JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The metallic clear coat is what drew me to this color, for THIS reason. I like the idea that each time I see the car, it will look a bit different/new while it mildly reflect its surroundings.

The other offering with metallic tinted clearcoat is the Rapid Red. I think it looks fantastic in certain photos. It's just that when I see them in the wild I am less enthusiastic about it. There are times when my eyes see it as hot pink or just pink. Same thing happens with the Mazda Red but overall, the Mazda implementation is much better.
Agree - if it comes close to Mazda Red i will be thrilled as my MachDrop FE is Rapid Red.

My Premium reservation is Infinite Blue with lighter interior and the recent pictures indicate the possibility that it will be a great color as well.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Actually yes. The average temperature on Maunakea (or Mauna Kea if you're clinging to the old name) is -2C (28F for those in the USA or Myanmar). There is snow up there a good deal of the time. That's where all the observatories are and while most of the astronomers work remotely in either Waimea or Hilo, all the engineers and technicians need to be up there regularly. Hence snow plows.

Maunakea is 4,207 meters high (13,803 ft for the metrically challenged), with another 20,000 ft/6,100m below sea level. Big ol (dormant) Volcano. Now picture an infinite blue AWD ER MME up here ... next summer. ;)

snow plow 1.jpg
snow plow 2.jpg
I drove up there one summer a few years ago on vacation - it was great especially seeing all the high altitude warnings as you drive up

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Agree - if it comes close to Mazda Red i will be thrilled as my MachDrop FE is Rapid Red.

My Premium reservation is Infinite Blue with lighter interior and the recent pictures indicate the possibility that it will be a great color as well.
Mazda Soul Red Crystal is the most amazing paint color ever in my opinion and nothing Ford has comes close. I do like Rapid Red though. You can see it on dealer lots today on other vehicles.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Actually yes. The average temperature on Maunakea (or Mauna Kea if you're clinging to the old name) is -2C (28F for those in the USA or Myanmar). There is snow up there a good deal of the time. That's where all the observatories are and while most of the astronomers work remotely in either Waimea or Hilo, all the engineers and technicians need to be up there regularly. Hence snow plows.

Maunakea is 4,207 meters high (13,803 ft for the metrically challenged), with another 20,000 ft/6,100m below sea level. Big ol (dormant) Volcano. Now picture an infinite blue AWD ER MME up here ... next summer. ;)

snow plow 1.jpg
snow plow 2.jpg
Take a drone with you on a very calm day.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder how much of the difference in colors we're seeing is due to the metallic clear coat rather than the underlying color base coat?

Idle curiosity is all.
And how much from the auto-white balance on the camera?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
so one pedal driving mode will have the same effect as L on downgrades I guess.
Same effect but different way of doing it. My guess is in L w/o one pedal you can take your foot off the go pedal and the car will try to hold that speed. In one pedal, if you took your foot off the car would stop so you have to basically adjust it to the speed you want to go at.

Just a guess.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Here is my try to correct white balance and colors of this oversaturated image.

Ford Mustang Mach-E INFINITE BLUE METALLIC Mach-E Club 121978250_10158920113324136_4113147189134972316_n
This picture right here is the reason why I wont be devestated if my machdrop FE falls through (due to incompetenace of my dealer), and I end up with my original Premium Infinite Blue selection.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
The reason “L” has no effect when in one pedal mode is that one pedal mode is too strong to keep you at a steady speed on a downhill road. One pedal will bring you to a stop on that descent. “L” is only to keep your speed from increasing. In 1-P mode just set the cruise.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yes I posted that thread. My question is will the wrap plates go on that middle black part? Is it smooth? Would i be blocking something?
Wonder if wrap plate would fit to left or right of that cutout below on the bumper part