Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I parked outside last night, and because I'm paranoid I was checking my security camera periodically. I noticed a light come on in the interior every once an a while and stay on for different amounts of time. Looking out the window the light is not visible, so I'm assuming its IR. Is this part of the security system in the MME? I don't know what would be triggering it, nothing came near the car, except maybe bugs.

Any thoughts?
Also it was odd the welcome lighting came on at least once in the time I was looking, but only for a few seconds. I do have PAAK setup, but I'm not that close to the car.

This video is a time lapse over 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
There was another post like this a month or two ago. It was determined that the infrared lights were from the driver attention monitor bar, and that the vehicle may briefly awaken from motion detection (gusts of wind, some bugs, etc).

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There was another post like this a month or two ago. It was determined that the infrared lights were from the driver attention monitor bar, and that the vehicle may briefly awaken from motion detection (gusts of wind, some bugs, etc).
It’s odd that the sensor bar would light up the back seat as well. The thing I notice the most is my daughters car seat and that’s in the back seat opposite the driver seat.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe the lights reflect off various car surfaces like glass for instance, and are best absorbed into your daughter's car seat materials?
Ya that could be. I know there are dear occupancy sensors too, so maybe those are lighting up too.

bcraven01

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Standard Range Battery - AWD
Occupation
Cyber Security
Country flag
Looks like there could have been a storm that night - so maybe the wind is shaking the car and waking it up?

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like there could have been a storm that night - so maybe the wind is shaking the car and waking it up?
Nah it wasn’t windy or rainy, that’s just all the bugs flying around lol

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Edge
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Did this just stop for you? I brought home a MME last night and put it on the charger in the garage. Security cam showed those lights blinking from the start and they are still going now. Car is locked and on charge, fob 30 feet away. - Thanks

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did this just stop for you? I brought home a MME last night and put it on the charger in the garage. Security cam showed those lights blinking from the start and they are still going now. Car is locked and on charge, fob 30 feet away. - Thanks
No it still happens. Pretty sure it’s just the security system.