Installed a Fitcamx dash cam in our 2023 Premium

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I just installed mine today. Getting the rain sensor wire unplugged was the hardest part really. Cut my finger trying to do it. It's much longer than expected. So far the camera looks great. Going to have to play with the settings a little bit but I like what I see. I wish the app interface was a bit more streamlined, but that's a personal preference.

Anyone come up with any good shortcuts to downloading the files from the camera? Or workflows even? I might switch between two SD cars when I need to pull files.
Does it sit flush or have issues like others reported here where the passenger side dips down? It seems FITCAM has said they're working on fixing it... I'm waiting to order it until they've fixed it.
Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Does it sit flush or have issues like others reported here where the passenger side dips down? It seems FITCAM has said they're working on fixing it... I'm waiting to order it until they've fixed it.
I received mine two weeks ago and it does not fit flush. I doubt that I'll bother with taking it off and fixing it, but it's still annoying.

Deleted member 16048

Mine seemed to seat pretty well compared to others. I honestly can't see any issues and my girlfriend can't either. (Her eyes are much better than mind. lol) So if it is, it's so minor it's not a big deal. I have a 22 Select trim, but heard that some other trims might just fit weird.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I was never able to connect to the camera's wifi server, so I just pull the card and plug it into my computer to transfer the files. I do wish I could get longer videos. 3-minute clips is kind of a pain to deal with (although ffmpeg on a linux machine makes it easy to concatenate the files into one massive video).
I had the same issue when setting up my dashcam. On your iPhone I assume, go to settings and search "CarPlay". Select it off. You should then be able to connect to the dashcam wifi.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I had the same issue when setting up my dashcam. On your iPhone I assume, go to settings and search "CarPlay". Select it off. You should then be able to connect to the dashcam wifi.
It's an Android phone, and turning off Android Auto still didn't let the fitcamx app connect. I can connect to the camera's wifi server, but the app fails to authenticate with the camera. It's not important enough to me to bother with since I can easily pop out the card and read it directly and much more quickly.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The last message I received from them was that they would modify it to eliminate the gap in "the future". I'll ping them again to see if the future is now.
They've confirmed that they have a new version of the surround, and new orders are shipping with that new version. They're going to send me one of the new surrounds to test. Assuming it fits better, I'll move the camera over from the original and report back.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
They've confirmed that they have a new version of the surround, and new orders are shipping with that new version. They're going to send me one of the new surrounds to test. Assuming it fits better, I'll move the camera over from the original and report back.
Awesome, thank you for reaching out!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It would be interesting to see if they offer the new surround as a service part for purchase. Even though I bent mine to more or less fit, I might want to get a purposely created housing. 🤷‍♂️🐩

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It would be interesting to see if they offer the new surround as a service part for purchase. Even though I bent mine to more or less fit, I might want to get a purposely created housing. 🤷‍♂️🐩
I haven't directly asked them, but I bet they would send the new surround to anyone who purchased the old one and asks for it. They did something similar when they changed colors for the surround in my son's Jeep Renegade. The plastic is probably pretty cheap if they don't have to include the camera. But I'd wait until we can confirm that the new one is actually better.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I took the leap last week and can confirm that the new design sits flush. You can see the housing plastic taper inward where the gap used to be.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed a Fitcamx dash cam in our 2023 Premium PXL_20230421_152739676

My installation experience echoes that of others in this thread. The OEM housing came off neatly with a firm tug after popping four of the five clips using the provided tool. Transferring the clips over to the new piece was a little tedious, but not complicated. Disconnecting the power source was the main obstacle, and required some finessing and an uncomfortable application of force to overcome the little snap-in wedge.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I took the leap last week and can confirm that the new design sits flush. You can see the housing plastic taper inward where the gap used to be.
Yeah, I just received my replacement surround, and I'm not really happy with the way that they filled in that gap. It looks like they didn't change the mold, they just added an extra lip to that area to fill the gap. But that extra lip is very obvious, so it still isn't seamless even though it's now flush. The original surround customized with a heat gun looks better, IMO.

EcoJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Prem RWD-ER.
Country flag
Installed a Fitcamx in our 2023 Premium. Install is very clean. Install and setup is about 15-20 minutes.
Will follow up with videos once we use it for a while.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed a Fitcamx dash cam in our 2023 Premium PXL_20230421_152739676
It would be great to hear your review after 8 months of use. Are you still sold?

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
I installed the FitcamX in my 2023 Escape PHEV (easy install, factory look)but installed the Thinkware front and back cameras along with a battery pack and radar unit in my MME because I wanted it to work when parked as I thought it might be more of a target for vandals.
Sponsored