First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Here's a short article from Road & Track, where they have rehashed bits of a Detroit Free Press interview with Ford CEO Jim Farley. The original, full interview is locked behind a paywall.

Inside Ford's Push to Become an EV Leader

Like every other automaker, Ford is getting into the EV game in a major way. The Mustang Mach-E crossover is now on sale, and the E-Transit and the F-150 EV are both on their way. Today, the Detroit Free Press published an insightful interview with Ford CEO Jim Farley that also features some reporting on other automaker EV strategies, and the now-over fight between California, the Trump administration, and the companies who took sides. GM has received more headlines and increased stock value for its ambitious EV plans, which consist of many new models, while Ford's efforts haven't received as much attention. Farley pushes back on the notion that Ford is therefore further behind. "We are the first and only company that I see that will offer an electric van and an electric pickup truck in 24 months," he said. "That's not come from behind. We're the first. We are the dominant player."

Additionally, Farley highlighted the difference between GM and Ford. Where GM is creating new electric models, Ford is electrifying well-known nameplates like the Mustang, Transit, F-150, and further down the line, some SUV models, though Farley declined to go into specifics. Farley—a hardcore enthusiast who races an original GT40 among other things—concluded with an interesting remark: "The electric car, I would just say, is a better car, in a way," he said. "You eliminate 30 to 40 percent of the parts. Those are the ones that break and are expensive to repair. The inside has more room. You get new space up front, a frunk, a front trunk. It's a digital vehicle, so you can tune the car really easily with software. You can make the car better with over the air updates...It's just a better car."
Sponsored