Lscamp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
Anyone heard of any dealers or maybe even Ford reimbursing up to $2k for charger installation? Was talking with an electrician and he said a Mach-E owner in New Jersey (one of his customers) was reimbursed $2k but wasn’t sure if it was the dealer or Ford. Similar to GM reimbursing Bolt buyers. I’ve never seen or read anything on that, but curious if you guys had.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
The Mach E demand continues to be really high, so I don' t see why the manufacturer or dealer would choose to launch an incentive like that right now.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Anyone heard of any dealers or maybe even Ford reimbursing up to $2k for charger installation? Was talking with an electrician and he said a Mach-E owner in New Jersey (one of his customers) was reimbursed $2k but wasn’t sure if it was the dealer or Ford. Similar to GM reimbursing Bolt buyers. I’ve never seen or read anything on that, but curious if you guys had.
Not at all. My guess is that the electrician misheard or didn't have all of the facts. Supposedly you can get the installation done through amazon, so maybe he was referring to how that transaction is done? NJ was supposed to have a reimbursement program for EVSE but AFAIK that hasn't been implemented yet, and it was supposed to have a $500 cap.

Deleted member 3569

The Mach E demand continues to be really high, so I don' t see why the manufacturer or dealer would choose to launch an incentive like that right now.
I know that Federal tax form 8911 allows deductions of 30% or up to $1,000 based on the cost of installation of an alternative fuel device (electric plug and/or charging device) at your primary residence. I am not aware of any NJ dealership offering rebate for plug/charger installation since there is already a new vehicle tax exemption. I just purchased my Mach-e from a EV certified Ford dealer in NJ.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's possible the person that told the electrician that was just confused. The dealer may have told them about the tax credit for installing an EVSE which has a cap of $1000.

I do think Ford was paying for some replacement installations when there were some faulty units.

OP
OP
Lscamp

Lscamp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
I know that Federal tax form 8911 allows deductions of 30% or up to $1,000 based on the cost of installation of an alternative fuel device (electric plug and/or charging device) at your primary residence. I am not aware of any NJ dealership offering rebate for plug/charger installation since there is already a new vehicle tax exemption. I just purchased my Mach-e from a EV certified Ford dealer in NJ.
Yeah. I know about the federal rebate. The $2k seemed a little too good to be true.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's possible the person that told the electrician that was just confused. The dealer may have told them about the tax credit for installing an EVSE which has a cap of $1000.

I do think Ford was paying for some replacement installations when there were some faulty units.
Yeah. I know about the federal rebate. The $2k seemed a little too good to be true.
AHA! Perhaps the electrician heard about the $2000 NJ rebate available on the Mach E, and his customer was considering that discount as "paying for the EVSE installation"?

JCSquared918

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
We just purchased a Mach e in NJ there is a $5,000 rebate for EV under $46,000 and a $2,000 rebate for ones with MSRP under $56,000. That came directly off the price and that’s a NJ incentive.
Sponsored