Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The Mach-E is obviously quite a bit quicker, especially off the line. It also feels much heavier and planted.

1-pedal on the Mach-E is also much more aggressive, in a good way. I find it easier to modulate the accelerator pedal to come a full stop, even on declines. In my i3 I usually have to use the brake pedal on a decline.

My partner drove the i3 again yesterday and even made the comment that he preferred 1-pedal on the Mach-E.

I still love my i3 though, it's my commuter car and does a very good job at it!

Probably not for the one time occurrence. If it happens again I'll let my dealer know, but I'm fairly confident it was activated through the app, so I more so hope that Ford is listening and will make changes accordingly, we'll see.

While that has happened once already as well, my dog definitely wasn't in the garage, and we haven't had signs of any other critters in the house in years. The keyfob was well away from the Mach-E, so even if something ran under the rear, it shouldn't have opened or unlocked. Like above, I'm still leaning towards the FordPass app as the culprit.
Hey, one question: if your car is fully charged, does your regen (1 pedal driving) seem limited? On my Model Y, every morning after charging it (or when the battery is cold), my regen is always diminished, so 1 pedal driving isn’t as drastic. I have to use the brakes a lot more than what I would like. Wondering if it was the same on the MME.
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Hey, one question: if your car is fully charged, does your regen (1 pedal driving) seem limited? On my Model Y, every morning after charging it (or when the battery is cold), my regen is always diminished, so 1 pedal driving isn’t as drastic. I have to use the brakes a lot more than what I would like. Wondering if it was the same on the MME.
No, there is 10% reserve on the battery, so except in extreme cases (going down Pikes Peak at 100% charge), there will always be some available capacity.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Regen is always limited when the battery is full, even at 95% charge your regen is limited. So if you need to stop don't rely on regen braking when your battery is full.

My e-Golf can use full regen braking when it is near 80%.

It is the same reasons why DC charging is limited at 80% charge.

Last edited:

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Regen is always limited when the battery is full, even at 95% charge your regen is limited.
Ya, I’ve only been charging my car to 90% everyday, but still....limited regen. Oh well.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ya, I’ve only been charging my car to 90% everyday, but still....limited regen. Oh well.
Assuming you don’t have a really long commute, why not just charge it less each day if you are plugging in each night?

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Assuming you don’t have a really long commute, why not just charge it less each day if you are plugging in each night?
I guess I could do that, but thought I read you should keep them plugged in? I’m still learning this EV thing

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That could just be because it's cold; are you able to (and thus have) set up a "go" time so it warms the battery?

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
That could just be because it's cold; are you able to (and thus have) set up a "go" time so it warms the battery?
Good question...yes, I can set a departure time (0615), and theoretically the car is “pre-conditioned” to leave by then. It’s warm and toasty , with seat heaters and steering wheel heated on, but I still get the limited regen message. Granted it’s cold out. Who knows...not a big deal.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Have you reached out to Tesla, or the Tesla forums? You should get regen if you only are charging to 90%.
No, not yet. I’ll do that. I just figured because it was cold and the battery was full (well, to the limit I set—90%), the limited regen was standard.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I took my car out for a drive today. I let my car charge to 100% last night as it was my first night with the car and the chargepoint. The car stayed at 100% for a lot longer than I thought it would have. Like 5 miles.

I've only used 1 Pedal Driving since I got the car. At 100% charge, I didn't notice any difference in the regen braking. It still seemed to stop just as quick for me.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Regen is always limited when the battery is full, even at 95% charge your regen is limited. So if you need to stop don't rely on regen braking when your battery is full.

My e-Golf can use full regen braking when it is near 80%.

It is the same reasons why DC charging is limited at 80% charge.
Yes, the rate the battery can absorb charge decreases as % of charge increases. This effect is felt more on smaller batteries, as they "fill up" faster since there are just fewer cells in them to absorb energy.
Sponsored