Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Parking brake issue? How/why? Have there been many others?
This car uses the same rear brakes as many other Fords so I think this is an isolated issue. The specific problem is this car has an electronically engaged parking brake and for some reason mine engaged without being turned on and wouldn't go back into neutral.I dragged the calipers 1200 miles or so so warped rotors bad pads ETC. I did take the car in a Ford dealer in Joliet when I was on the road and they said it was safe to drive.
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Parking brake issue? How/why? Have there been many others?
Ok my car is ready for pickup and the dealer has it sorted. As it turns out the wire harness for the parking brake was not installed properly from the factory and water corroded the connection. It has been cleaned, rotors turned, pads deglazed. Parts would have been replaced but are on national backorder

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Ok my car is ready for pickup and the dealer has it sorted. As it turns out the wire harness for the parking brake was not installed properly from the factory and water corroded the connection. It has been cleaned, rotors turned, pads deglazed. Parts would have been replaced but are on national backorder
VERY INTERESTING
.... I'd be even more interested to know the exact location of the connection, so I can check mine!

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
VERY INTERESTING
.... I'd be even more interested to know the exact location of the connection, so I can check mine!
Hopefully that's in the notes if not I will ask for a little more info. The car won't be picked back up until Friday as I am out of town for business.

It's event that caused the issue was a incredible rain storm. It was so bad it was hard to see the road at times, I drove a lot 3 hours through the storm and by the time I got to Chicago the warning light for parking brake was on. And by the way ford was not kidding around with the warning alarm it flashed and made noise.

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hopefully that's in the notes if not I will ask for a little more info. The car won't be picked back up until Friday as I am out of town for business.

It's event that caused the issue was a incredible rain storm. It was so bad it was hard to see the road at times, I drove a lot 3 hours through the storm and by the time I got to Chicago the warning light for parking brake was on. And by the way ford was not kidding around with the warning alarm it flashed and made noise.

hhhmmmm, well when you get it back, ask the Service mech to explain where the connection is and maybe start a thread on this topic specifically so others can do a proactive check of their connectors ?!

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
hhhmmmm, well when you get it back, ask the Service mech to explain where the connection is and maybe start a thread on this topic specifically so others can do a proactive check of their connectors ?!
Sounds good, I will do just that

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I posted the dealer's notes and my receipt for service in the issues section the service tech was not there when I picked it up, however, the notes are quite extensive.

and I have already seen a response that others have had this issue.

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Rolling out of a local Cars & Coffee after a morning of questions from the curious to the interested.

i-kdMw9gS-L.jpg

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I'm officially a member of the club! More pics to follow. ??

20210726_114941.jpg

20210726_131256.jpg

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E INFINITE BLUE METALLIC Mach-E Club 20210726_131256
Yeah! I know you've been waiting a long time. Thrilled that wait is over and you get to enjoy your Mach-E.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Yeah! I know you've been waiting a long time. Thrilled that wait is over and you get to enjoy your Mach-E.
Thanks. It wasn't too bad. Only 4 months. A drop in the bucket compared to some. ;) :cool:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

20210726_114941.jpg

20210726_131256.jpg
Thanks. It wasn't too bad. Only 4 months. A drop in the bucket compared to some. ;) :cool:
It's about damn time, Mike!

Kidding... Your wait was almost reasonable. ;) Still, I'm sure it felt too long!

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I guess I've seen your name here so often, it seemed like a long time. :D ;):rolleyes: