA's. Stick to one style of announcement. Go with either the car announcement or a full announcement in the FordPass app. Do not switch from one to the other at the whim of the programmer.

Similarly, be consistent with how OTA's are sent out. Send them out first by cell phone then follow up with Wi-Fi. Better yet, keep a record of which works better for each car. If the car reports that the last two OTA's successfully updated using Wi-Fi, but not with cell phone, then go ahead and use the Wi-Fi first. I am retired. I drive maybe three days a week. So waiting to cell phone update, while I drive around town, will only delay my updates. On the other hand, if I commute to work everyday, then cell phone updates may work better for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Today, when I started my Mach E, there was a symbol at the top line of the screen of a bar with a check mark on top. Later, I remembered to click it to see if it meant anything useful. It, after stopping at several stop signs and stop lights, announced that my car had successfully up dated to OTA 2.1.0. It had the short description of the update. In addition, there was a one line announcement on my FordPass app stating "updated 1 hour ago". Clicking it did not go to a description of any kind.
When OTA !.7.0 up dated, I received a nice note on my FordPass App notifying me of the change with a description. There was nothing in the car.

It would help if Ford set a consistent style to their OTA's. Stick to one style of announcement. Go with either the car announcement or a full announcement in the FordPass app. Do not switch from one to the other at the whim of the programmer.

Similarly, be consistent with how OTA's are sent out. Send them out first by cell phone then follow up with Wi-Fi. Better yet, keep a record of which works better for each car. If the car reports that the last two OTA's successfully updated using Wi-Fi, but not with cell phone, then go ahead and use the Wi-Fi first. I am retired. I drive maybe three days a week. So waiting to cell phone update, while I drive around town, will only delay my updates. On the other hand, if I commute to work everyday, then cell phone updates may work better for me.
You should get both. Sometimes notifications on the app are delayed, because the car has to send the signal to ford's systems that its done. The car doesn't seem to commuicate back while driving.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Meanwhile I had my first "Update was not successful" for 1.7.0.
It says "The vehicle will try again automatically when a new update is pushed to the vehicle". This was 3 days ago and it hasn't tried updating since.
Does that mean I don't get 1.7?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP seems to think that a cellular update can't happen while the car is parked. That's not correct - unless there is no cellular reception there.
Sponsored