Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Road line painter
Country flag
Holy crap the Mach e looks much smaller then I expected, maybe it’s the big truck behind it or the car in front of it? Anyone know what car that is? The Mach e seems to be a bit smaller then that car too.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Holy crap the Mach e looks much smaller then I expected, maybe it’s the big truck behind it or the car in front of it? Anyone know what car that is? The Mach e seems to be a bit smaller then that car too.
Looks like a Subaru Outback, and yeah, it DOES look a lot smaller than expected!

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
I saw it live and yes it is a lot smaller than you expect. Almost looks like a car not a SUV. I was a little surprised.

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
I saw it live and yes it is a lot smaller than you expect. Almost looks like a car not a SUV. I was a little surprised.
That picture was from Vaughn Ford in Canada last week.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Infiniti Blue Mach-E at Filson flagship store Seattle Friday October 23, 2020 PXL_20201028_190507517

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
This feels like the kind of thing some people will be super happy with and some people won't be happy with. Smaller is more coupe-ish but it's being called an SUV by Ford, which brings a certain expectation.

There's posts on the different threads about the tour where there's people who have done formal measurements (cargo space) and informal (rear seating leg room) and it seems like this will be a case where not everyone will be happy. For me, personally, something Escape-ish, which the numbers and some of the threads say is the case, is about what I want - I'm not too concerned with "OMG SUV MUSTANG EBIL!!!!11!!!11!!!!!!!!2!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!" but I am concerned with it being too big.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
This feels like the kind of thing some people will be super happy with and some people won't be happy with. Smaller is more coupe-ish but it's being called an SUV by Ford, which brings a certain expectation.
I think the EPA is forcing Ford to call it an SUV.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

There's posts on the different threads about the tour where there's people who have done formal measurements (cargo space) and informal (rear seating leg room) and it seems like this will be a case where not everyone will be happy. For me, personally, something Escape-ish, which the numbers and some of the threads say is the case, is about what I want - I'm not too concerned with "OMG SUV MUSTANG EBIL!!!!11!!!11!!!!!!!!2!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!" but I am concerned with it being too big.
If you are concerned about being too big and prefer smaller size, the Mach E is on the smaller side, I felt it is more like a raised sedan like an Accord. Its smaller than Honda CRV for some comparison. Based on some posts last week in other threads its much closer to say a Jaguar ipace I think.

Now the definition of too big or too small is relative to individual definition of what is big or small.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
If you are concerned about being too big and prefer smaller size, the Mach E is on the smaller side, I felt it is more like a raised sedan like an Accord. Its smaller than Honda CRV for some comparison. Based on some posts last week in other threads its much closer to say a Jaguar ipace I think.

Now the definition of too big or too small is relative to individual definition of what is big or small.
yeah I realize I didn't phrase that well. I meant "it would be a problem if it was too big." It doesn't seem like that's a concern here.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
yeah I realize I didn't phrase that well. I meant "it would be a problem if it was too big." It doesn't seem like that's a concern here.
SHould not be a concern. Honestly I would have preferred slightly more space in the rear just because I am used to current compactSUV sizes but days of minivans and kids stuff behind me, this is good enough size.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag

While I agree that the car is smaller than a crv, the passenger compartment (front and rear seats) are similar if not larger in the mach e. The cargo area is smaller, so it depends on what your priorities are...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Seattle folks: Y'all did see there was an Infinite Blue in Kirkland, didn't you?
Sponsored