JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yup that is not blue but reflection of blue sky on gray - if its really blue - i would not be impressed
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Found a FMME Infinite Blue PNG file and used one of my sunset photos for the background.

i-4bdVdNp-M.jpg

Added a smaller version to my Signature.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I looked around for MME touch-up paint.

I found this site, automotivetouchup.com/, and ordered the infinite blue metallic they list. It is the same code as listed for the 2021 Lincoln Aviator.

Walmart offers a spray paint kit for $50 that includes the base coat and clearcoat. Walmart Spray Paint

IRL the touch-up looks darker than the MME in the tattoo parlor pics. On a paint color scanner it reads as a mineral gray. Closest wall paint match is Olympic Colors Of Inspiration Black Flame D46-6.

Ford Mustang Mach-E INFINITE BLUE METALLIC Mach-E Club IMG_6856

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Made a big decision. I will be leaving the Infinite Blue Group and joining Rapid Red.

Originally was leaning towards the red but was concerned that would be everyone's choice, so went with what I thought would be something less popular. Now that I know that, at least among the sample here on macheforum, blue is even more popular and learning that the blue is more gray than I hoped, having seen the touch up paint, I am jumping ship.

Contacted my dealer this morning, GSM contacted me back after making the change with a printout of the order preview from Ford. Within 8 minutes FMC emailed me confirmation of the order update....same reservation date and number.

Anyone wants some IB touch up paint....give me a holler

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Made a big decision. I will be leaving the Infinite Blue Group and joining Rapid Red.

Originally was leaning towards the red but was concerned that would be everyone's choice, so went with what I thought would be something less popular. Now that I know that, at least among the sample here on macheforum, blue is even more popular and learning that the blue is more gray than I hoped, having seen the touch up paint, I am jumping ship.

Contacted my dealer this morning, GSM contacted me back after making the change with a printout of the order preview from Ford. Within 8 minutes FMC emailed me confirmation of the order update....same reservation date and number.

Anyone wants some IB touch up paint....give me a holler
The the members here are active, you need to keep in mind that this is only a very small percentage of actual MME orders. It may or may not match all the actual orders and what is on the roads 6...9...12 months after the initial deliveries.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
The the members here are active, you need to keep in mind that this is only a very small percentage of actual MME orders. It may or may not match all the actual orders and what is on the roads 6...9...12 months after the initial deliveries.
Thanks....

I think I mentioned "at least among the sample here on macheforum". I am well aware that the ~230 orders reported here are a biased sample among the 50,000 Ford hopes to sell, produce & distribute worldwide over the next few months.

BTW that is a tilde; it indicates an approximation. No need to explain that the number of orders reported here might go up or down as we move forward in time.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks....

I think I mentioned "at least among the sample here on macheforum". I am well aware that the ~230 orders reported here are a biased sample among the 50,000 Ford hopes to sell, produce & distribute worldwide over the next few months.

BTW that is a tilde; it indicates an approximation. No need to explain that the number of orders reported here might go up or down as we move forward in time.
This was from back in March, but here's the map of most popular colors reserved.

https://thenewswheel.com/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-colors-and-trends/

Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-state-by-state-colors-1024x576.jpg

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup that is not blue but reflection of blue sky on gray - if its really blue - i would not be impressed
I agree. I am glad I headed for the exits and did not wait for my Mach-E...Infinite Blue. I went with a 2019 silver I-PACE and have not regretted it. I have been driving it for 2 months at a net price of $52,500 after the Tax Credit.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This could be the most enigmatic color of the color choices. Looks OK here but looks like the color varies significantly based on the angle of sun/brightness and so on.
Other than under the terrible lights in the auto show pictures, the Infinite Blue has actually looked pretty consistent to me. It's a very dull, muted blue. If it was better, I might have chosen it. But it looks more like something an older buyer looking for a Cadillac or Continental would want. More subtle, and the opposite of flashy.

They could have called it Boring Blue.

Ford Mustang Mach-E INFINITE BLUE METALLIC Mach-E Club 2021-mach-e-infinite-blue-outdoors-

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Other than under the terrible lights in the auto show pictures, the Infinite Blue has actually looked pretty consistent to me. It's a very dull, muted blue. If it was better, I might have chosen it. But it looks more like something an older buyer looking for a Cadillac or Continental would want. More subtle, and the opposite of flashy.

Ford Mustang Mach-E INFINITE BLUE METALLIC Mach-E Club 2021-mach-e-infinite-blue-outdoors-
Haha I like that boring blue -- apt in my mind - I reserved this in Premium thinking it would be a cool color but it is a bit bland.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Its not "Boring Blue" its "Sleeper Blue" as in not flashy so people don't know there is a Mustang next to them until its far ahead of them :cool:

I still prefer it (and haven't changed my order away from it).
Sponsored