Infinite Blue and Carbonized Gray no longer available?

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I'm no expert and have no inside info, but I can say with pretty good certainty that after Ford chose these colors, prepared all the brochures and assorted marketing materials, took reservations and orders, and now has discontinued two colors - in the middle of the first year of building this car - it's because of some supply chain issue. Nothing else makes any sense.

Advertisement

COLabLover

First Name
Pam
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Dark Matter Gray is my pick for my GT PE, but I’m honestly disappointed. It was a GT only color. I would rather it be more rare.
That would have been really cool for the First Editions to be a color that isn't available in other versions.

TheSingleton

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E AWD Premium ER
Country flag
I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago and ordered a Mach E Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue Metallic on April 16th. Received a call from my dealer today confirming that Infinite Blue Metallic and Carbonized Gray are no longer available. This is odd in my mind given the Mach E Forums Registry shows 40% of all orders are in these two colors (must be a supply issue of some sort). Switched to Iconic Silver as a replacement but much preferred the Infinite Blue Metallic.

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Dark Matter Gray ER AWD ordered
Country flag
So, my dealer finally called and confirmed that Infinite Blue is gone forever. Even though my order was in before the cutoff date, I will have to select another color. The dealer gave me three options on how to proceed. He said that I can select another color, get a refund of my deposit, or just keep the order in indefinite hold status until the 2022 colors are released. What are your opinions for a replacement color? Have any of you seen Dark Matter Grey in person? If so, what did you think of it. It is probably my second choice and Iconic Silver my third. My current car is bright red, so I really want something different. I look forward to your responses.

Mickey the T

Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago and ordered a Mach E Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue Metallic on April 16th. Received a call from my dealer today confirming that Infinite Blue Metallic and Carbonized Gray are no longer available. This is odd in my mind given the Mach E Forums Registry shows 40% of all orders are in these two colors (must be a supply issue of some sort). Switched to Iconic Silver as a replacement but much preferred the Infinite Blue Metallic.
Had you received a build week yet? I also have an IB on order, but have a build date the week of May 23 and so far, nothing yet.

Sorry you had to change...my second choice would have been Carbonized Gray if that hadn't also been discontinued. Might do Iconic Silver as well.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3
Country flag
or just keep the order in indefinite hold status until the 2022 colors are released.
Hmmm...

I was not given this option. I was told that I can switch color at any point even up to shipping and they will switch my reservation if another color is released. So I picked Red rather then get pushed to the end of the line indefinitely. Will have to see if I want to switch when more colors are released.

When does ford typically release model year info?

RockwallRick

Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram, Ford C-Max
Country flag
Me and my wife stopped by our Ford dealer today with our paperwork in hand showing DMG for the exterior color. We ordered a CG on April 7. They placed a call to the man who does their orders. He personally guaranteed that we WILL get the color we ordered. In fact he ordered the same exact car for himself which is due to be built two weeks before ours. Anyway, my Wife has calmed down for now!!

generaltso

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Me and my wife stopped by our Ford dealer today with our paperwork in hand showing DMG for the exterior color. We ordered a CG on April 7. They placed a call to the man who does their orders. He personally guaranteed that we WILL get the color we ordered. In fact he ordered the same exact car for himself which is due to be built two weeks before ours. Anyway, my Wife has calmed down for now!!
When there’s a discrepancy in information from Ford and what you‘re told by a dealer, the dealer is almost always wrong. Just throwing it out there.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2018 Chevrolet Bolt Premium, On Order Mach-e Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer - Nuclear
Country flag
It would be nice to see Antimatter Blue Metallic that was announced for the Mustang.

1620184087682.png

Image take from FordAuthority.com

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Dark Matter Gray ER AWD ordered
Country flag
Well, today I went to the dealer and officially changed my order to Dark Matter Gray Metallic. So long, Infinite Blue. I hardly knew you.

RockwallRick

Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram, Ford C-Max
Country flag
Just wondering if there is anyone out there that actually had a car come in with the wrong color? Our dealer flat out guarantees that we will get what we ordered!

Advertisement

Advertisement