mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What year did you buy, and how did you get it for $60K?
It was last model year clearance. The dealerships were giving about $25k off MSRP for the 2019 models as recent as a few months ago. The bare bottom model trim was as low as $48k BEFORE any tax rebates, and the high end models were about ~$65k

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It was last model year clearance. The dealerships were giving about $25k off MSRP for the 2019 models as recent as a few months ago. The bare bottom model trim was as low as $48k BEFORE any tax rebates, and the high end models were about ~$65k
Oh man....you’ve got me thinking twice. I need to test drive one. How do you like it. Please give your impressions/experiences.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Oh man....you’ve got me thinking twice. I need to test drive one. How do you like it. Please give your impressions/experiences.
I bought an I-Pace at the end of May and cancelled my Mach E GT reservation.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-vs-i-pace.750/page-7#post-16265

The car has been just terrific. The car just feels great to drive, is incredibly fast, luxurious (in a more traditional way compared to Tesla Model 3 and the Mach E), handling is great, range is about 250 miles. There are some quirks, especially with the infotainment system, not as high tech as the Tesla and what is expected from the Mach E with it's big center panel interface. It looks like they are addressing some of that on the 2021 model.

If you want a luxurious, exclusive (not many on the road), and just a great car to drive, the I-Pace won't steer you wrong. Check out the I-Pace forum and you'll see a lot of details on the great, the quirky, and some that have had problems, most of which seems to have been growing pains with the new 2019 EV (a bit of that probably still going on, but much better it seems).

The I-Pace is a completely different vibe compared to the Mach E or the various Tesla models. Tough to put my finger on it, but it has a personality of its own. Lots of reviews, written and video, to research if you are interested. Check them out.

Good luck to you no matter what you decide!

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately, I think that boat has sailed. All the Jaguar/Landrover dealers around me that had inventory don't show any now. At 2019 clearance prices it was worth looking at, but the full MSRP is way too much $70-90k (at least for me). If I was going to spend 70k, I would wait for the Mach-E GT no questions.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Unfortunately, I think that boat has sailed. All the Jaguar/Landrover dealers around me that had inventory don't show any now. At 2019 clearance prices it was worth looking at, but the full MSRP is way too much $70-90k (at least for me). If I was going to spend 70k, I would wait for the Mach-E GT no questions.
Might still be worth a check. I heard there were some pretty good deals on 2020 models as well, but maybe not like the 2019's. 2020 prices may also come down a bit when the 2021's come out.

I also searched nationwide when I was looking. With those discounts, flying and driving it back or having it shipped was on the table. Might still be some 2019's out there somewhere.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Might still be worth a check. I heard there were some pretty good deals on 2020 models as well, but maybe not like the 2019's. 2020 prices may also come down a bit when the 2021's come out.

I also searched nationwide when I was looking. With those discounts, flying and driving it back or having it shipped was on the table. Might still be some 2019's out there somewhere.
Sounds like a great business plan for Jaguar - only sell them when hugely discounted. Bring out a new model year having sold very few of the prior year model, and THEN finally sell stock of prior year at big discounts. Not a big future for that selling model.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Sounds like a great business plan for Jaguar - only sell them when hugely discounted. Bring out a new model year having sold very few of the prior year model, and THEN finally sell stock of prior year at big discounts. Not a big future for that selling model.
I think you might be a little too pessimistic. COVID-19 did and is still doing tough things for selling cars, especially expensive cars. Mach E might be in that same boat once they pass the initial enthusiasts. I'm sure Jaguar is responding to the new market conditions, but in the meantime 2019's especially and 2020's possibly will be pretty great buys. Jaguar is also not a "volume" automaker. Ford sells more of some of their models then Jaguar sells in their entire lineup.

Lots of people bought the I-Pace when it first came out with little or no discount and are are "disappointed" to see the big discounts that came less than a year later. It's a great car and right now it can potentially give those interested an incredibly unusual opportunity. It's not for everyone, but that's why there are so many different dealerships around to choose from.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'd love to see a picture of one of the infinite blue MME's fully detailed and ready for a photo shoot.
(fingers crossed) I'm hoping to post a photo of mine in 4-6 months. Look for it on here.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I'm hoping that Ford counts up all the Rt1's and determines that it can use about 2 hours to build them all right after all the FE's are built... So I'll post a pic of mine sometime in Nov... right ;)

Wishful thinking, no??

Last edited: