Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Yes, the rate the battery can absorb charge decreases as % of charge increases. This effect is felt more on smaller batteries, as they "fill up" faster since there are just fewer cells in them to absorb energy.
That's also what i think, in case of the MME, if charge is limited to 11kW at 80% charge it is likely the regen is also limited at 11kW. That will limit regen noticeable.

The e-Golf can DC charge at 40kw, at 80% slower and above 90% it is really slow, you can see the regen in a similar patern.
Sponsored

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Saphira is still in her nest for now. I check on her most evenings and play around inside. Just waiting for PPF and coatings before I start driving her more regularly...

I do love having this happen when I walk past:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Initial Thoughts and Owner Review of a New Grabber Blue First Edition Mach-E IMG_0639.JPG

Has been working very well considering I only have my phone on me when I walk past...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It definitely looks awesome in my garage. Haha. Today I went out to the car, because we had a rolling blackout. So I went to the car to stay warm. I opened the door into the garage to see this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Initial Thoughts and Owner Review of a New Grabber Blue First Edition Mach-E 20210215_125426

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Also wanted to update that I do keep Saphira plugged in, have her set to charge to 90%. I have seen FordPass indicating that it's charging the 12V battery, and my Wallbox EVSE lets me know every few hours that Saphira has "completed" charging. I'm thinking it's good that she's pulling some juice every few hours, though who knows....

Hoping the nasty weather we get this Thursday is the last for a while and I'll take her out some next week and try to get by the dealership to see about the electrical whine and getting my new keyfob programmed.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
And people were worried about snakes when obviously they should have been concerned with the gremlins that hitched rides to stay warm while in KC. Glad your stable had room for the hatch, mine will not.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Initial Thoughts and Owner Review of a New Grabber Blue First Edition Mach-E 1613506582863

Last edited:

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
So I just watched that excellent video (Steve's Cars?) about the Sync4A system. You can make the hatch manual-only. After 2 mishaps with my wife's Forrester opening its hatch (pocket press of key fob) and getting scraped up on the garage door, I plan to make my ME's hatch manual-only.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Haven't actually driven my Mach-E in almost 2 weeks since I'm babying it before I can get XPEL PPF installed (waiting on templates still). The weather had been crap with roads covered in salt, but we had a good rain yesterday followed by sun, and today is supposed to be nice, so I couldn't resist driving it to work.

The electrical whine in the instrument cluster is annoying as ever, to me. I do eventually get to the point where it's drowned out, but it takes a while. Haven't really had time to follow up with the dealership yet, but hopefully I can make some time soon.

Wireless charging - iPhone 12 Pro with no case still moves a bit while driving and eventually stops charging. I have an off-brand magsafe charger that I think I'll just stick down there and use. Didn't immediately see a way to turn off the built-in wireless charging pad though. Would like to have it completely off so there's no issues with the magsafe charger sitting on it.

Carplay Audio - I use Youtube Music and have never had a single issue in my Veloster or my i3, but 3-4 times on my 45min commute it stutter/skipped in the Mach-E. I experienced this when I first got the car and drove it, but thought maybe it was a fluke. Doesn't seem to be though....

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, not yet. I’ll do that. I just figured because it was cold and the battery was full (well, to the limit I set—90%), the limited regen was standard.
Limited brake regen will occur even in warmer temps if you're above ~ 85% SoC. The BMS throttles back the max brake regen (78 kW) to avoid too much heat and energy back into the battery. It does the same while DC charging. When you're at 80% SoC, the BMS will only allow ~ 48-50 kW. I've never DC charged above 80% so I don't know what it would be at 85 or 90%.
Sponsored