Inside EV's real world range test. Winner: No. Surprise.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Allowing an error like this (379 vs 300 in predicted range, EX, rwd) shows an overall sloppiness in research if not proofreading. You have to wonder what else they got wrong.

The test did show that the MME got 302 out of a 300 battery. At least it met it's factory prediction. Whether the others did, I haven't a clue until I do my own research.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's not an error. That is the range estimate in other countries.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Inside EV's real world range test. Winner: No. Surprise. 1627652243327

Ford Mustang Mach-E Inside EV's real world range test. Winner: No. Surprise. 1627652302179

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Allowing an error like this (379 vs 300 in predicted range, EX, rwd) shows an overall sloppiness in research if not proofreading. You have to wonder what else they got wrong.

The test did show that the MME got 302 out of a 300 battery. At least it met it's factory prediction. Whether the others did, I haven't a clue until I do my own research.
Yeah, I used to visit that site pretty regularly, but got tired of the fanboy vibe and never-ending parade of obnoxious videos. Some good things for sure, but I saw video of street racing where speeds touched 115 or so and it really turned me off. Just not a reliable news source.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Not that InsideEVs is my favorite, but the test isn't from InsideEVs.

The article is just them reposting the actual test/video done by "What Car?".

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Why does everything have to be a video these days? What happened to a normal article with a chart or something?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Inside EV's real world range test. Winner: No. Surprise. 1627655500897

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Why does everything have to be a video these days? What happened to a normal article with a chart or something?
There's probably a video out there that covers this, titled "You Won't Believe This Chart I Found". ?

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
They didn't say anything about years, but looks like they tested a 2020 and older M3? The WLTP range, battery usable are all incorrect for a 2021 --

Also the 19 sport wheels knock out about 10% of range. They tested Mach-E with the base wheels but M3 with the sport wheels

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

They're using WLTP figures. You're referring to EPA numbers?

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Many modern adults don't read anymore. They prefer having someone visually telling them what is good or bad. They watch car ads and take in what others tell them to buy instead of doing research on which is the best for their needs. Saddenly, that is how they elect Presidents for the last twenty years, watching and listening to what they say instead of reading about them.

This is why we see hundreds of imported car ads, because Ford and GM don't put out enough ads about their great products. So we who do read articles and evaluations make better choices and buy the best cars made in America. In my case, my choices last much longer (average of twenty years) thus saved me tens of thousands of dollars in all my car ownerships.

I believe that Ford has never posted any ads on the Fusion yet it is my best car. Even KBB has recently recommended the Fusion Hybrid as one of the best used electrified car deals.
https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/2...kes-kbbs-best-used-electrified-vehicles-list/

Last edited:

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag

Looking at the comments for the article itself, it appears there are many people questioning the "numbers" across multiple brands. So it is definitely wise to do some additional research and look for supporting facts/documents.
Sponsored