Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
On another thread I saw they micro fuse tapped at fuse locations 1-2 and 24.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Country flag
Got the Thinkware U1000. Waiting on fuse taps and a Sandisc 256. I plugged it into the 12vdc and tried to connect via Wifi. CarPlay kept kicking me off the Thinkware Wifi. Didn't have time to mess with it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Got the Thinkware U1000. Waiting on fuse taps and a Sandisc 256. I plugged it into the 12vdc and tried to connect via Wifi. CarPlay kept kicking me off the Thinkware Wifi. Didn't have time to mess with it.
Disable CarPlay from the phone side, not the car side - Settings > General > CarPlay > MME > Toggle off. Way easier and pretty quick, you can obviously search for "CarPlay" too instead of hunting for it!

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Country flag
Disable CarPlay from the phone side, not the car side - Settings > General > CarPlay > MME > Toggle off. Way easier and pretty quick, you can obviously search for "CarPlay" too instead of hunting for it!
Thanks!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
LOL I just turn off BT temporarily. Fewer taps. 🤷‍♂️🐩

TEP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 dark matter ext battery
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just tried to install a FitCam. I was unable to connect both camera and Car Play. It seems to be either or! I am thinking of removing camera. I installed according to directions.
My Tip to anyone installing to go to a Ford dealer and buy clips for the reinstall of the camera. Contrary to the directions and videos the 5 clips were a pure pain to remove. So much for the 15 minutes to install. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Tom

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Country flag
I just tried to install a FitCam. I was unable to connect both camera and Car Play. It seems to be either or! I am thinking of removing camera. I installed according to directions.
My Tip to anyone installing to go to a Ford dealer and buy clips for the reinstall of the camera. Contrary to the directions and videos the 5 clips were a pure pain to remove. So much for the 15 minutes to install. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Tom
I had to disable CarPlay in my phone settings while setting up my dashcam under the advice of @Neil4Real

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Is it worth it to also record the back? Heard that adds to the difficulty of the install
Installation of the rear cam is not as easy as the front one. It involves wiring from the front cam all the way to the liftgate. Considering that the rear cam is not as useful as the dashcam I don't think it worth the extra efforts, money and risk to screw up something while wiring.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Country flag
Were you then able to reconnect to car play. I so How?
[/QUOTE]
No. CarPlay always over rides my Dashcam Bluetooth connection. I just turned off CarPlay on my phone while I was Live Viewing my Thinkware dashcam, while trying to get a good angle during installation.

TEP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 dark matter ext battery
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Were you then able to reconnect to car play. I so How?
No. CarPlay always over rides my Dashcam Bluetooth connection. I just turned off CarPlay on my phone while I was Live Viewing my Thinkware dashcam, while trying to get a good angle during installation.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. To bad I want my cake etc….

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Just installed the Cam. When I was prying off the original plastic piece some plastic clip fell off from inside :( . How bad is it?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed a Fitcamx dash cam in our 2023 Premium 20230218_103722

After installation all tabs seem to snap all the way in but there is still a gap between the plastic piece and the roof :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed a Fitcamx dash cam in our 2023 Premium 20230218_103629upd

Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed a Fitcamx dash cam in our 2023 Premium 20230218_103637upd
Ford Mustang Mach-E Installed a Fitcamx dash cam in our 2023 Premium 20230218_103647upd

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Another issue: android auto wifi alaways overrides the camera wifi. So before connecting to camera I have to turn off android auto. :(
Sponsored